Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Classifieds??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 06:48 PM   #41

Default Re: Classifieds??

It keeps people from turning a great forum into a rc classified ads section. Plus it keeps the riff raff out. There's one for me 19 and counting
Crawlerjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2013, 12:39 AM   #42

Just putting in my .02, but as someone just getting back into the rc hobby and brand new to crawling, this site is an amazing recourse. I actually support the 30/30 rule as it insures that new members contribute to the site in some way before taking advantage of some of its perks.
Blkout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:06 AM   #43
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smplcty View Post
Popping my post cherry! I am the super lurker! 3years yesterday I have been on here after buying a losi mrc. I have yet to post because everything has been answered already. Any question or comment I have had other than "cool truck" would be redundant. I have saved for the past 3years for a scale rig and finally acquired enough, so yes 20 is a lot of money to me. But it looks like there is no other option for me. Hopefully there will be something in the classifieds for me.
posts dont have to be questions - or comments either.

I started out here by starting a thread about the truck i am building, progress pics, etc...30/30 before you know it!

(altho I did pony up the $20 to support a great site, and get into the giveaways! and being a full time student & jobless - that is a huge sum for me right now - but well worth it imho)
heartless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:10 PM   #44
Rock Crawler

I paid my $20 today, but can't see the classifieds yet. Any ideas?
Pockets70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:26 AM   #45
In the band for now.

give the mods a little time, there busy boys
lemonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:33 AM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Are you allowed to edit your price on your item for sale? Or is that considered bumping? Thanks

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
asian195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:23 AM   #47
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asian195 View Post
Are you allowed to edit your price on your item for sale? Or is that considered bumping? Thanks

You can edit the original post all you want. It won't move it back to the top though.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:07 PM   #48
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
You can edit the original post all you want. It won't move it back to the top though.
Oh ok. Thanks. I wasn't looking to move it to the top, just lower the price.

asian195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:15 PM   #49

Hi,
New to the site and completely understand the use of the 30/30 system to avoid scammers, it's just a shame you can't even view the classifieds while being blocked from posting on them, as It would have been nice to get price references on what sells for what 2nd hand second hand.
wozthefitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:28 AM   #50
Rock Stacker

Glad I found this thread, it answered a lot of questions for me about the classifieds.

Just this month, a hobby store opened down the street from me and I wandered in and it has re-ignited my interest in RC. I've been out of the hobby for probably over 5 years, but I still have a modded out Jugg 2, an E-maxx, an AE B4, Tamiya Hummer and Tamiya Midnight Pumpkin. I feel like I'm leaving something out. Anyway, all run but the Jugg. Seeing what is on the shelf now is incredible and I think I want to get back into it and get a scaler. So I've been reading up on all I can and this site has a ton of info.

Not quite ready to buy something yet. Gonna have to save up and learn more, so I'm not sure if I will try and do the 30/30 or buy a star when I get closer, but it would be nice to buy a used scaler over a new one.

I am on a bunch of other forums (mostly food and grilling, but have been on Jeep ones and offroad ones and even RCMT way back in the day), so I know how they work. Hopefully I can find ways to contribute. I don't want to build a count number by saying cool truck and stuff. I usually don't speak up unless I have something to contribute. Anyway, I rambled on. Cool site and glad to be here.
Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:33 AM   #51
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the info
jeepnvinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSCOTT View Post
Don't take it wrong man, this has absolutely nothing to do with you being a newbie. It is a safety factor to make sure you're not someone that's just gonna jump on here and scam people out of money in the classifieds and then leave. 30 days and 30 posts = you're most likely gonna be someone that will stick around.
that I can understand ,but what I still a little confused on is if I were to buy a star I could do the same thing? Not saying i'm going to scam anyone but really whats $20.00 going to cover if someone gets screwed over for $150.00 or higher having to buy a star to see classifieds is imo a helmet head rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartless View Post
posts dont have to be questions - or comments either.

I started out here by starting a thread about the truck i am building, progress pics, etc...30/30 before you know it!

(altho I did pony up the $20 to support a great site, and get into the giveaways! and being a full time student & jobless - that is a huge sum for me right now - but well worth it imho)
I see you bought a star so I was just wondering how many giveaways have you won or recieved

Last edited by THX_138; 08-02-2013 at 09:33 PM.
tobyjarett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:56 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobyjarett View Post
that I can understand ,but what I still a little confused on is if I were to buy a star I could do the same thing? Not saying i'm going to scam anyone but really whats $20.00 going to cover if someone gets screwed over for $150.00 or higher having to buy a star to see classifieds is imo a helmet head rule

The higher percentage of people that cruise the Internet just to be Trolls, scam people or are simply out to be dillholes, historically do not cough up $20 or more to do wrong... They usually just move along to an easier FREE target.

Also, even if a person does shell out the $20, it isn't a free pass to be an idiot. The forum rules still apply and then they risk being infracted, suspended or even banned ultimately losing the $20.

Spend $20 or more just to scam people... Doesn't "usually" happen.
Risk that $20 or more to then be caught scamming etc.. Doesn't "usually" happen.

THX_138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:29 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX_138 View Post

The higher percentage of people that cruise the Internet just to be Trolls, scam people or are simply out to be dillholes, historically do not cough up $20 or more to do wrong... They usually just move along to an easier FREE target.

Also, even if a person does shell out the $20, it isn't a free pass to be an idiot. The forum rules still apply and then they risk being infracted, suspended or even banned ultimately losing the $20.

Spend $20 or more just to scam people... Doesn't "usually" happen.
Risk that $20 or more to then be caught scamming etc.. Doesn't "usually" happen.

lol I totally understand what your saying but being the age I am I also know it takes money to make money. im just simply saying its kinda a dumb rule to have to shell out 20 to see classifieds. not a troll or trying to piss anyone off I just don't get it I guess , this site looks a lot like rc tech an I don't remember that as a rule
tobyjarett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:47 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
im just simply saying its kinda a dumb rule to have to shell out 20 to see classifieds.
You don't have to pay the $20....you can always go the 30 days and 30 posts route.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:49 PM   #56
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

I see you bought a star so I was just wondering how many giveaways have you won or recieved
Over the last few years I have won my money back 1000 fold. The top dollar items I won were a Futaba 4pl and a Wraith kit. That's about $500 in prizes right there...not including the countless other giveaways I have been lucky enough to win.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:49 PM   #57
I wanna be Dave

I have won a few giveaways and it was worth a good amount more then my first star(gold star). I didn't get my star till after I had my posts and days in. I put the time in and found the classisfieds after. Then I started saving huge amounts of money and built a few rigs with the parts off the for sale section. With in which time I donated 50$(which I have saved on a single purchase, more then once) to the site to support it and be included in the giveaways..

Its a great site and well worth keeping around! So if you want to save a pile of money, drop the twenty! Or put ur time in an figure it out in another 18 posts.... :thumbup:
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:59 PM   #58
Quarry Creeper

Yes but being new and supporting the site go hand in hand in my opinion. It is defiantly worth it for sure. If your new and starting a project then you most defiantly have 30 questions.
Billy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:09 PM   #59
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
lol I totally understand what your saying but being the age I am I also know it takes money to make money. im just simply saying its kinda a dumb rule to have to shell out 20 to see classifieds. not a troll or trying to piss anyone off I just don't get it I guess , this site looks a lot like rc tech an I don't remember that as a rule
you will probably save that initial 20 bucks on your first purchase off the forums im fairly new but i have learned a lot from this site in a very short period of time and i have learned that the rcc peeps are a tight knit group never been on a site comparable to this especially with all the great comunication that is on this site i would pay twice as an annual due to have access to this site! :thumbup:
wrenchinrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #60

so... you're complaining because you can't get to the hidden classifieds, because you want to save money?

then buy a star, like i did... it's sooo worth it, to be able to peek at the goodies, and save tons of money!
Carlos the Jackhole is offline   Reply With Quote