Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Classifieds??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2009, 09:14 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Classifieds??

I can't seem to find them? Could someone tell me where to look?
Looking for an SCX10 to be more specific or a body to put on the Axial that i am yet to find!
ToyFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2009, 09:20 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

There are a few Forum FAQ's that explain it, stickied about...

Boils down to your post count, and tenure on the forum. Gotta be here 30days min and 30posts before they pop up for ya.
JasonJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:23 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

To view the classifieds section you have to purchase a green star. With all the info that's available on the site, and the amount of adds that go through that for sale section, the star is well worth the price. You can do this by going to your User CP under the "Paid Subscriptions".

If you can't support the site, like posted above you have to wait 30 days and have 30 posts before you can view them.
MCSCOTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:49 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Here are the forum rules:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/misc.php?do=cfrules
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:23 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Thanks for clarifyiying this guys!

I respect the rules, but I am definately a newbie. I purchased a High Lift about 3 weeks ago. This being the first RC I have had in about 15 years. My boys got the bug too... so we went out and bought them matching Losi MRC's. When they got their MRC's, I realized that unless I stuck a bunch more money into what was already a very expensive RC I was never going to be happy with the Hilux. So now I have sold the Hilux and persuing an SCX10. I am sure I could put the kit together just not sure which motors, esc's, and battery combo's to run. Any way it would be much easier for me to buy one ready to run.
Any way my point is that within 3 weeks I have already bought 3 RC's and looking for a fourth. How is it any benefit to the upstanding members on here that have stuff listed in the classifieds who could be missing out on a potential sale? I definately understand the whole idea of not letting a newbie use the site as another "craigslist" but do not understand why you wouldn't let a newbie browse the classifieds? <---- I don't see how more eyes browsing classifieds could be anything except beneficial to existing members?

Wow... that's probabaly not the best way to introduce myself to a new forum, but it is how I feel!

By the way there are alot of awesome scale vehicles on this sight.

That brings up another thing.. I've read this sight for months (a lurker if you will) and you guys got me hooked on the hobby. I signed up as soon as I got my Hilux and that makes it all the harder for me to understand why you wouldn't want to let a newbie see the classifieds? You have to buy an RC before you can participate in the hobby!
Old 04-03-2009, 01:29 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Don't take it wrong man, this has absolutely nothing to do with you being a newbie. It is a safety factor to make sure you're not someone that's just gonna jump on here and scam people out of money in the classifieds and then leave. 30 days and 30 posts = you're most likely gonna be someone that will stick around.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:54 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Now I completely understand! I forgot how evil the world is nowadays!
What happened to people being brought up the old fashioned way with morals and good family values?
Old 04-03-2009, 01:57 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyFarm View Post
Now I completely understand! I forgot how evil the world is nowadays!
What happened to people being brought up the old fashioned way with morals and good family values?
Yup, sadly that's the case these days. These problems are even worse on forums as big as this one. That's why several of them are going to that 30/30 rule.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:16 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Not to mention, If your buying stuff from the classifieds in money you save your almost gurantee'd to have the green star pay for its self on the first thing you buy.
akguanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:53 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by akguanja View Post
Not to mention, If your buying stuff from the classifieds in money you save your almost gurantee'd to have the green star pay for its self on the first thing you buy.
How does the green star save me money? I did a search on green star and there was way too many search results and the first couple i read didnt give any details about what the star does?
Old 04-03-2009, 03:04 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
How does the green star save me money? I did a search on green star and there was way too many search results and the first couple i read didnt give any details about what the star does?
it costs $20 for a green star but you will definitely SAVE that much or more on the first thing you buy from the classifieds
engineerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:25 PM   #12
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Scamming is the real reason we have the 30/30 limits. It keeps people from popping in and "selling". Creates a tighter nit community all together.

You can also attach pics to the forum and get an avatar when you get a star. That was the big one for me when I first got a star.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:48 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:

It saves you money by allowing you to view the classifieds and thats what will save you money in comparision to buying a kit somewhere brand new.

i mean hell you can find a 600$ rig in the classifieds here for around 300$ easy.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:35 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Not to mention give aways if they still happen.
smokinubyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:38 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinubyrc View Post
Not to mention give aways if they still happen.

YA they do, theres a few going on right now.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:01 PM   #16
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Givaways go in clusters.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:00 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Yeah, it may or may not save you money depending on what you buy from the classifieds, if anything. However like mentioned you also get the chance to enter giveaways, and sometimes they can be huge. Also there are tons of vendors on site here that are always looking for testers for their products, and in order to have a chance to be a tester you usually have to have a star.

I don't even mess with that kinda think much, but I still feel the money is well spent to support this site. If you get into this hobby at all, as you already know there is an endless supply of info, pics, anything you want here. Think about how many magazines you would have to buy at $5 each to get that kinda thing. The $ helps keep the site going, and helps keep new things coming up on here that are good for the hobby like the RCCtv live feeds and things like that that cost these guys alot of money to keep going. That's how I look at it, it's a great investment.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:33 AM   #18
RCC Addict

Quote:
How does the green star save me money?
As far as I am concerned I have saved forty three buckets of money just by reading the threads in this forum. As the saying goes in management: knowledge is money. In here you gain access to heaps of FREE knowledge that will help you save money by avoiding unnecessary purchases. Take it from a guy that pays 50% more for his upgrades (shipping to Greece) and you can get how important it is not to buy the wrong stuff.

Darn I wrote a book again
MadForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:28 PM   #19

Default Re: Classifieds??

Nice to finally be a member to this awesome site
A lot of cool stuff and can't wait to post pics of my rig
Gen2freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:43 AM   #20
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Classifieds??

It's kind of ridiculous because I don't have much to talk about if i'm new to this hobby. How am I supposed to get 30 if I had nothing meaningful to contribute? I just want to begin work on my project and I would like to post in for sale. I don't think it's worth it to sit here an act like I know what I am talking about.
ranger4xlt is offline   Reply With Quote