Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Redcat Rockslide RS10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2009, 10:34 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Garbage....That is about all i can say about this thing...I you look at it everything has been copied from somewhere else...Just like Integy's garbage...
Jeepial is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2009, 09:41 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

OK, I drank just a lil' bit of the kool aid I watched the video on there site of that truck. It's MOA, but SWEAR that it was showing torque twist in 3 or 4 situations Is it just problems with all the swing steer or what?
durango#95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:33 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Yeah, I had to go back and watch again
How bad have you screwed up the suspension geometry when you induce TT on an MOA rig
durango#95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:07 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

lol I just had to see it for myself!

What were the very first things I learned on RCC, oh yeah, triangulation and drag brake.
Karadjas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:56 PM   #25
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepial View Post
Garbage....That is about all i can say about this thing...I you look at it everything has been copied from somewhere else...Just like Integy's garbage...
i think integy stuff is another himoto/redcat chinese knock off too

oh and i ordered an rs 10 and one of there bl desert trucks they will be here tomorrow. so ill see how well it does compared to my rtr ax10

Last edited by neightfrog; 06-10-2009 at 06:03 PM.
neightfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:32 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

Let us know. I mean, yeah, Redcat's stuff is junk... but those MOA axles actually look at least a LITTLE promising... Check out the angled tubes...

Yeah, so everything else is junk...

How much of your stock berg did you throw away/sell?
JavelinSST390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:45 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

looks like a pretty expensive way to get a decent looking scaler body
Nate08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 06:37 PM   #28
RCC Addict

no drag break?

and how the fu*k did they manage to get torque twist on a moa type rig?
NeXt559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:23 PM   #29

i got one of these a few days ago and i have to say, its really nice, especially for the price. the is no torque twist and it does pretty well on the rocks. this is my first crawler so i'm not too experienced yet. all i have done is move the battery to the front axle, losi tires and channeled the foams and put BBs in there. the stock tires are junk, too hard. the electrics are chinese and not the best quality though the Tx is pretty nice with that little screen that shows how the tires are turning. it has 4 steering modes: front steer, rear steer, same direction 4ws, opposite direction 4ws. it has a fan on the ESC. i did have to trim the body a bit because it rubbed a little. if you have any questions, please ask me. i was a bit unsure at first but i've been having a lot of fun with it. i got it for $160 at www.rampagehopups.com
oh and when not on the throttle the tires stop, i'm not sure if this means it actually has drag brakes or the gearing just keeps the tires from turning

Last edited by atvrider93; 06-12-2009 at 03:42 PM.
atvrider93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:27 PM   #30

this is my own crappy video but you get the idea http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUxt3TE_YW0

Old 06-15-2009, 08:05 PM   #31
RCC Addict

I remember a little while back when another "different" rig hit the market..............and the "asian piece of shit" comments came flying from every direction. Too wide, bad chassis, too tall, etc etc etc.

How did the OCM/Enroute/Newage/Berg rig work out??

I have one of these on order, and should be able to produce a review/test within a week. I kinda dig what I see so far from a MOA rig, RTR, with a 3ch dig. TX for $160 shipped.

And just for the add, redcat already has part support. http://www.redcatracing.com/RC-Cars?search=rs10 Sometimes with the fly-by-night makers, parts aren't there, but so far, redcat is one top of it.
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:57 PM   #32

i will say the motors get pretty hot and the servos don't have quite as much torque as i would sometimes like
Old 06-15-2009, 11:04 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

I watched one in action this weekend.. the tires suck but who cares what kit tires dont suck.. the link design and chassis sucks again who cares. the axles are kinda cool high clearanced and they seem to hold up. I know it has 4 battery packs threw it so far and no breakage so far better then a losi

the ESC will handle 3S with a external BEC(at least this one has so far) the clod stall was pretty bad till he ran the 3s to it..

I dont know for the price there a cool entry crawler.. and while some of it maybe a direct knock off tires/wheels the axle's are a new design.
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:12 PM   #34

One quick question on these... Does it look like the axle motor mounts could take a 540 size motor? holes there for it, etc?? Thanks!
Ffejtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:24 PM   #35
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ffejtech View Post
One quick question on these... Does it look like the axle motor mounts could take a 540 size motor? holes there for it, etc?? Thanks!
The mounts look way too small for a 540. Good thing is that 3xx/4xx series motors are available with plenty of torque to crawl.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:38 PM   #36
Rock Stacker

What motors are you referring to as "3xx/4xx series"? I have had this rig for about a week - decent for the price - Redcat even sent me extra parts when my arrived with wheels that wobbled. The motors and servos are a little under powered - but can be solved easily. The tire compound are a little soft for the rocks - wear easily - these are 2.2, right? I hope Redcat comes out with some optional upgrades for this rig...
austexjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:20 PM   #37
Pebble Pounder

i just got a redcat rs10 rockslide last night. does anyone know any mods to do to it. and if there is a battery i can get to make it run longer thanks
nwcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 07:37 PM   #38
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcrawler View Post
i just got a redcat rs10 rockslide last night. does anyone know any mods to do to it. and if there is a battery i can get to make it run longer thanks
Get a battery with a higher "mAh" rating for longer runtimes.
canadianbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 02:29 AM   #39

"robb"

whens this review coming

looking foward to it
caljones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 01:51 PM   #40
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by caljones View Post
"robb"

whens this review coming

looking foward to it
Rig should have been here Saturday, but the retailer used the wrong shipping method, so won't be here til Monday.:?

And Monday, nothing! rufaster.com SUCKS!!!! Paid for Priority Mail, sent it UPS Ground! And then, requires Signature for delivery (not stated during checkout). So now, UPS will try to deliver it for a couple of days, and I will have to go pick it up myself later this weak! Yea!

Last edited by Robb; 06-22-2009 at 04:00 PM.