Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Adopt a newbie todaayy!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2009, 08:52 PM   #21
TEAM MODERATOR

I think this is a cool thing for Colby to do. This section is here to help the newbies,Colby is trying to do that. The next guy to steer away from the topic or try to start a flame fest in here will get an infraction.

...Now,back to the topic.....
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2009, 08:54 PM   #22
WOOPOOW!!

Thanks rapt....reflection
Brandontodd33 is still under my wing. Who else needs help? I will start a newb familly!
Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:22 AM   #23
RCC Addict

Colby, you could be the Newbie leader on the forum!! Just think, you could be a god to some people!!

-Jason
KrawlOff-Road.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:12 PM   #24
WOOPOOW!!

Haha, yep thatd be cool!
Brandontodd33 has gotten set on the right path.

NEXT NEWBIE!!
Old 06-22-2009, 11:32 PM   #25
WOOPOOW!!

BUMP! That guy wasnt even a berg newbie, ill help anyone. Freakin bored....
Old 06-23-2009, 04:07 AM   #26
Quarry Creeper

this is cool now i wont feel so bad asking noob stuff :-)
I got my 1st crawler ever it is the MRC and the torque twist is killing me I want a MOA!

So what is the most common setup as for motors, esc batt. goes?I meant like 2 esc 1batt etc.
Also I have a Heli radio that I plan on using would it be posible to setup running both motors with the left stick and if I want just one running hit a position switch that way I have to use both stick, would I still be able to use the electronic DIG.
thanks for your time
arevir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:52 PM   #27
WOOPOOW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arevir View Post
I got my 1st crawler ever it is the MRC and the torque twist is killing me I want a MOA!

So what is the most common setup as for motors, esc batt. goes?I meant like 2 esc 1batt etc.
Also I have a Heli radio that I plan on using would it be posible to setup running both motors with the left stick and if I want just one running hit a position switch that way I have to use both stick, would I still be able to use the electronic DIG.
thanks for your time
Well buddy, first off you shouldnt worry about feeling bad about asking noob questions. I know theres a few on this site that will go after a newbie for asking questions, and if a jackass comes up like that, tell them where to go and add them to your ignore list.
Second, a MOA is definetly a big step from a MRC. Some common setups:
Dual Tekin FXR esc's with a Castle BEC and dual handwounds or EPIC motors
Sidewinder ESC with dig switches and servo, or PUNKRC dig switch
Mamba max ESC with dig switches and servo, or PUNKRC dig switch

The best setup is 1 esc, punk dig switch, and 3 pos 3channel radio and receiver.
I really dont know what to say about the heli TX.. DX3R is the best thing for a MOA.

Last edited by Colby; 06-24-2009 at 01:14 AM.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:54 AM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Another fellow Berg newb here. ;) What are the main differences between a Berg axle and a Bully axle? I am trying price out an LCC and MOA rig to see which will be more expensive... what do you guys think?
jnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:10 AM   #29
WOOPOOW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnev View Post
Another fellow Berg newb here. ;) What are the main differences between a Berg axle and a Bully axle? I am trying price out an LCC and MOA rig to see which will be more expensive... what do you guys think?
To be honest, I dont think theres a huge difference in the two. There are more options when it comes to steering on the bullies, and you dont need to buy straight axles on the bullies. Also, they are cheaper. I would suggest either bergs or bullies, both are about the same through my eyes
Old 06-24-2009, 02:16 AM   #30
Rock Crawler

OMG i didnt even get past the first post before i decided to click that magic "post reply" button. now i know i have a comp worthy rig but to get it to perform how i know it should is a different story.

Ma'berg. click my link! im having a crap load of troubles and any input would be great. plz scan though it all cuz alot has been changed since he first few posts.

Last edited by robbio4422; 06-24-2009 at 02:24 AM.
robbio4422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:13 AM   #31
WOOPOOW!!

Your berg looks great!!! Whats wrong with it?
Old 06-24-2009, 12:54 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColbyTheKid View Post
Your berg looks great!!! Whats wrong with it?
lets start with whats right. soo far all im happy with is the KK chassis and the MM. if i could start over with what i know works for this rig i wold scrap the rest and go another direction.

most of it has been just luck. i cant seem to get my dig situation figured out. (burning servos like no other) motor crapped out at just under 4 packs ran through it.(arm went bad) i recieved the wrong shocks from the vendor i used and their customer service sucked so i took one for the team (looking for traxxas 90mm BB's). my link geometry isnt quite were it needs to be but thats something i almost have dialed in.

list goes on. feel free to post on my build thread. any comments will be taken with the highest respect. it my first berg so its a learning process.
robbio4422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:05 PM   #33
WOOPOOW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbio4422 View Post
lets start with whats right. soo far all im happy with is the KK chassis and the MM. if i could start over with what i know works for this rig i wold scrap the rest and go another direction.

most of it has been just luck. i cant seem to get my dig situation figured out. (burning servos like no other) motor crapped out at just under 4 packs ran through it.(arm went bad) i recieved the wrong shocks from the vendor i used and their customer service sucked so i took one for the team (looking for traxxas 90mm BB's). my link geometry isnt quite were it needs to be but thats something i almost have dialed in.

list goes on. feel free to post on my build thread. any comments will be taken with the highest respect. it my first berg so its a learning process.
Ah, does seem like luck. I run a hs-55 servo for my dig and its been awesome so far. I would just go punkRC and leave it be. I also messed up a motor, except mine was about 3 comps after building it, but it was a old motor i ran in my scaler that got dunked in water everyday The rest is just luck man. Some people are full of good luck, other people have problems all the time. Mines a little bit of both.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:40 PM   #34
WOOPOOW!!

Any more newbies?
Old 06-25-2009, 10:15 PM   #35

im a newb! i just got my axles and they r gettin gaild in and am going to the WCC
caspers_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:21 PM   #36
WOOPOOW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caspers_crawler View Post
im a newb! i just got my axles and they r gettin gaild in and am going to the WCC
Cool
Old 06-25-2009, 11:45 PM   #37
Rock Crawler

This is a great topic Colby U da man

Quote:
Originally Posted by arevir View Post

thanks for your time
Running 2 ESC's does require more thinking and can be complicated to drive. If you are confident running a stick radio that has the capability of mixing 2 channels I would recommend 2 ESC's. Running 2 ESC's will give you much greater control over your crawler.

Another thing to consider when running 2 ESC's is that when doing a Dig the motor braking is controlled by the drag brake in the ESC. If you use the Mamba Maxx or Sidewinder the drag brakes are weak and will not lock the tires down to do a Dig. The brakes in the FXR are much stronger and will lock the wheels down to do a Dig. This problem is not seen when running 1 ESC and Dig switches because the switch if wired correctly shorts the motor out giving full braking power.

I run Dual FXR's and a Nomadio React 4ch pistol radio. I don't think I could ever go back to using Dig switches.
TLTRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:59 PM   #38
WOOPOOW!!

Thanks ryan. Yeah, you see as ryan mentioned if your dig switches are wired correctly, it will completely short out the motor. Eron wired my truck together because he thought it didnt need so much wiring and wouldnt short the motor, so its all rolling disconnect. I am re-doing it tomorrow. I will post up my template tomorrow for you.

Could I get this thread stickied maybe?
Old 06-26-2009, 11:47 AM   #39
WOOPOOW!!

Thanks Reflection for the sticky!! Who needs some help
Old 06-26-2009, 03:32 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

So when you use the PunkRC dig switch, do you just leave the throttle spot on the receiver empty? I don't have any of the parts yet, but I'm trying to fiugre out how to wire everything. The dig switch goes into the aux/3rd channel port on the receiver, and the ESC and motors wire directly into the Punk RC dig switch? I am also assuming a single Mamba Max ESC with two brushed motors should work fine on this setup right?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
jnev is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axial, berg, help noob, whats a dig?, whats clod stall?