Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Adopt a newbie todaayy!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2010, 01:09 PM   #501
Quarry Creeper

Default I am "SUPER NEWB"

I got some parts and want to know what I can do with them. Ill never find this thread again so if you wouldnt mind Colby.....PM me or leave a message on my page or something cause ill never find this again......so much stuff on here....its good stuff but hard to go through to re-find something. Thanks
WarHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2010, 10:07 PM   #502

Default Pick me!

I think i posted this in the wrong place the first time.[IMG][/IMG]
do i qualify? ive never been to a competition and i built my truck in my bedroom after school
Mr.RC4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:36 AM   #503

Hi super new guy here. Question-- I'm starting from scratch with no crawling experience and contemplating on getting a New Age CRL 101 Chassis and bulding up from there, or just going with an RTR like the Losi Night Crawler.

I just think the Berg Chassis looks like an awesome piece of work, and I like QUALITY stuff.

I guess the deciding factor comes down to two things:

1. How much would it cost to build up from the CRL 101 with all real good parts?
2. Would it require too much experience and engineering for a newb to complete on his own?
shal1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 06:09 PM   #504

"Ive decided im bored, and I want to help someone, so I am going to adopt one of you berg noobs. You dont have to be a first time crawler, but if you want to run a berg, and dont know where to start, post up here!!!"

I wanted to show you my truck, your 15, im 14. I built this and the trailer in my room after school like i said.Tell me if you like it with the grill guard, its removable.
Mr.RC4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:05 PM   #505
Pebble Pounder

Hello...I'm cold and hungry and have no place to go...I would love to be adopted.

I used to play around with nitro but have not for a few years. I have a renewed interest in getting into crawlers but not really sure where to begin...other than just reading, reading, and reading some more. But if anyone wants to throw some help my way in the meaning time I would be most appreciative.
Nubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:47 PM   #506

Im new to the crawler world,I built my first crawler out of a Clod,Thought it was ok till I went to my first meet and greet at a local comp. Then I figured I would just go for it and build a Super Class out of it. I am now getting into 2.2 Class Crawlers and bought my first Berg. I am still tring to figure out what all this thing will do. It has a Castle Sidewinder ESC,HH 40 turns,Castle BEC,Dig & Burn setup on micro switches, runs 3C 11.1v Lipo,DNA Aluminum beadlocks with 13oz in each front,Hitec 7955 steering servo and a Spektrum DX3 controller. Any body have any advice?

Last edited by Mikejordan23; 10-02-2010 at 10:55 PM.
Mikejordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 05:22 PM   #507

Default newb looking for adoption

newb here looking for parent in 2.2 class for bergs
futang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:19 PM   #508
Rock Stacker

newb here, no crawler, but always looking for a deal.
BritnKurtTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 07:50 AM   #509
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritnKurtTJ View Post
newb here, no crawler, but always looking for a deal.
You need to build up your posts, not by just posting. Asks good question and get 30 posts then go to the for sale section. You can get some bad ass deals on that part of the forum
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:47 AM   #510
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
Hello...I'm cold and hungry and have no place to go...I would love to be adopted.

I used to play around with nitro but have not for a few years. I have a renewed interest in getting into crawlers but not really sure where to begin...other than just reading, reading, and reading some more. But if anyone wants to throw some help my way in the meaning time I would be most appreciative.
Decide whether you want to go "Scale" or "Comp" first, and we can advise from there!
rbgerrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:49 AM   #511
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikejordan23 View Post
Im new to the crawler world,I built my first crawler out of a Clod,Thought it was ok till I went to my first meet and greet at a local comp. Then I figured I would just go for it and build a Super Class out of it. I am now getting into 2.2 Class Crawlers and bought my first Berg. I am still tring to figure out what all this thing will do. It has a Castle Sidewinder ESC,HH 40 turns,Castle BEC,Dig & Burn setup on micro switches, runs 3C 11.1v Lipo,DNA Aluminum beadlocks with 13oz in each front,Hitec 7955 steering servo and a Spektrum DX3 controller. Any body have any advice?
Looks like you're well on your way! Keep reading other builds of the top trucks and incorporate some of their tricks into your stuff. Once your rigs are sound, practice and dont radically change them! Make sure your Super is 16-18" wheelbase, and I'd recommend some new tires. (Moab XL's would be better)

Last edited by rbgerrish; 10-21-2010 at 08:53 AM.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:51 AM   #512
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RC4x4 View Post
I think i posted this in the wrong place the first time.
do i qualify? ive never been to a competition and i built my truck in my bedroom after school
Nice build, good to see the youngins hand-fabbing stuff!
Old 10-29-2010, 01:35 AM   #513
Pebble Pounder

Newbie checking in.

New to the crawling/scale scene but I've had clods and nitros before.

Just renewed my interest and just blown away with how things have changed.

Back then the only scale looking trucks were the tamiya bruiser.

Now after looking around, damn!! I'm hooked!

Just purchased 2 honchos, 3 ax10. All within a week and all used. Now I'm reading how to improve them and just drooling at the build pictures.

I really dont like posting much. I'm more of a lurker.

How do I access the classified section? I hate to have 30 post of just non sense.

thanks in advance.
tech126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:49 PM   #514
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbgerrish View Post
Decide whether you want to go "Scale" or "Comp" first, and we can advise from there!
Thanks...I think I would be more inclined to go comp but maybe with more of a scaler type body if that is possible. I am a Jeeper so a Jeep body would be cool. I haven't gotten as much reading done as I would like...school stuff getting in the way of life...lol.
Nubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:43 PM   #515
Rock Stacker

Newb checkin in lol Locked my rear steering, changed my pinion in my rear axle custom made a shock tower, bought some integy 129mm bent links and some cen 7.7 150mm nemesis big bore shocks off ebay for 16 bucks shipped, *out of breath* I am tired now lol
barshots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:58 PM   #516

Wow, what a great and worthy thread. Just finished reading everything up to here and am thirsty for more.

I just purchased a used EnRoute Berg 2.2 off Ebay. It comes as a completely custom built comp crawler with a mix of parts:

EnRoute Berg 2.2 Axles
EnRoute Berg 2.2 Bead Locking Wheels
Axial Frame
1 Spare Frame
2 Spare Servos
Extra Wheel Weights
2 sets of extra shocks
2 sets of Nimh batteries
1 brand new never used Lipo Pack
2 Used Bodies
1 Brand New never used un-painted clear Buggy body
Dig switch
Two matched Integy motors
Over Axle steering
Over Axle battery mount
Rooster Crawler ESC

The seller stated it was a "comp crawler that had won comps and is ready to keep winning comps" so my expectations are set

As you can see by the number of my posts, I am a total newbie to the rock crawler arena although I'm not new to the RC world ... have a couple 1/8 nitro truggies, a couple 1/10 electric short course trucks and a couple FE Hydroplanes.

The crawler seems to come with everything except a receiver and a transmitter. I'm hoping to use my SpektrumDx3S but will have to see about the dig thing. I have not received it yet but know I will have some questions when I get it so stay tuned and again ... wow, what a great thread. I hope someday in the not to distant future I will be able to help some newbie here.
Marshall_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:35 PM   #517

Its nice to see all the help on this site Im 45 and a newb and had this young dude(thanks jeepkid) helping me get into this sport. Hes going to be helping me build my new XR10 that I purchased in the for sale forum. Ive already learned alot from this forum, nice job everyone
diggerdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:29 AM   #518
Quarry Creeper

Out of all the forum boards I have ever been to, from games to real life cars, this is by far the best ever forum I have ever been on. The amount of info here is out ragious. I cant wait till I get my start. If any n00b needs help feel free to PM me I am more than willing to help out.
bent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:08 PM   #519
Rock Stacker

looking for some info on squat and anti squat link geometry. i just guess and run with it so if any one wants to adopt
bubbaskyjacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 09:04 PM   #520

Hello all sorry if this has been asked a million times but what is a Berg? I see this stated in many posts but wasnt sure if it was a brand like Losi or Axial.
hutcholdschool is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axial, berg, help noob, whats a dig?, whats clod stall?