Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Adopt a newbie todaayy!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2011, 02:37 PM   #601

my battery tray sits at normal height, so my cg is a little too high i guess. Also, the heft of the battery causes a little too much preload on the front shocks.
I was hoping to get a smaller lipo, but keep same performance.
Also, also, I'd like to add weight to the wheels instead up high like the battery.
Oh yeah, wanna add a winch too.
dmaxv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2011, 02:39 PM   #602
RCC Addict

if any newbs need any help PM me, im off of work for awhile so ive got nothing but time
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 04:22 PM   #603

Exclamation New to micro Rcrawling

^^^ Yes! Thank you. Adopt me.
drjav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:06 AM   #604
Rock Crawler

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlhog View Post
if any newbs need any help PM me, im off of work for awhile so ive got nothing but time

Thaks alot. I have a newbish question with my transmitter. I just bought a DX3c spectrum. Lets say I have 1 car on it all ready. And ready to add my crawler to this controller. Will I have to bind it each and every time I want to use the crawler?
17dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:45 PM   #605
Quarry Creeper

Help a bruva out then already. I'm new to the crawler scene and not sure how many comps I'll be entering in the near future but I'd like something to crawl around with and play in the mud. I've got a few nitros and have recently been intrigued by the electric side of the hobby. The main problem I have with my nitros is finding places to bash them, never a good combo of open space and hills to climb. I think I want something large like my Revos but I'm completely green when it comes to the crawlers. I plan to pick up a roller or just a chassis and build it from some of the valuable insight offered here at RCC! At this point I just need a good starting point so I may pick up a couple of affordable rollers just to give me an idea. Any suggestions on where to start?
Duxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:49 PM   #606

Default noob

Hey I am new to crawling..any Pointers. I have a ax10. Artr with a lrp speedometers 45turn motor.
ax10nob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:14 AM   #607
I joined the Band!

hello everyone
diane21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:37 PM   #608
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane21 View Post
hello everyone
Hi!
rbgerrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:39 PM   #609
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17dean View Post
Thaks alot. I have a newbish question with my transmitter. I just bought a DX3c spectrum. Lets say I have 1 car on it all ready. And ready to add my crawler to this controller. Will I have to bind it each and every time I want to use the crawler?
It has a 20 model memory, so all you have to do is choose a new model for your crawler, then bind it to your crawler. It'll remember that binding on that model memory!
Old 09-15-2011, 11:41 PM   #610
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duxx View Post
Help a bruva out then already. I'm new to the crawler scene and not sure how many comps I'll be entering in the near future but I'd like something to crawl around with and play in the mud. I've got a few nitros and have recently been intrigued by the electric side of the hobby. The main problem I have with my nitros is finding places to bash them, never a good combo of open space and hills to climb. I think I want something large like my Revos but I'm completely green when it comes to the crawlers. I plan to pick up a roller or just a chassis and build it from some of the valuable insight offered here at RCC! At this point I just need a good starting point so I may pick up a couple of affordable rollers just to give me an idea. Any suggestions on where to start?
Sounds like you may enjoy a Wraith. A little bigger and faster than most, and capable of being upgraded for serious fast crawling/bashing action. Also check out the Summit.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:44 PM   #611
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakineako View Post
Hello I want to get started, and I want to know what the top three kits you all would recommend. I have been looking at the Axial xr10 and the berg. also I have seen the enroute. Help!!!!
XR10, as they are the most complete out of the box, and the aftermarket is there for whatever you'd like to do to it! Enroute makes the berg- also popular but it needs a different chassis to be competitive..
Old 09-15-2011, 11:47 PM   #612
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxv View Post
I'm a newbie for sure. over 40, but not new to RC.
Got my Dingo, or as I'm now calling it "The Baby Eater" a couple months ago and I'm totally into it.
I've doen the aluminum links, new drive shafts and a few other hop ups, waterproofed with balloons, but stumped on a couple things.

So, if someone can spare some time for a computer guy that for some reason can't efficiently use the advanced search button, i would be grateful

First is trying to figure out what size lipo i should get? I have a huge forward mounted Nimh battery that i think is too big and heavy.
Which ESC (speed controller) does it have?

If it's the older AE-1, get a new ESC. If it's the new AE-2, your stoked, run a little 2s for good performance or a 3s for bit time zoom zoom. If you run a 3s on the AE-2 you must run a separate BEC. Castle makes the 10amp one you want...
Old 09-18-2011, 05:28 AM   #613
Rock Stacker

Default newbie but not

hello all im new to the forum as well as to rock crawling. I had r.c cars before some older ones like the predator and such but i just got back into it and i bought an Axial Wraith at the suggestion of some friends and decided to get on a forum to get ideas.
wraith_1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:19 PM   #614
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraith_1986 View Post
hello all im new to the forum as well as to rock crawling. I had r.c cars before some older ones like the predator and such but i just got back into it and i bought an Axial Wraith at the suggestion of some friends and decided to get on a forum to get ideas.
Welcome!
Old 09-26-2011, 01:46 AM   #615

Default Hafa Adai From Guam

Hafa adai,

Well first off let me just say thanks to everyone for this great forum, I came across it one night searching for one and after reading a few build stories I thought this is the site for me...well heres my story...one night I asked the wife if I could get an RC so stopped by the hobby shop and picked up a traxxas stampede (2wd) bought the battery acc. came home fired it up and ran it for a while. after looking online for hop-ups i couldn't stop thinking about the SCX-10 he had sitting on the shelf. so i looked it up and soon found myself wanting that even more. so after a lot of begging and groveling the wife finally said ok... the next day i went down and picked it up...YESSSS!!! came home and couldn't stop admiring this beautiful thing...so now since i've seen all that can be down with it, I want the best in my truck and i've already experienced problems with the plastic parts so i know i want something different...just with all the terms and parts its hard to know what i want some pointers will be greatly appreciated...thanks again guys
jonjoleen0908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:54 AM   #616
FHM

Default Another Newbie

Hello everyone. I have been interested in RC rock crawling for a long time. I don't own a RC rock crawler as of yet. Could this community help me to get start in RC rock crawling? Like, what is the best crawler, best electronics and so on. I live in Phoenix, so hot temps are the norm. I would appreciate a little advice from the experts. FHM
FHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 12:45 PM   #617
Holmes Hobbies

We can but you need to give us more info. Comp or Scaler, Budget, and do you have any experience with RC's? Do you have any electronics or parts?
CD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:01 AM   #618
FHM

I have absolutely no experience with RC's. I have no parts or electronics. I am not interested in competition, as of yet. So, I guess a scaler is what I need. Budget is not a problem. I just need to know how to get started, with a beginner rock crawler to get my feet wet. One where I can learn and advance from there. In real life, I do a lot of 4x4ing with an 1980 CJ 5. Thx, FHM
FHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:10 AM   #619

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHM View Post
I have absolutely no experience with RC's. I have no parts or electronics. I am not interested in competition, as of yet. So, I guess a scaler is what I need. Budget is not a problem. I just need to know how to get started, with a beginner rock crawler to get my feet wet. One where I can learn and advance from there. In real life, I do a lot of 4x4ing with an 1980 CJ 5. Thx, FHM

I think that the best thing you can do is find a local hobby shop and head up there.
I have been to a bunch of different shops and they all seemed to be pretty well staffed with people that can answer an assortment of questions.
Then check the thread on here pertaining to Arizona and see if there are any scale gatherings that you could check out. Those guys would be a wealth of knowledge.
Mr.Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:26 AM   #620
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHM View Post
Pick up a SCX10 Honcho or Dingo, a couple batteries and a nice charger that is Lipo compatible. You'll love it!

Tags
axial, berg, help noob, whats a dig?, whats clod stall?