Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Adopt a newbie todaayy!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2012, 12:14 AM   #681

Default Re: Adopt a newbie todaayy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbgerrish View Post
Good to have you here! Have fun building!
Thanks RB, good to be here. I have been reading all the post I can find and I must say that this forum is one of the best I have seen. There is sooooo much info here it is awesome but also overwhelming. I have decided on a crawler, well 2, and I will start building as soon as I decide. Thanks again for all the great ideas on crawling RCs this site has to offer.
HollywoodRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2012, 02:02 PM   #682

Default Someone please adopt mee

I am ready to be adopted beacause i am a total noob and i want to buy i crawler, but i don't know what type or model to buy and i was thinking about an axial xr10 or a gmade r1 but i don't know what else i need to get the crawler up and running or what is suitable for me considering the fact that it will be my first RC.
Also if someone can recomend the model i would kindly ask you to tell me what other things would be appropriate for a noob (motor, servo, radio transmiter, receiver, etc)
Pekemonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:12 PM   #683
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Someone please adopt mee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekemonu View Post
I am ready to be adopted beacause i am a total noob and i want to buy i crawler, but i don't know what type or model to buy and i was thinking about an axial xr10 or a gmade r1 but i don't know what else i need to get the crawler up and running or what is suitable for me considering the fact that it will be my first RC.
Also if someone can recomend the model i would kindly ask you to tell me what other things would be appropriate for a noob (motor, servo, radio transmiter, receiver, etc)
Feel free to PM me...I will do my best to help you!
chicklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:14 PM   #684

How do i send you a pm?
Pekemonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:20 PM   #685
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekemonu View Post
How do i send you a pm?
click on my name and then select send a private message. You can type and send a message just like a regular post.
chicklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:38 PM   #686

Looking to build a rig, what axial axles would be good to use?
MightyMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:02 PM   #687
RCC Addict

Location: somewhere near Los Angeles...or a city looking thingy.

Ax10/scx10 axles are a good axle with a lot of aftermarket support. Same thing with the wraith axles. Both very good and extremely popular choices. Unless you're building a pro comp rig, then it's either berg or xr10 axles.
OTHGbronco82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:16 PM   #688

so if you had to pick out of them which would you choose? Ive been looking at the wraith axles and they seem a little wider.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:23 PM   #689
RCC Addict

They are a little wider. What are doing or trying to achieve?
Old 10-03-2012, 09:41 PM   #690

probably for a mess around rig but still go to some comps maybe. not too serious into the comp until I get use to everything and more serious.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:11 PM   #691
RCC Addict

For comps either would do. Just depends on your budget. There are a lot of ax10 comp rig builds and there are a couple wraith axled comp rig builds. Or, if you have a somewhat deep wallet, you could go xr10 which is a motor on axle rig and not a shaft driven rig. The xr10 can get expensive(hop ups and such) and kits start at a cheap $140 from ckrc crawlers. I have some ax10 axles with aluminum c's, knuckles, and rear lockouts. The only other mod is marine grease and they haven't broken yet. I'm not that hard on my rig though. They are all good, just pick one and read a lot on the xr10, wraith and ax10/ascx10 forums. Read, read, read, and then read some more. I can't think right now so I'm going to stop typing.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:43 AM   #692

Thanks for your input, I think im leaning into the ax10 axles since thats what I use to have and they never gave me any troubles and seemed to perform pretty good.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:12 PM   #693
RCC Addict

Good choice.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:19 PM   #694

Im buying a custom crawler that is a "custom tube chasis" crawler with axial parts. what should i look for to see if it is actually a good crawler. (other than electronics of corse). also, what questions should i ask to make sure its a quality item?
toesonthenose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:21 PM   #695

ALSO! where can i find a group to crawl with or some people to watch and learn from?
toesonthenose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:08 AM   #696
Quarry Creeper

Sounds like a scale crawler? In which case its more about making you happy with its handling.....Give it a test drive.
Whiplashdjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:34 AM   #697

Quote:
Originally Posted by toesonthenose View Post
ALSO! where can i find a group to crawl with or some people to watch and learn from?
Check through or post up here and it should be a good place to start

West - California at RCCrawler.com

THX_138 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:10 PM   #698

Hey what's up guys, I've been into RC for years, but I know nothing about crawlers. So I'll be poking around these parts trying to learn what I can.

So far I'm most interested in scale crawlers, which led me to getting a Dingo. I still need to purchase electrics for and could use a little advice on that and on some minor upgrades that I plan to make soon.

One quick question, why do most run brushed and not brushless? Cogging? Torque? Or $$?

I have a ton of brushed stuff laying around, but unfortunately, it was all for racing so non reversing ESC's and i mostly have 27t, 19t, and few mods. So I'll have buy regardless.

Last edited by Sluggo; 12-01-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Sluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:07 PM   #699

Is there a secret reason my post count hasn't changed regardless of the amount of posts made..
iPhone pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:44 PM   #700
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sluggo View Post
Hey what's up guys, I've been into RC for years, but I know nothing about crawlers. So I'll be poking around these parts trying to learn what I can.

So far I'm most interested in scale crawlers, which led me to getting a Dingo. I still need to purchase electrics for and could use a little advice on that and on some minor upgrades that I plan to make soon.

One quick question, why do most run brushed and not brushless? Cogging? Torque? Or $$?

I have a ton of brushed stuff laying around, but unfortunately, it was all for racing so non reversing ESC's and i mostly have 27t, 19t, and few mods. So I'll have buy regardless.
Brushed motors are a little more cost effective and they will always hve awesome torque, plus they are alot more watter friendly that brushless motors which means you can do water crossings. I would suggest an integy 35T lathe motor, one of the few things integy got right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhone pirate View Post
Is there a secret reason my post count hasn't changed regardless of the amount of posts made..
It might be that you are posting in one of the sections that doesn't affect post count like the chit chat section, or you could be "post whoring." Not saying that you are, but the mods might see it differently. Go through and read the forum rules, it might help.

Tags
axial, berg, help noob, whats a dig?, whats clod stall?