Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Adopt a newbie todaayy!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2014, 09:30 PM   #761

Default Re: Adopt a newbie todaayy!!!

Cheers HPI Killer

looks like i need to work out what i will be needing channels 3 and 4 for. to many things to choose from.
Jono.Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2014, 06:39 PM   #762
I wanna be Dave

Maybe be rc can have a battery charging seminar. Seems about 95% of members here haven't a clue.

What is 2c charge rate on a 4000 mah battery.
evan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:30 AM   #763

well this newbe will take a guess
charge at 4000maps

An no i have neave used lipos but i will be wonting to soon once i have the build completed.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:47 AM   #764
RCC Addict

Here's the easy way to find your battery's carte and discharge rate just multiply the number from the C rating by the pack's capacity. Keep in mind that 1000 milliamps equals one amp. Here's an example, using an 11.1V 2000mAh 10C

11.1 volt 2000mAh -10C
2000 milliamps = 2 amps
2 Amps x 10 = 20 amps continuous discharge

So for the 2 c charge on 4000 mah you speak of..... 4amps x 2 - 8amp charge. Personally I charge 2 c @ 2 amps...... Batteries seem to last a lot longer that way just running the c rating = charging amps.
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:32 AM   #765
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arxangel View Post
Hi guys, I am new to this forum, but I've had a Tamiya F-350 for a number of years now. It hasn't seen much action, but it does get used from time to time. The model has always been a little noisy, but I haven't serviced it since it was built.

So, my question is this: what is the maintenance routine for these machines? Do I have to add some grease/oil to the gearbox, diffs, etc? How do I fix a noisy model?

Thanks in advance.
If you have the manual, it covers the lubrication required when building. If you dont, you can download it from Tamiya's website. It's a complicated truck, and will be fairly noisy compared to, say, an SCX10. There is usually grease on the gears in the tranny, as well as the ring and pinion. Make sure the drivetrain spins smoothly with no motor mated. Check your bearings too. Hard to know how noisy yours is without hearing it- your idea of noisy may be normal to others!

Have fun,
rYan
rbgerrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:34 AM   #766
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaot View Post
Greetings,

well, I'm like Shrödinger's Cat, both newb and experienced at the same time. More than 2 years with RC helis and recently RC truck - Traxxas Slash 4x4.

But I feel I'm missing one more truck - a crawler. And I want to build one by myself. Therefore I have tonns of questions about axles, transmissions, wheels, motors, etc.

I lack basic knowledge about crawler terms (reading and research doesn't bring straight answers) so I'm looking for some kind and patient soul that would guide me through, answer silly and weird questions and finally help in getting proper parts for my future rig.

If anyone is interested in bringing another innocent into the Dark Side of RC (as I was already told ), fell free to send a PM.

Cheers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by idaho View Post
Someone adopt me! I'm not new to Rc but I was a nitro only guy, always thought crawlers and scalers were cool but they are all electric now a days and making a nitro crawler would be a pain. But I ended up with a chance to pick up a custom built rock buggy and I'm hooked now.
I always happy to help with any questions. Feel free to PM me. That goes for any newbie!
rbgerrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:40 PM   #767
Pebble Pounder

Does Colby still follow this thread ?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
12stepRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:15 PM   #768

I'M A NOOB AND COULD USE SOME ADVICE
crawlernoobie209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:39 PM   #769
Pebble Pounder

I might know, what's your question
12stepRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:25 PM   #770
Pebble Pounder

I'm not an expert but might can help out if needed.

KCCO
DTB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 01:39 PM   #771

Can some one help me i have a hpi crawler king and one of the gears in the tranny lost its teeth and i need a website to sell me both bearings and gears for it please help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kyle5123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 03:31 AM   #772

Curious if a exceed mad torque can become competition qualified? Just picked it up from a friend for cheap. Has dual steer already on it but unsure if I like how it was set up so might be changing that. I'm looking to see what it would take to be able to do some competing for fun and what I will have to do so I can. I own a toyota wheeler and can build that all day but idk anything much about rc world.

Thank you
jstewart5489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 04:51 AM   #773
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstewart5489 View Post
Curious if a exceed mad torque can become competition qualified? Just picked it up from a friend for cheap. Has dual steer already on it but unsure if I like how it was set up so might be changing that. I'm looking to see what it would take to be able to do some competing for fun and what I will have to do so I can. I own a toyota wheeler and can build that all day but idk anything much about rc world.

Thank you
Qualified...yes. Just make it fall in line with the regs for the class it will be in. Competitive or reliable or durable enough to complete? Probably not. There is no aftermarket support for the brand. No cool hop up parts. It's like the RedCat in that regard. You can have fun with it...but you can't make it into a comp crawler really.
MountainStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 09:55 PM   #774
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstewart5489 View Post

Thank you
A lot of the steering upgrade parts for Axial will fit the Mad Torque with little or no modification. Better TVP (twin vertical plate) are easy to find. Better servos and tires can be bought and bolted on or you can cut&shut your own to your liking. Better motors and ESC's are a straight swap out. Links are easy to make or can be bought. The MT comes with steel gears already which is a plus.

So yes they can be made competitive with a little time, effort and cash. If you enjoy working on your crawler and want to have something that is unique then by all means go for it. There are plenty of MT builds on here to get ideas from.

Have fun.
cameron20118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:23 PM   #775

Hey guys. I've searched and come up entry handed. Or the instructions I've seen are too complicated for me

I have an axial wraith
Nimh 5000 battery
Hitec HS-7950TH
Axial 27t motor

Have a castle creations bec

And wth does a bec do?!
Spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:33 PM   #776
Pebble Pounder

Regulates the voltage your ESC and servo receive. There are several threads explaining how they work and installation instructions. Try YouTube for a first hand account of what's required.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
CapnSwagga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 02:31 AM   #777

This newbe has another question.

is there a easy way to shorten my wheel base length on a SXC10 i am trying to get my land cruiser 80 body to line up.

will shorter suspension arms help. i need to loose about 30mm.

Last edited by Jono.Welsh; 09-26-2014 at 01:41 AM.
Old 09-27-2014, 09:53 PM   #778
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono.Welsh View Post
This newbe has another question.

is there a easy way to shorten my wheel base length on a SXC10 i am trying to get my land cruiser 80 body to line up.

will shorter suspension arms help. i need to loose about 30mm.

Yes shortening the links will do what you are looking for. If you shorten it too much you may have to shorten your driveshafts.
DTB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 10:43 AM   #779
Rock Stacker

Newbie with question and preceding statement. I want to build my own bent links for a 1/10, just to do it. I've read a few threads all with different materials used and ends and covers for all thread.

I'd like someone to just tell me what thickness threaded rod is appropriate for my 1/10 crawler application (e.g. 8/32) that will be very durable, and then what material to sleeve over it with a tight fit, to protect it and slide a bit. Also, the rod ends I'll need. Too many variables!
Snarf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 10:10 PM   #780
RCC Addict

8/32" all thread and iirc 1/4 steel brake line from your local auto parts store. Then finish them up with some revo or jato rod ends. The jatos will hold up fine as long as the threaded rod is threaded all the way in.

Last edited by Beest; 10-19-2014 at 10:28 PM.
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axial, berg, help noob, whats a dig?, whats clod stall?