Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Adopt a newbie todaayy!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2015, 06:36 PM   #801

Default Re: Adopt a newbie todaayy!!!

So I was looking through the internet today and found a website with incredibly low prices on everything, such as a currie rock jock aluminum axle housing for $54. This website is called AmainHPI.com andi was wondering if it was too good to be true? has anyone dealt with them? is it a scam?
wordword is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2015, 06:47 PM   #802
I wanna be Dave

It's a scam. Avoid.
rbgerrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 07:41 PM   #803
Rock Crawler

To start with, I know VERY little about crawlers. Now that, that's out of the way. I bought an Everest 10 two weeks ago and I've started building a new chassis in an effort to calm the torque twist. This brings me to my question. What's an acceptable weight for a 2.2 scale crawler? I want to improve the suspension and drive line angles, but not create a worthless lead sled in the process.
Jeepiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 06:50 PM   #804
RCC Addict

Maybe 5-8 lbs depending on your goals?
StomperCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 07:16 PM   #805
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by StomperCrawler View Post
Maybe 5-8 lbs depending on your goals?
Thanks for the info. I done chucked the chassis I was working on. It was turning out pretty good, but the weight was really getting up there.
Think a store bought chassis will have to do till I become a better small scale fabricator.
Jeepiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 11:38 PM   #806

So I bought a wheely King and made it into a Crawler King. Love it btw, bought a deadbolt right after, first crawlers for me. So my issue is, I bought a junk Hobby King ESC for $16 that burned while using my savox servo, 0251. Then I stopped being cheap and bought an SV3 and switched servo to tower pro 995 since I thought servo was toast. So, sv3 just went out also and shipped it back to CC. They are sending me a replacement. (Great customer service!)

Before I toast anything else, do I need a BEC, will that cure the ESC problems? I want to get this straight before reinstalling ESC again. Help!

Setup: Stock HPI gearing, 55t hpi brushed motor, sv3, and tower pro 995
GMCSierra2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 06:27 PM   #807
I joined the Band!

Thanks for your help
dikun19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 01:43 PM   #808

Where is the best place for me to find a Berg Chassis with axles? Everywhere i have looked says backorder our out of stock. And i would love advice on building one.
gixxer925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 08:27 PM   #809
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer925 View Post
Where is the best place for me to find a Berg Chassis with axles? Everywhere i have looked says backorder our out of stock. And i would love advice on building one.
Look for dlux in the vendor section. He has quite a few options for building berg based axles. And there are numerous chassis options out there.
Crawlin' Lobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 12:30 PM   #810

Iv'e looked through his stuff and really like alot of it but im really interested in this. Combo Deal : Enroute Berg 2.2 Tracer V3 Complete Kit
gixxer925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 06:09 PM   #811

hi all I'm Dave from NZ. I've owned a scx10 before but a complete newbie to comp crawling. Ive just started a build with the RCBROS MOA EXECUTIONER V2 chassis, looking at getting bully2 axles for the build. my question is what type of links and suspension is out there for my build?

Any info much appreciated

Thanks heaps
the_732 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 11:21 PM   #812

Hey, I am wanting to get into RC crawling since its entirely too expensive to tear up my 07 JKU so i figured maybe i'll have some fun with an RC.. I would love to have a mentor for what its worth.
Right now my eyes are set on a wraith but thats also why i've come to the forums. I'd love some input.
For now, i'm in Montana and we have tons of rocks everywhere, i crawl IRL and i intend to crawl with an RC.
To my understanding, the wraith is a newer model which mixes crawling with speed? I would never crawl fast, but ive got land some making somewhat of a little track to race around would be cool to. Please let me know any thoughts. I'd appreciate the advice. I will be buying something probably wed, 4 days from now.
grizzlyatoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 08:52 AM   #813

I'm a noob too, so I won't be much of a mentor. But if your looking for the best of both worlds, the wraith is definitely the way to go.
MacCrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 02:40 AM   #814
waw
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlyatoms View Post
Hey, I am wanting to get into RC crawling since its entirely too expensive to tear up my 07 JKU so i figured maybe i'll have some fun with an RC.. I would love to have a mentor for what its worth.
Right now my eyes are set on a wraith but thats also why i've come to the forums. I'd love some input.
For now, i'm in Montana and we have tons of rocks everywhere, i crawl IRL and i intend to crawl with an RC.
To my understanding, the wraith is a newer model which mixes crawling with speed? I would never crawl fast, but ive got land some making somewhat of a little track to race around would be cool to. Please let me know any thoughts. I'd appreciate the advice. I will be buying something probably wed, 4 days from now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacCrawl View Post
I'm a noob too, so I won't be much of a mentor. But if your looking for the best of both worlds, the wraith is definitely the way to go.
if you're not going too fast while crawling, then I would suggest looking into Axial SCX10 or a RC4WD Trail Finder2.. the latter is a scaler
waw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 05:53 PM   #815

Quote:
if you're not going too fast while crawling, then I would suggest looking into Axial SCX10 or a RC4WD Trail Finder2.. the latter is a scaler
Both of those trucks are considered scalers. The Trail Finder2 is considered to be more accurate (leaf springs vs 3-link front and 4-link rear on the SCX10), but both are indeed scalers and legal for scaler comps.
Reejerey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 09:22 AM   #816

I have to say this is a great thread, cheers to all ! especially u Colby for starting it. just been reading along learning tons. you guys are a plethora of information. seeing questions I would ask but to embarrassed to seem foolish.

I own a wraith racer and just want your honest opinion of it.

Last edited by Dirt Diggler; 06-25-2015 at 09:24 AM.
Dirt Diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 08:51 PM   #817
Quarry Creeper

awsome site thanks for all the info. i am also a noob i bought a g made r1 used the other day and same afternoon followed with a scx10 deadbolt now i am looking at the old inter web and seeing super juice crawlers that look awsome.... but no where to buy one? a bit scared and impatient to build but its a possibility . def looking for a mentor and all the advice i can get. $$$ not a big equation within reason..... i just dont know what that reason is
jamesthe1v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 09:12 PM   #818
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesthe1v View Post
awsome site thanks for all the info. i am also a noob i bought a g made r1 used the other day and same afternoon followed with a scx10 deadbolt now i am looking at the old inter web and seeing super juice crawlers that look awsome.... but no where to buy one? a bit scared and impatient to build but its a possibility . def looking for a mentor and all the advice i can get. $$$ not a big equation within reason..... i just dont know what that reason is
are you from Canton GA? if so i'll adopt you! im from Gainesville GA and have been into RC for over 10 years. if you want PM me your contact info and we can talk.

as for the super juice its a older MOA rig meaning it has a motor mounted on each axle so you dont have to have drive shafts. i dont believe that chassis is made anymore
winner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 09:32 PM   #819
Quarry Creeper

canton , ohio thanks for info and any info on comp crawler would be appreciated
jamesthe1v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 02:14 PM   #820

I have an SCX10 which I'm in love with, but I think crawling would be sweet to get into. The only problem is, I don't know of any comps around me, I spend all my money on the SCX10, and I don't have my licence yet. Is it worth the investment?
Derekuda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axial, berg, help noob, whats a dig?, whats clod stall?