Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Adopt a newbie todaayy!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2015, 01:35 PM   #821
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Adopt a newbie todaayy!!!

hows come the wheelz keep fallin off my wraith when i hit treez?
68_f100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2015, 02:40 PM   #822

I just got an RS10 this week. It is my first RC car. Maybe I am a newbie berg. I would like for someont to help me to become a national competition winner by the first of the year, or at least by February. Sme might say that my aspirations are too high. What the heck, shoot for the moon and maybe I can hit a really high traction rock. Anyway I am adoptable and living in Mountain Home, AR.
RS10XT david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 08:37 PM   #823

I'm a noob to mounting tires. I've only just run stock rigs and had a blast. Now I'm trying to mount RC4WD dirt grabbers to stamped wagon wheels and having a bit of trouble. Any tips or tricks? Right now they wobble and are not evenly seated no matter what I do.....anyone?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
eMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 08:51 PM   #824
I wanna be Dave

I personally don't have RC4WD wheels, but I can point you in the right direction to find your answer, because I've read some build threads where other builders have used them, and had mounting issues. So in looking for an answer to your problem, I did a search for "how to mount tires to RC4WD wagon wheels" and found several threads on how to do it, it's just a matter of what works for you.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 11:16 AM   #825
Quarry Creeper

i just had the same fun ended up trimming the foams to make it a little easier
ossipeecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 08:58 AM   #826

Hello all guys...

I'm completly noob...

My father and me have bought a couple of Axial Wraith Spawn RTR. It' our first RC car, first at all...

I just want to ask... What should we must note before go running the RCCar? We've purchased a LiPo Battery and a charger too... So I guess the pack will be really RTR...

I'm afraid about things like... how to pair the radio... how to manage the ESC...

After that, we will practice with it to get some drivin' skills... I'm sure we will need it a lot!

Cheers from Spain!!
SpaniardCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 01:59 PM   #827

I could really use some help with a scx10 build
rebel_crawler200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 02:58 PM   #828
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaniardCrawler View Post
Hello all guys...

I'm completly noob...

My father and me have bought a couple of Axial Wraith Spawn RTR. It' our first RC car, first at all...

I just want to ask... What should we must note before go running the RCCar? We've purchased a LiPo Battery and a charger too... So I guess the pack will be really RTR...

I'm afraid about things like... how to pair the radio... how to manage the ESC...

After that, we will practice with it to get some drivin' skills... I'm sure we will need it a lot!

Cheers from Spain!!
A couple cool threads to check out

Wraith Beginners Guide

A Guide to Understanding LiPo Batteries - Roger's Hobby Center - Radio Control (R/C or RC) Cars, Boats, Airplanes, Puzzles, Plastic Models, & Trains - Saginaw, MI

The radio should be bond to the rx. and there will be instructions for the esc. I'm almost positive it comes with an ae-5 and there is only two jumpers to program.
blarouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 02:59 PM   #829
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel_crawler200 View Post
I could really use some help with a scx10 build

Do you have any specific questions you can send me a PM, or check out the scx10 section. I have found so much information in that section especially with the search option.
blarouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 08:21 PM   #830

Well I guess I'll introduce myself, I'm a noob to the site, been into RC for years and years tho. I've had weed whacker motor boats, 60mph brushless outriggers, a nitro RC10gt, that i then converted to brushless, rc sailboats, and i still have my 6ft wingspan rubberband launched glider.

I just got my YETI for christmas of 2015, KIT version. Got it all put together, and then started adding parts. So far I've changed out the servo saver, stering rack, front turnbuckles, gone all aluminum gearboxes, 2spd tranny, aluminum motor mount and gear covers, went with 43t/13t heavy duty bevel gears front and rear, 68t metal spur gear and swapped to all blue (super stiff) springs. Next on my list to upgrade is the motor and esc. I used one i had from another project and 4000kv and unsensored is not giving me the control i want I knew it when i did it, but it was one part i could skip and get the truck up and running.

I'm totaly into tech crawling, super slow, super controlled. i'm not going to competitions, or any of that, i just want a rig i can play in my yard, or throw in my work truck and play at lunch on the construction site.
My yeti is turning out to be the rc vehicle i've been looking for all my life... a few more parts, (i'm eyeballing a currie rear end) and a few more pretty parts, and i think i'll have it.
project5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 08:30 AM   #831

I bought my first RC basically blind, a Yeti Rock Racer. After playing with it and locating rccrawler.com to educate myself I soon realized what I could turn a yeti into. So I decided to go all in. Simply looking for someone I can turn to when I have questions or run into trouble. Im starting at the rear end and working my way to the front with upgrades. which leads me to my first question.. outside of the rear drive shaft needing to be turned around does the rest of it look assembled correctly? Just wanting to make sure before I tighten everything down.. Adopt me
Attached Images

benjacket23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 07:16 PM   #832
Pebble Pounder

.l am just in the middle of my first Yeti build and think your heading for a great build. You can spend a bunch of cash on these guys. Mine is kind of a experimental build . Stock and upgraded.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Bluerock108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 11:16 PM   #833
Rock Stacker

HI. Imma noob. Adopt me
mooman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 12:17 PM   #834

I need help adopt me haha

Just signed up and looking to build my first Crawler after deciding between ax10 the berge seems the better option.

So far i just seem so lost no idea what direction to go in who or where to get my bits or even what i need, help anyone please ?
GsxrAdz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 01:12 AM   #835

So, I'm a newb and wants to be adopted too. Brand new to the hobby, I've started browsing the interwebs this past week. First got the interest from watching a buddy doing rock crawling. My main focus right now is setting up an ARTR buggy because current location is a desert area void of the crawling mountainous rocks and trails that I have seen in Colorado.
Nick01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 08:39 PM   #836

Hi noob here, I have had a revo 3.3 for 5 years now and want to build a crawler I found the xr10 kit and thought it would be perfect only to find they do not make them anymore. So my question is what would be the next best setup I'm looking at a mad torque possibly and modify it to a superclass but I'd rather find something closereally to the xr. Thank you
Squirlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 05:35 PM   #837

Newbie to Crawling, but not to RC.

Been running Short Course and Buggies for a while and when the local track converted to carpet...... ehh, I kinda lost the spark. It's just not offroad at that point. It's On Road with jumps.

So I sold them and went real off roading.

I picked up a used (basically stock) SCX10. I have already picked up an LVIssued Hybrid Chassis, 100mm King shocks, and a 35T Axial Motor. So far I have been pretty happy with the basic operations.

But I noticed a "baseball card in the spokes" sound and a friend tells me the trans gears are probably borked.

So I picked up an Alientac Alloy transmission with steel gears, MIP steel driveshafts, and Alloy links. Does this sound like a pretty stout rig? And is there anything else I should look at upgrading?
Fixmy59bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 11:26 AM   #838

I am truly a NooB,

I used to play with those cheap RC cars from Big box stores when i was a kid,, the older kid next store had a fully custom RC monster truck with a gravedigger body. I'm talking about RC world of the 90s. I loved it.

Life took over., fast forward 25 years, and my buddy bought a Wraith RTR. So i am starting from Scratch with a Bomber KIT,

Maybe i could slide under a Veterans wing, and give me some recommendations. As i said i am buying a kit, and have NO electronics. I thought about a RTR but just could not do it,!

anyways,, I'll be asking lots of questions!

Later.!
diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 10:43 AM   #839

This has been a very helpful thread. Wondering what happened to Colby
Mike AA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 03:09 AM   #840

I have a little/basic experience with RC cars, but not crawlers.
I have recently purchased the rocksta kit and I would like to mod it to have steering and front/rear drive just like in thos video here: Dravpnir tries to build something micro, again... I also got the rocksta stock motors and GT3C radio (not hacked yet)

Soooo, I'm asking for adoption
kstano83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axial, berg, help noob, whats a dig?, whats clod stall?