LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2009, 06:45 PM   #121
WOOPOOW!!

Thanks for helpin out while I was away fellas
Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2009, 08:40 PM   #122
Rock Crawler

Thanks for the info, best explanation I've found yet. I know it can be done with a 4pk because I've seen it. I have a M 11 and now in the stage of trying to use the mixing to get them to work. It seems it is very easy to mix the BRAKE (reverse for crawlers) profiles but can't get forward to mix. I'm thinking of going to sticks like a DX6i anyone dual motor with one of thers as the 4PK is about what I paid for the crawler!
picklewagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 09:06 PM   #123
WOOPOOW!!

TLTryan and Fishmaxx both run the Nomadio React for there dual ESC's and they work great for them. I have one, but havent gotten to use it yet with my single esc with the punk RC dig
Old 07-19-2009, 10:07 PM   #124
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklewagon View Post
Thanks for the info, best explanation I've found yet. I know it can be done with a 4pk because I've seen it. I have a M 11 and now in the stage of trying to use the mixing to get them to work. It seems it is very easy to mix the BRAKE (reverse for crawlers) profiles but can't get forward to mix. I'm thinking of going to sticks like a DX6i anyone dual motor with one of thers as the 4PK is about what I paid for the crawler!
If Im not mistaken, the M11 is like my 3pk, to have a true rear dig you have to do something with the steering, not exactly sure as I am still figuring it out.
axman2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 03:53 AM   #125
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman2010 View Post
If Im not mistaken, the M11 is like my 3pk, to have a true rear dig you have to do something with the steering, not exactly sure as I am still figuring it out.
What do you mean do something with the steering?? This may be a newbie question but can you mix throttle imputs while you drive with a DX6i?? I guess what I'm getting at is when I test drove this thing with 2 esc's and my friends 4pk, it just seemed that the dig profile he built was on or off front and rear. It would be great to have that option AND modulate how much dig is put to front and rear ecs's. I could full lock the rear to wrap a 180 blipping then crest a vertical climb give 100 percent to the front and a 30 to the rear on the fly!?! Is this capable with DX6i?
Old 07-20-2009, 09:52 PM   #126
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I could full lock the rear to wrap a 180 blipping then crest a vertical climb give 100 percent to the front and a 30 to the rear on the fly!?! Is this capable with DX6i?
I don't yet have my rig, but from the research I have done into various radios. That should be possible. You can set it up however you want, but for example:

Left Stick

Up/Down Front Throttle

Right Stick

Up/Down Rear Throttle
Left/Right Steer

If you ever wanted 4ws you could do front steer on left stick and rear steer on right stick. With the above setup you control the movement of the stick and thus the "on the fly" throttle for each axle. Now you wouldn't be able to provide a switch type control with differnent increments of rear throttle, like on the 4pk, but instead with however much pressure you put on the stick. You would also be able to set up a mix that would put controls as "normal" with front and rear throttle equal (4wd) on the left stick and steer on the right. Then with a flip of a switch you have full independent control. Assuming you have dual esc's of course.

At least that is my understanding of it anyway.

Last edited by mhuffman_81; 07-20-2009 at 10:02 PM.
mhuffman_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:57 PM   #127
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
What do you mean do something with the steering??
There is a way to set up the radio to give you rear dig, by mixing your steering with you rear axle throttle. Go to this link and watch the video Harley explains how to do it on a 4pk with only 3 channels or a 3pk.
4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help

This link is to the entire review of the 4pk...good info here.
4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help
mhuffman_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:33 PM   #128
Rock Crawler

Badass. totally badass. Thanks everyone!!
Old 07-20-2009, 11:57 PM   #129
RCC Addict

Keep it going guys. Learning a lot from this on-going threaad.
Da Hermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:06 AM   #130
WOOPOOW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Hermit View Post
Keep it going guys. Learning a lot from this on-going threaad.
Glad It made an impact, that was my hole plan
Old 07-21-2009, 12:13 AM   #131
RCC Addict

right on. It was a hard lost for me at our last season's points battle. This thread will help me a lot for this up-coming season.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:35 AM   #132
WOOPOOW!!

Well, Good thing I had it stickied, so just incase it dies you wont have to sift through tons of newb threads
Old 07-21-2009, 01:00 AM   #133
RCC Addict

Yeah, I noticed that. Great work. Thanks.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:00 PM   #134
Rock Crawler

I race a lot of rc and know that spares are worth their weight in gold...or at least beers when your buddy breaks something. Any comp guys want to make a list of your "take it with you" parts stash??? The other question is at a comp, how to you charge your batteries hiking around in the rocks all day??
Old 07-22-2009, 11:04 PM   #135
WOOPOOW!!

Quote:
I race a lot of rc and know that spares are worth their weight in gold...or at least beers when your buddy breaks something. Any comp guys want to make a list of your "take it with you" parts stash??? The other question is at a comp, how to you charge your batteries hiking around in the rocks all day??
1. Tools!
-Always bring what you would normally need to work on your rig
2. Hardware!
-Always bring spare rod ends, bolts, nuts, wire, connectors,
3. Replacement parts!
-Its always a good idea to bring extra knuckles, axle C's, drive shafts, yolks, spur gears, motors, stuff you can potentially smoke at a comp.
4. A spair battery just incase yours dumps on you in the middle of a run.

Now with charging, most comp sites you drive right up too (atleast the planner tries to find a place like that) and you can charge from your car battery, or auxilery (sp?) port in your car/truck
Old 07-22-2009, 11:24 PM   #136
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColbyTheKid View Post
1. Tools!
2. Hardware!
3. Replacement parts!
-Its always a good idea to bring extra knuckles, axle C's, drive shafts, yolks, spur gears, motors, stuff you can potentially smoke at a comp.

Now with charging, most comp sites you drive right up too (atleast the planner tries to find a place like that) and you can charge from your car battery, or auxilery (sp?) port in your car/truck
Cool, thanks! Saw some comp pics and they look like they are out in the boonies sometimes. Great camera angles I guess! Someone should drive a mobile, walk in, 1:1 unimog based hobby shop to the comps if they aren't in/around a hobby shop!
Old 07-22-2009, 11:28 PM   #137
WOOPOOW!!

Quote:
Cool, thanks! Saw some comp pics and they look like they are out in the boonies sometimes. Great camera angles I guess! Someone should drive a mobile, walk in, 1:1 unimog based hobby shop to the comps if they aren't in/around a hobby shop!
Well, JasonInAugusta has a real big goosekneck enclosed trailer he brings to some of the GTG's and what not. He came to a christmass comp we had and brought it, it was nice!
Old 07-23-2009, 10:49 PM   #138
Rock Crawler

Where do you berg-ers but spares from? Anyone in the forum to support? What about axial axles for spares, do they bolt right up? Part #??
Old 07-23-2009, 11:14 PM   #139
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColbyTheKid View Post
1. Tools!
2. Hardware!
3. Replacement parts!

x2

One more suggestion...if you have comp or bash sites that you have to hike into, invest in a nice backpack with multiple pockets to haul your gear in.

I use an Element skate pack with board straps, and I cinch my 2.2 down with the straps after I load up the pack with all the essentials for a day of crawling.

Outdoor outfitters like EMS have some nice packs as well, but the skate packs tend to be a bit less expensive.

Last edited by CreepyCrawl; 07-23-2009 at 11:19 PM.
CreepyCrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:26 AM   #140
Rock Crawler

good call, creepy avatar guy, luckily I race alot of dirtbikes and have a mess of different size camelbacks from itty bitty to giant. I'll designate the big one!!

Tags
axial, berg, help noob, whats a dig?, whats clod stall?