Notices

Thread: Read Me First Or Die A Painful Death

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2005, 05:51 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjnation
What about making a sticky about questions that get asked alot...like, frequently??? What if its called frequently asked questions. That way there could be a question about what the best tire for my application is and the answer can be "whatever your broke a@@ can afford" of something along those lines!!! No, seriously... if there was a FAQ that told the most common answers to the most common questions these NooBies (I know, I still am 1 too) could just be sent there. And if they (or I) am dumb enough to ask a question thats already been answered there they can get flamed without hesitation. Hell, maybe post the questions in a poll first and let the masses decide what the best answers are. If there was an area that told what tires were best in what terrain for this type of action, they would have to be pretty damn stupid to ask in the forum and take up space. just my .02.

Let me ask you a question. Have you read any of the forums other than newb? Every forum has sticky's on how to build. The TLT forum has a sticky. The Clod forum has a sticky, the maxx section has a sticky. Most of those have picture gallery sticky's too. So you have the "meat of it" sticky, and the "tard menu" sticky for people too retarded to read. You still get people asking retarded questions. It'd take all of what, an hour(?) to read all the sticky's on this site, and bam. You're twice as educated as you were an hour ago, and just getting started. There should be a minimum time of 6 hours rading the site (being logged onto the site and actively reading, if the system detects more than 10 minutes of idle time in a thread, the counter stops going) that way we atleast know they're reading something. Not to be harsh, but over the last 6-7 months since we established the newbie forum, the questions really haven't changed. Go to page 56, or 41, or page 7, and I am sure on each page you will find atleast one "which truck should I buy" thread. And there's 73 pages of it. Do you really wonder why the veterans of this site are sick of people dragging their asses?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2005, 06:07 PM   #22
Pebble Pounder

I guess you could call me a newb, sure. But seriously, when I got here and didnt know a damn thing about any hobby grade trucks, I did what I thought made sense. Went through all the forums, looked at the stickies and learned some things. I've asked some questions, sure, but not until after I looked and didn't find a good answer.

It seems to be like this on every forum I've been too, maybe with the exception of Pirate where you only ask one stupid question and then you never talk again. It's really not that hard to just look around...
Old 11-02-2005, 07:11 PM   #23
TEAM MODERATOR

I don't mind helping someone if it's a question thats not asked on a daily basis. I mean,com'mon guys(NOOB's) use your heads a littlejust a little

I'd bet money that if guys would just go read the "cheap tips and tricks" thread in Gen. that Bender wrote up,it would answer 80% of the ?'s here in the NOOB section. It would also answer most of the useless drivel thats in the other sections as well. How many times do we need to ask "What rod ends do I use" I mean ****,it's not rocket sience. Decide what size you want and your budget and order away,it's just a damn rod end.

Bender spent a ton of time making that thread and theres TONS of info in there.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:24 PM   #24
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooner
I think a FAQ tread is not the answer...it would take up just as much space as asking the same ? over and over...
Lets see...........

1 FAQ thread

6000 threads of worthless drivel thats asked on a daily basis

I believe 1 FAQ thread would smaller and probly easier to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooner
what gets me is
"everytime i do a search i have to read about 10 reply's that have nothing to do with the answer
Thats what gets me,you all don't get it do you. You all complain that the search doesn't function

IT DOES!!!!!!

Guys complain that it's cloged up with worthless threads.

Most of the threads you guys have to sift through to find your answers are the useless drivel thats asked daily. THATS why guys tell you to SEARCH(more than once can result in more answers) before asking.

Think about it.......wait a minute,I'm going out on a limb here,use your heads a minute.

Less questions about the same topics=less topics to look through in your pathetic attemps at searching. You get the answers and alot faster,wouldn't that be cool?

Last edited by Reflection; 11-02-2005 at 07:32 PM.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:43 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

I've posted Bender's tips and tricks in this section as well and made it a sticky. I think we've got the point across and am locking this thread and making it a sticky as well.
Closed Thread