Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Issue's with my RTR Scorpion "help"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2009, 06:57 AM   #1

Default Issue's with my RTR Scorpion "help"

Ok: I have been pulling my hair out for some time now I got a Axial scorpion Crawler some time ago mainly because I seen this truck in action @ a hobbyshop Expo in my area & I thought Wow that's a cool rig So I picked one up there @ the show. I also own 4 other trucks
Traxxas: Slash / Stampede / Rustler / E-Revo. Howerver I will say I use my Traxxas Trucks more oftin than my Crawler but I got hooked up with a R/C Club "my wife got me the membership" I thought it was "like run what ya brung" type of club but to my Suprize it's a Crawler Only r/c club I should of known with all the Rock climb'ing stuff there So I was going to Resign from the Club. But I decided to stay a member "& at least I got somewhere to go on rainy day's" anyway I was @ the club Crawling & my Crawler keeps fliping over & get's Hung Up alot when I am trying to Clear a rock or log a club member said I need to add weight to my Rig I have thought of putting Fishing weight's in my wheels "would that help @ all also a club member said I should get the Alum clearance Links for my Rig but thay are pricey to say the least but I would really like to find something for the bottom of my rig to stop it from hanging up I seem to do this alot "hang up my Rig" that's a NOOBIE FOR YA I am looking to do Cheap Mod's @ first to my crawler my wife will shoot me if I dump alot of $$ into my crawler since I already have a ton of money into my traxxas trucks. But I did Swap out the stock gear's to all time 4x4 with the front diff locker in the kit the truck came with I also swaped out the stock 27-t motor to a 65-t team integy motor "it was cheap" $15.99 I will say it crawl's 100% better than the 27-t that was in it but that's as far in mod's I got so far.

Last edited by Grave95; 07-14-2009 at 06:59 AM.
Grave95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2009, 07:14 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Well, I would imagine the fishing weights would work, but personally, I like to use stick on weights (the type that they use to balance a car's tire). As for other tricks on how to make your truck work a little better, this thread should help you out some:
Axial tips and tricks
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 08:07 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

You could aslo move the battery down lower. I can't remember if that was on the link that JeremyH gave you.

I did this for a friend of mine. If you are using a standard battery pack. We split the battery pack in to two sides, while keeping the connector attached to the battery. That way you would have 3 cells in a row. We put one row of 3 cells on each side of the rig. We attached them under the body posts. And just used one wire with a set of bullet connectors to hook them together on the back. I hope this makes sense to you. I don't have any pictures, but this realy helped a lot. And it olny takes time a few cents.
70duncan is offline   Reply With Quote