Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: new AX10 with moving issues?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2009, 10:17 PM   #1

Default new AX10 with moving issues?

got a new AX10 RTC today and when we got it going it doesnt always want to go. Specifically when i am going very slow the truck just kinda jumps (almost like there is a short) but if i let off the gas and go again it will work fine. It also sometimes just does nothing when i give it gas. almost like i am not even trying to make it go. I have made no changes to it (picked it up this evening) and played with it for about 30 minutes so far. is this a normal problem?
spacecwboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2009, 10:51 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

heres a couple things you could try, make sure your antenna on you reciever is standing straight up i mean u can lay your intenna down so its out of the way just make sure the actual antenna is not touching any metal, make sur it is not crossing back over itself and make sure there is no rips or tears in the antenna. Next step make sure your esc is plugged in all the way in to the reciever. Next make sure your batteries in your controller are fully charged or new.
hoped i helped. if you need anything else just ask
blue bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 02:54 PM   #3

all new batteries, no issues (that I can tell) on the antenna. just seems like it has a short in it or something. pulled the chips out and made sure they make good connection
spacecwboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 07:19 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

As set from the factory it has double tap forward and instant reverse. If the trottle trim is off center it will never see the double tap because it thinks the bakes have not been relesed. It is basicly just a cheap f/r ESC with reversed polarity and with the auto set up when you turn it on you cannot change the throttle trim after the initial startup.
I reversed the motor plugs and now works as a forward with brakes and double tap reverse and I like it much beter, works more like every other RTR ESC such as a Traxxas Slash.
lt1zwb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 08:04 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt1zwb96 View Post
As set from the factory it has double tap forward and instant reverse. If the trottle trim is off center it will never see the double tap because it thinks the bakes have not been relesed. It is basicly just a cheap f/r ESC with reversed polarity and with the auto set up when you turn it on you cannot change the throttle trim after the initial startup.
I reversed the motor plugs and now works as a forward with brakes and double tap reverse and I like it much beter, works more like every other RTR ESC such as a Traxxas Slash.
i do believe you are confused and had the wires hooked up the wrong way the first time, and then changed them to the correct way (double tap reverse)
thats how mine was out of the box from axial
LS1Armyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 08:05 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

in reply to the original poster, it could just be the uber crappy controller they give you from axial, try the traxxas controller, its cheap and works 100X better than the axial one.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:22 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

I bought it from CKRC and asked about it and they said that was the way it was supposed to work. It had oviously been out of the box when I got it but did not look to be run. CKRC said they test them before they send them out but I also had a binding or dragging problem and I found a bearing missing in the tranny that Axial sent to me. After reading all the posts about CKRC I am thinking they may have done something to it and if they tested it they should have known how smooth it should be and noticed the bearing missing.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:04 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt1zwb96 View Post
I bought it from CKRC and asked about it and they said that was the way it was supposed to work. It had oviously been out of the box when I got it but did not look to be run. CKRC said they test them before they send them out but I also had a binding or dragging problem and I found a bearing missing in the tranny that Axial sent to me. After reading all the posts about CKRC I am thinking they may have done something to it and if they tested it they should have known how smooth it should be and noticed the bearing missing.
quite possible. because thats backwards from how i got mine. maybe they had mods on it and put it back to stock slightly the wrong way?
whatever the reason at least you got it working right.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:24 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Yes it is working to me normal with double tap reverse. My next mod will be an ESC with drag brake and instant reverse.