Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Comp rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2009, 12:00 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Comp rules

I am curious about this:

2.1.2.1 – Super & 2.2 Class body must be 3” minimum height on sides. No less than 12.5” total length and full original width, and no less than 5” in the center. All bodies should resemble its original form (Jeep bodies look like a Jeep)

What are they refering to 3" minimum height on sides and no less that 5" in the center? Is that 3" min from ground to bottom of the body, or the body itself must be 3" tall from bottom to roof? Same with the 5" center from ground to bottom of body or bottom of body to roof in the center?

I was looking at the Pro-Line 83 Ram Charger body, looks pretty sweet. I like the scale look to it with the roll bar and spare tire mount. Here's a link. http://www.prolineracing.com/p-677-1...roll-cage.aspx
mhuffman_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2009, 12:17 AM   #2
WOOPOOW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuffman_81 View Post
or the body itself must be 3" tall from bottom to roof? Same with the 5" center from bottom of body to roof in the center?
Thats it there
Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:27 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I think I misread that the 3" is height from bottom to roof, but the 5" in center is the width. You can't modify the width must be original width, but at least 5" wide in center. At first I thought it meant 5" tall in center which didn't make sense cause then if it were 3" on sides and 5" center it would be triangular shaped, which is retarded. I must have had a brain fart...lol, thanks.
mhuffman_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:02 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Sounds like you"ve got it now, but remember the rules also state that it must resemble the original form. So don't chop it up too much.
Dirty Hairball is offline   Reply With Quote