Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Undecided Axial RTC or Losi MRC?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2009, 03:22 PM   #1

Default Undecided Axial RTC or Losi MRC?

Looking to get one or the other...I am looking to have something ready out of the box...Any recommendations? Reasons for recommendations? Which has the best components and is most likely to last longer and require fewer upgrades? Thanks for the help...
xpnsvtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2009, 03:43 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Well they are both great products but if you are looking to have a comp rig i would go with the rtc... there are some things that are needed to make it ready like electronics... But if you are just going to bash around the house i would go with the mrc...
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 03:47 PM   #3

The Axial RTC only requires batteries and a charger, Correct?

I probably won't ever do competitions however I would like to have the best bang for my buck...I do like the larger size of the Axial, but the price point on the Losi seems too good...
Old 07-20-2009, 03:50 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Axial.

Which crawler to start with? My opinion on the question.
meffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 04:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by meffie View Post
I read that one earlier...I take it the Axial uses the same components through the entire line (RTC, ARTR, RTR, etc)?
Old 07-20-2009, 04:32 PM   #6
K_B
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpnsvtoys View Post
I read that one earlier...I take it the Axial uses the same components through the entire line (RTC, ARTR, RTR, etc)?
Many of the electronic and mechanical components are the same. Depending on which model, key components such as suspension links are different/upgraded.

Axial has a nice comparison chart on their site somewhere. I can't find it for some reason...
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:43 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

My friend and I started with the Losi MRC and found that we were bored with it very quickly.
The AX-10 is the way to go for beginners because they are like the Ford F-150 of the crawling world. What I mean is that there are parts to be found everywhere online and in most hobby shops. Plus as you'll see there are a lot of garage options that the average "weekend crawler" can do for himself. You can keep it lost cost and simple or you have a good platform if you want to get a little more seriuos with the hobby. Just my 2 cents..........good luck.
Dirty Hairball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:44 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpnsvtoys View Post
Essentially yes. Just depends on how involved you want to get. The ARTR is your best bet if you want to use custom electronics and/or think you'll upgrade in the near future.
meffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:03 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Axial RTC. Upgrade as you see fit in the future. If you don't get the dreaded addiction you can get out without spending a bundle.....and consider yourself very fortunate!
Jeeper Creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:19 PM   #10

Default Axial It Is...

Thanks everyone for the good input...I think I will go with the Axial RTC seems like a good value and many seem to recommend...

Next Question - What battery packs and chargers should I be looking at? I don;t want to break the bank, but I don't want to do it twice (at least on the charger)...Any Recommendations?
Old 07-21-2009, 02:39 PM   #11
TN State Champ 11,12,13

Talking Not so fast

Don't over look the Losi Comp Crawler. I have an Axial ARTR, Berg, Losi comp crawler and Losi MRC. In my humble opinion the Losi Comp crawler is the best bang for the buck. Just think about it this way; The Losi comp crawler for $285.00 comes with front and rear dig (there is no practical way to even do a rear dig for the axial) killer steering, worm gears with tons of clearance and no roll back on a hill so no need for an expensive esc with drag brake. I know the next post will say the CVD's are weak. The redesigned ones are holding strong for me and I had them bound up digging in a comp last weekend. A good dig system for the Axial will cost about $100.00 and takes a lot of massaging to get dialed in. CVD's are also an upgrade for the Axial (stock on the Losi). I have about $700.00 in my Losi comp crawler and in my opinion it crawls better than my Axial comp rig that I had $1400.00 in. Losi has the best customer service in the industry. When I broke the first batch of CVD's I had free replacements in my hands in 4days....can't beat that. The aftermarket parts for the Losi will come and be just as plentiful as the Axial. The best part of the Losi is the MOA conversion kit sold by Eritex. I have this on order and if it works as well as everyone is saying I will comp with my Losi next season and not the Berg.
Pdog7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:21 PM   #12

I have an RTC (My sons) and a ARTR. I wished now I would have gotten two ARTR's, as my son quickly progressed and wants to upgrade the electonics. Some of the things he wants to change are cosmetic, but overall it would have been easier to start with the ARTR like I did. As I a new to crawlers, I am very happy with the Axials, and look forward to uprgrading them as I go. Both are good, just could have worked out better starting with both ARTR's.
glock35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:43 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdog7 View Post
(there is no practical way to even do a rear dig for the axial)
Huh? There are more then a few "practical" ways to do a rear DIG on a AX10.
801FuNk801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:44 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

It all depends on what you have in the area to crawl on. To me the MRC was the way to go because it is easy to find stuff to crawl on and to make your own course with out the need of eguipment to move rocks around. This is because of the small size of the MRC. The axial needs larger stuff to challenge it which means alot of driving to different areas to find a suitable enviroment to challenge it.

As far as comps, they do have comps for the mrc so that is also a mute point.
Rat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:13 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Default Hard Choice

Two different classes. The AX10 RTC is a 2.2 class rig. The Losi Mrc is a 1.9 rig. The most popular rigs are the 2.2, but the 1.9 hold their own. I would get the AX10 RTC if I was you, because it has more options with crawling ablity. You could go scaler or comp rig with the RTC. The MRC is cute, but for my money I would stick with the AX10 RTC.
fernando is offline   Reply With Quote