Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Replacement antenna for 27 MHz transmitter? (AX10-RTR)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2009, 12:23 AM   #1

Default Replacement antenna for 27 MHz transmitter? (AX10-RTR)

Hi all --

My son and I have been having a blast with his first crawler (an AX10 Scorpion RTR), but the telescoping antenna on the transmitter broke off today, and I'd like to replace it with something more robust. Preferably a rubberized, non-telescoping, stub-type antenna, but we may be constrained by the 27MHz frequency. I'm a TOTAL newbie at RC, so any help will be much appreciated. Also, any recommendations for a good RC shop in the Denver area? We need some thread lock for a misbehaving rear drive shaft set screw...

Thanks,
Cooper's mom
outcrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2009, 12:42 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

you my frind are gonna have to find an old raido with a good antenia ill look and see if i have a spare, as for the drive shaft get a bag of extra grub screws and make sure you put another one in each yolk of the drive shafts so that there is 2 in each on and do not for get thread lock!!!!! and if you get good signal from your raido at say 20-30 feet with the antenia closed then just leave it closed to keep from bending it. have you locked the front axle with the included locker? if not do so. and try to get the weight down low, vent the wheels, and try to fight the tourqe twist with spring spacers in the rear and softer springs for the shocks. good luck and happy crawling! send me a pm if you have some questions about the rtr i started with the same rig!

Last edited by 2500hdon37s; 07-25-2009 at 12:47 AM.
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:21 AM   #3

i got tired of my antenna and got the new tactic 2 ch 2.4 radio on tower hobbies. for $80 with a receiver it works great. short compact antenna on the radio and no antenna on the receiver. love it.
datablitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 07:25 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

RC4WD also has a cheap 2.4 radio. Depending what area of denver your in the best for rockcrawling is Hobbytown Westminster on Wadsworth. You can get threadlock at hardware stores as well. Don't get red threadlock for those set screws unless you never want to take it out again
Mr Glassman is offline   Reply With Quote