Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: mrc glitching. HELP!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2009, 08:16 PM   #1

Default mrc glitching. HELP!

I haven't drove it for a while and I finally drove it today and it glitches while driving. The steering doesn't glitch but the motor does. I tried putting new batteries in the controller and that didn't do anything. Then I re-binded it. That didn't fix it either. Please help!
troublecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2009, 11:21 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

sounds like the motor or esc are going out on ya. I would try a new motor first.
SACCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:11 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by troublecat View Post
I haven't drove it for a while and I finally drove it today and it glitches while driving. The steering doesn't glitch but the motor does. I tried putting new batteries in the controller and that didn't do anything. Then I re-binded it. That didn't fix it either. Please help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SACCO View Post
sounds like the motor or esc are going out on ya. I would try a new motor first.
Yeah, if your servo is still functioning properly while your motor is spazing, the problem is between the ESC and the motor. Usually if the ESC is glitching, it will cut BEC power to the reciever and your servo would squirm too. That was my problem. I later found condensation in my ESC and I think that was the problem. Granted it was a ten year old super rooster, but letting it dry out it worked just fine. I agree that looking into the motor first is a good move. I had a motor stop and go and sometimes completely bind. Sometimes it would skip the pinion and the spur. I found out that sand had gotten in the bushings and had worn them down to the point that the stator was hitting the outside magnets. I don't know what you have in your MRC, but I hope I could help a little bit.
tom tom is offline   Reply With Quote