Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: whats the best servo and why?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2018, 08:16 AM   #21
Rock Stacker

Default Re: whats the best servo and why?

3Brothers R/C has their G13 servo. Waterproof, big torque and has a separate power cable you can either solder into your ESC power cable or they sell an adapter to pull from the Lipo balance cable. No BEC required. Love mine so far.
druz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2018, 08:27 AM   #22
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Old thread but still relevant. I'm still using and recommend Hitec servos. Be sure to buy the programmer. With the programmer, the servo dead band can be widened which greatly reduces stress on the servo resulting in them lasting much longer.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 08:36 AM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Savox 2290. Tough as nails and stronger than anything else in the standard (or oversized) class. I've ran 7980 in one rig and a 2290 in another identical rig and its painfully obvious the hitech is weaker by a solid 100 oz and very slow. 2290 for life, I've tried the rest, now I run the best.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 05:52 AM   #24

I have the 2290 and this is my 2nd summer with it and the things crapping out. Its lost a lot of its power and i find i need to constantly center the horn due to the servo center changing internally. ( horn and controller are not changing) My 3 year old hitech still dominates. I'm to the point i'm going to try over volting it to see if i can make up what i lost.
mach2nh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 04:54 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach2nh View Post
I have the 2290 and this is my 2nd summer with it and the things crapping out. Its lost a lot of its power and i find i need to constantly center the horn due to the servo center changing internally. ( horn and controller are not changing) My 3 year old hitech still dominates. I'm to the point i'm going to try over volting it to see if i can make up what i lost.

Is it safe to over volt one? I have a Savox 1230 and while it has been a beast even after being bought used, it is weaker than my other 1230s. I was thinking of bumping it up to 7.4v from the current 6v.
the Jeffro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 08:14 AM   #26
RCC Addict

Futaba A700 servo
Teng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 04:48 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Jeffro View Post
Is it safe to over volt one? I have a Savox 1230 and while it has been a beast even after being bought used, it is weaker than my other 1230s. I was thinking of bumping it up to 7.4v from the current 6v.
I wouldn't over-volt it, as their website states that it is not a high-voltage servo, and that it is aimed at 4.8-6v use...
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 09:19 PM   #28
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teng View Post
Futaba A700 servo
Have you actually run one? I just ordered one from RCMart, so I'll see it in a month or so. The specs are fantastic, but I am quite curious to see how it stacks up against my 2290 in the real world. It's going in a 4.5lb car, so I'm sure it won't have any trouble wagging the whole car!
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 02:09 AM   #29
RCC Addict

Default whats the best servo and why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterJ View Post
Have you actually run one? I just ordered one from RCMart, so I'll see it in a month or so. The specs are fantastic, but I am quite curious to see how it stacks up against my 2290 in the real world. It's going in a 4.5lb car, so I'm sure it won't have any trouble wagging the whole car!

Never in my life had ever buy such an expensive servo. Since I was dlux fab regular customer and his ( Erik ) store carries some of these. So, I suspect must be a good thing.

Last edited by Teng; 06-17-2019 at 02:33 AM.
Teng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 05:28 AM   #30
Rock Crawler

Protek 370tbl
crawlinghulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:57 AM   #31
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbyjumper View Post
Maybe not the best overall, but best "value" imo, and my crawling group agrees. I own three and can't seem to find a single thing wrong with them. Gutsy, reliable, for real waterproof and I've looked inside to make sure. Only twice (ok three times) the price of the alloy horn included, that you can actually use. It put my Savox on the shelf. I can't believe it myself.

Very true..but they are LV ..if you put them on higher voltage...mmmh I wouldn't do that
themountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 01:40 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbyjumper View Post
Maybe not the best overall, but best "value" imo, and my crawling group agrees. I own three and can't seem to find a single thing wrong with them. Gutsy, reliable, for real waterproof and I've looked inside to make sure. Only twice (ok three times) the price of the alloy horn included, that you can actually use. It put my Savox on the shelf. I can't believe it myself.
Got a link?
punkindrublik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 01:44 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkindrublik View Post
Got a link?
Dang, nevermind, they're everywhere. Does it matter who you get em from? I know quality can vary from seller to seller...
punkindrublik is offline   Reply With Quote