Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: New Guy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2009, 02:24 PM   #1

Default New Guy

Hi, I'm Brandon. I'm a chocolate milk addict.

I'm new to R/C crawlers. Just ordered my first one today, actually. I really like the scale rigs based off of real trucks, and am planning on building one of those based off of my fullsize Ford. As a base to start on, I ordered a Losi MRC RTR kit and some metal lockers (front and rear) to replace the plastic ones they come with. I've also read that the MRC shocks that come with it are crap, but they'll work for now, as a start up. The reason I ordered a MRC, is because I've read, and have been told, that the Blackfoot body is a little smaller than most of the 1:12 and 1:10 setups, and MRC axles fit nicely under them.

Hopefully, by the time I get parts collected and get to working my rig, it'll look something like this...

GIJoe4500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2009, 02:49 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIJoe4500 View Post
Hi, I'm Brandon. I'm a chocolate milk addict.
"Hi, Brandon!" Welcome. Don't think you'll find any therapy here. We will only feed you a new addiction. Your priorities will go askew. You will dip into your chocolate milk funds and replace one habit with another. Trust me. I now get by with only half my original regiment of chocolate, of which, I indulge only after my first crawling fix of the day.
JeepinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:57 PM   #3
WOOPOOW!!

Welcome buddy! I sure wish there were more noobs like you on the forum! You hit the nail on the head with the MRC and the blackfoot. Hope it turns out as nice as your real truck!
Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 03:18 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinCA View Post
"Hi, Brandon!" Welcome. Don't think you'll find any therapy here. We will only feed you a new addiction. Your priorities will go askew. You will dip into your chocolate milk funds and replace one habit with another. Trust me. I now get by with only half my original regiment of chocolate, of which, I indulge only after my first crawling fix of the day.
Thanks! I already have a fairly large "toy" budget that I use on my '95 F150, and my '77 Chevy K20. The Ford is about where I want it, so I'll soon have a bit more money each month to put towards my Chevy, and my R/C!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColbyTheKid View Post
Welcome buddy! I sure wish there were more noobs like you on the forum! You hit the nail on the head with the MRC and the blackfoot. Hope it turns out as nice as your real truck!

Thanks! I did a little reseach on here, and on TXRCRCA before I decided on anything. Plus, a friend of mine knows quite a bit about building scale R/Cs.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:51 PM   #5

Welcome from another noob and good luck on your build.

Nice F150 too!
Rauto13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 04:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauto13 View Post
Welcome from another noob and good luck on your build.

Nice F150 too!

Thanks!
Old 08-05-2009, 08:26 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

That's right buddy, put your arm out, well put the needle right on in....

Welcome to the site!!!

Take pictures of your build as you are putting it together then post them as a build thread, we love that kind of junk!
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:41 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
That's right buddy, put your arm out, well put the needle right on in....

Welcome to the site!!!

Take pictures of your build as you are putting it together then post them as a build thread, we love that kind of junk!

Naturally! I usually start a build thread, and keep all my posts and questions in that one thread. To keep my dumb, noob questions all in the same place.