Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: TIPS, TRICKS, and MORE INFORMATION THAN A NEWBIE CAN HANDLE

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2010, 09:19 AM   #41

Have a summit and while is is a fun basher - it REALLY lacks any type of crawling. not to mention it would not meet any current comp req's.

Is there an easy way to convert a Summit into a halfway decent crawler? I realize it is FAR from what it needs to be - but can anyone suggest gear ratios that will make it less 'twitchy'. I want to adapt it so my kids can run it without the jumpy reverse and matching angle of attack for the obstacle.

Secondly I'd like to either build an MOA or find a recommendation on a used for sale so I can cut my teeth with something that is sure to work, instead of frustrating myself trying to come up with the optimum geometry, bends etc while learning to braze brake lines etc.

Any advice as to the most cost effective way to get /build a decent crawler would be appreciated. I have a few heli's and a DX6i that I'd like to bind to a crawler to make it a 'stick' crawler i/o a pistol grip crawler.

Thank you
Sokelobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2010, 05:49 PM   #42

Default cheap servo

im looking to spend around 100 dallors for a servo does anybody have any suggestions. please help
warner crawling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 03:00 AM   #43

I just got a LNC, and I need to know what driveshafts to swap to! When I flex, the shafts pop out, which gets old VERY quickly. Any help?
Nosetackle63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 12:53 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Hey guys. Kinda new to the crawling deal and new to the forums. I've converted a mini slash vxl to be a kind of trail runner but I want more. Anyone know of a person or themselves that would want to trade for a artr night crawler or artr axail? I would even trade this for a roller with good shocks and a steering servo. All other electronics aren't required and the msv will be rtr right outta the box with a 3s 1800 20c Lipo. I'll make it fast or slow for you! Only one thing. The tires on it are just about gone.
Email me
Cornbread7o7@yahoo.com
For pics and more info

Thanks and happy truckin!
Hvrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:50 PM   #45

Default First Crawler

I just finished assembling my AX10. This is my first crawler. Are there any tips or things I should do before I finish this up?
bschimmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:39 PM   #46

I just got a used VC off of craigslist...love it. Look for RockyMtn DesignsWorks..on the forum , he's got more info and tips on the VC..then a newb can take in..and the guy designs aftr mrkt chassis's..i've copied most of his mods and my VC is Rockin'..now if i can learn to drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrc View Post
hi i just bought a venom creeper, i am running a novak 55t motor, axial esc, traxxas reciver, i am wondering if there any aftermarket chassis that i can run ? any recomended mods i should do or stay away from ? thanks
BasherSam66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:55 PM   #47

Question

flex help. how do you get more flex out of your back suspension on an scx10
kid krawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 02:21 PM   #48
Quarry Creeper

Cool newbie

im building a hustler 2.2 chassis i traded for on rcu and a set of clod axles with aluminum tubes and knuckles.everything im using is used.the chassis is actually on here i think in a competion in 2008.i cant wait to be able to post pics.
creepr69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:59 AM   #49

what a good tube chassis for an ax10
foolish 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:23 PM   #50

Default New here

Im new to this forum and i would like to start it off with a bang. Im young, but don't think I don't know what I'm in to. I have built (from scratch) an Axial AX10 Scorpion. I have added an Integy 55 turn motor and a traxxas speed control along with an hpi radio and a venom 1800 battery. The steering servo is off of a 1/5 scale car and is about twice the size of a stock one. It is a hitec hs700bb and makes handling unstoppable. I have added half a pound to both the front and the rear of the rig and have put in softer springs and re-filled the shocks with oil. On top i have a 1974 k-5 blazer body with 8 LEDs to help me crawl at night. Please dont think to low about all this cause i mowed lawns for a year to get enough to buy all the parts on eBay. Ive got over $500 invested and it crawls like non other, and looks pretty mean too. Ive done all this with like no help only to find out that theres not to many places i can run it. I wanted to know if anybody holds crawling competitions here in Las Cruces, NM. Ive never been to one so i think that any insight would be helpful. Thanks, Zach.

PS: i cant figure out how to post pictures of it but if you want em, e-mail me and ill send them right over.
Mr.RC4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:35 PM   #51

can a 3s be run thru a stock esc on a lnc?
bndt71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 06:57 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENDER View Post
Hi. I'm pretty new to crawling, but I've become alright at driving. I have a Mad Crawler super-class truck, and i was wondering how to get to Red Rocks social crawling from Morrison.
Sniper102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:24 PM   #53

proline flat iron, they are awesome tires
chevycrawlerking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 04:55 PM   #54

Newbie here. Will take me weeks to get through this material, but I thought the thread on limiting straps was .. riveting. This is almost too much info!

Also, the scale tube fabrication stuff is a cool readup. I was curious how you guys were doing it.
sforsancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 11:56 PM   #55
Rock Stacker

what wheel recomendations do you guys have for a losi mrc?
scteggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:49 AM   #56
Pebble Pounder

u cant really have both bud.
904crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:15 PM   #57

I have a stock AX10. Does it matter wich way the polarity is hooked up on motor. I moved my shocks down on the chasie to get some more botttom clearance but it makes it way to flexy and it torques over all the time. Where can I find some longer shocks?
Rupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:35 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdaddy View Post
what is a good set of crawler tires
I would recomend a set of Proline Flat Iron tires. Thier the best multi surface tire.
ScubaMan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:39 PM   #59
Rock Stacker

Hey guys. Kinda new to the crawling deal and new to the forums,I am looking at Redcat rs10 xt.Is this a good one to start with for me and 12 year old? Seems to have a lot going for it,I just want it for fun and not breakdown too much!!hahahah.
I ve built a few buggies years ago and flown a few helis.Some toy boats.Crawling looks like a lot of fun!
paul6ppca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:58 PM   #60

Default Inexpensive gate markers

Hi crawler people. Here is a tip for inexpensive gate markers for rock crawler courses. Meow mix Market select cat food in 12 cups in a box . These cups are 1 1/2 in. height and 3 in.die. at the bottem and 2 in.die. at the top and are flat on the top. Your cat will eat the food and you will get the cups for gate markers. Eric R still cold in Lapeer Michigan
Eric R is offline   Reply With Quote