RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Newbie General (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newbie-general/)
-   -   Best place to buy used RC crawler? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newbie-general/193880-best-place-buy-used-rc-crawler.html)

06BlackTaco 08-12-2009 05:39 PM

Best place to buy used RC crawler?

Hello all,
So I had a friend generously pass down his PTI goliath to me a few months back, and it has been a blast. I've been breaking more and more lately, and have been thinking of buying a used Axial ARTR or Losi MRC.
What would be the best place to watch for these selling used? ebay? Thanks!

montana.matt 08-12-2009 05:50 PM

Buy a green star here and it will open up the classifieds for you to see. There are a lot of great deals on here for used crawlers"thumbsup" I'd buy off here before flea bay any time....

Greatscott 08-12-2009 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montana.matt (Post 1939390)
Buy a green star here and it will open up the classifieds for you to see. There are a lot of great deals on here for used crawlers"thumbsup" I'd buy off here before flea bay any time....

X2 "thumbsup"

Once you are on the Classifieds and find something you like, go to the 'Feedback' section and do a search for the name of the person selling it. Just make sure you completely understand what you are getting and don't make any assumptions, if you are in doubt about something ask specific questions.

Good luck!

JOOTZ 08-12-2009 06:53 PM

ive bought and sold more stuff on here than any other site.

lumpy85 08-12-2009 07:19 PM

im going to wait until i get 30 days and 30 posts. patience is a virture...I dont mind supporting, but until i have a crawler its kinda piontless.

slashbasher 08-12-2009 07:22 PM

where to buy a crawler

I agree totally. I have bought quite a few items from the classsified section and never had any problems. Once you have posted 30 times I think it's 30 you will be allowed to enter the classifieds. If I was going to purchase a used crawler this is the only place I would buy it from.

gmosher1 08-12-2009 08:25 PM

I agree, I went the E-bay route one time and it bit me in the.... you know
I'm just waiting for my 30 posts and see whats there

06BlackTaco 08-12-2009 08:25 PM

okay, thanks guys. So just to confirm, I can't see the for sale section right now?? When you buy the star, or hit 30 posts, it magically appears? lol...
What's the cost on the green star? I swear I read all the FAQ's and didn't see this stuff.

Jbostick 08-12-2009 08:48 PM

hows a newbie suppose to get 30 posts when they dont know anything! lol I understand the reasoning but the wait is killing me.

dirtyal 08-12-2009 08:50 PM

I'd stick to RCC for used equipment. This isn't the place somebody would want to ruin their reputation because they sold some junk. The green star is $25 I believe. If you go to your user cp and scroll to the bottom you'll see paid subscriptions in the lower left. Thats where you can get your star."thumbsup"

montana.matt 08-12-2009 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 06BlackTaco (Post 1939643)
okay, thanks guys. So just to confirm, I can't see the for sale section right now?? When you buy the star, or hit 30 posts, it magically appears? lol...
What's the cost on the green star? I swear I read all the FAQ's and didn't see this stuff.

Green star is $20 a year. Not only does it give you access to the For Sale forum, but it also allows you to participate in vendor giveaways...
To get a green star, click on "User CP" and scroll down to "Paid Subscriptions" and click on that"thumbsup"

gmosher1 08-12-2009 09:20 PM

plus it makes it easier to post pics!

JeepinOR 08-12-2009 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumpy85 (Post 1939531)
im going to wait until i get 30 days and 30 posts. patience is a virture...

Well said.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbostick (Post 1939675)
How's a newbie suppose to get 30 posts when they dont know anything! lol I understand the reasoning but the wait is killing me.

See the first quote above. :twisted:

Is there nothing about that crawler you were given that you can add to this forum? Pictures? Video? An idea for something homemade to fix something you broke? Other questions? Be creative with the posts; just don't post-whore yourself to get that 30 and get yourself in trouble. ;)

Star Information.

06BlackTaco 08-12-2009 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepinCA (Post 1939730)
Well said.

See the first quote above. :twisted:

Is there nothing about that crawler you were given that you can add to this forum? Pictures? Video? An idea for something homemade to fix something you broke? Other questions? Be creative with the posts; just don't post-whore yourself to get that 30 and get yourself in trouble. ;)

Star Information.

LOL....I didn't post anything about the 30 posts deal, that was a different member. I'm the OP and I've been a member for at least a few months now and still have less than 15 posts. LOL...
Yes - I did post questions, and pictures in the Goliath forum, but I'm the only one posting for the past 3 months. LOL.....I think the Goliath is ancient history...(pun intended)...LOL.... :)
I do have lots of questions in regards to all sorts of other crawlers though....I'll do the search, and if nothing comes up, post up.
Thanks guys!
Trevor

TattooKenny 08-12-2009 11:55 PM

Best place to get a used crawler? Me"thumbsup" Hit me up when your ready to get crawling:mrgreen:

nathanotis 08-13-2009 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbostick (Post 1939675)
hows a newbie suppose to get 30 posts when they dont know anything! lol I understand the reasoning but the wait is killing me.

I've wondered this... I've been trying to ask intelligent questions... So much can be found via the search, though.

\oo/_ :twisted: _\oo/
n.

drumbeater 08-13-2009 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 06BlackTaco (Post 1939643)

Go here to buy a star
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/payments.php

Da Hermit 08-13-2009 02:04 AM

Support your Local hobbie shop if you have one. The Bestest of bestest deals come from your friendly neighborhood R/C enthusiast's."thumbsup"

If Not, then RCC 'for sale' section.

06BlackTaco 08-13-2009 09:05 AM

Yep - I agree on the LHS. I frequent the place as much as possible, but they are really into Flight RC - planes, ect. They do stock quite a bit of off-road, but they definitely don't cater to the crawlers dangit. :mrgreen:

samaruki 08-13-2009 10:48 AM

how about your local rcrockcrawler club? and the $ for this site is well worth it as I have got a world of info from here. thanks RCC.com

and also LHS and i agree most are mostly into flight RC maybe that will change in time...