Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Dig for motor facing forward

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2009, 10:05 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Dig for motor facing forward

I'm trying to research up on different dig units, as I'm getting ready to get one. It's will be going in my Axial scorpion. it's the stock chassis. My question is is there any out there that work with the motor facing forward. I have my motor on the drivers side facing forward and the trans on the pass side facing backwards. The only dig unit I've seen that will accommodate this is the CKRC FT dig. It seems like a nice unit but it seems to have gotten mixed reviews on here. Is there any others the will work with the motor trans setup like this or do I need to just bite the bullet and flip everything around and go with another company?
MtnMan210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2009, 12:58 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I did mirror a r2d. Ya just got to take it all apart and assemble it all backwards. Did have to drill and tap new dig mount holes. Really I don't think it makes much difference which way the motor is mounted but others swear by it.
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 02:05 AM   #3
Who's your Daddy-0!

Here is you dig http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175292 I think you can buy them separate now to, front or rear by themselves

Again, the search button is your friend
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:45 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

go with the ckrc dig. i just got mine last week and love it. wint on easy and works smooth.
LabRat 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 07:08 AM   #5
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhippie View Post
I did mirror a r2d. Ya just got to take it all apart and assemble it all backwards. Did have to drill and tap new dig mount holes. Really I don't think it makes much difference which way the motor is mounted but others swear by it.
having switched to a Stage3 dig unit after a year with my mirror and CKRC dig setup I can definately feel the difference. just took some driver changes to accomadate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat 4x4 View Post
go with the ckrc dig. i just got mine last week and love it. wint on easy and works smooth.
You have to modify the mounting bracket on the CKRC one to use it on a mirror tranny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooKenny View Post
Here is you dig http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175292 I think you can buy them separate now to, front or rear by themselves

Again, the search button is your friend
that would be your best bet if you can get them seperately now, no modding needed just mirror the tranny and bolt one side on. Gonna need longer screws though.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:17 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

its easy to flip the tranny around
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote