Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: What to get

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2009, 06:07 AM   #1

Smile What to get

hello all, i am sam, i am new to rc crwaling but definately no new to RCs, i currently own 2 drifters, a 1/18 basher, a kyosho scorpion (1982 buggy) and a losi micro t with BL, and yeh i was wondering what to get, i am on a budget of about 250/300, i was thibnking the losi mini crawler would be good, as it is mini and would be lots of fun to be a rock racer, im looking at something that is durable but i can also have a bash out the front,

me personally i would love a traxxas summit but they are way out of my price range. i was also thinking about a wheely king, as i can have a bash with it and then convert it to crwaler later, and because of the size of the wheel king it uses all normal 1/10 motors and batts, which i have plenty of.

so in summing up what are your recommendations for a rock crawler/rock racer.???
squirt22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2009, 10:48 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Try this

You could buy what is label as a Rock Racer / Rock Crawler and go with the AX RTR. If you want alittle speed and the looks of a scale down truck go with the AX10 SCX. It all depends on what turn motor you put into your rig. Hopefully this help alittle bit.
fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:04 PM   #3

thanks, i was thinking of the losi MRC but it would be cheaper for me to get a WK and convert it to a CK, and also because of the scale of the WK i can use any normal sized motor. were i would love to get the MRC i would then have to get a specific small BL motor. hmmmmm, my price range is between 250-380 at max. that is AUD btw. so yeh, i can get a WK 4x4 rtr for 299 and then get the crawler kit later on. i think im going to have to get some more money, and then i might get a AX10. cant find the scaled AX10 SCX that you speak of.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:01 AM   #4

help me out people, help me make a decicsion on what crawler i should get, i want something that can crawl very nicely and comes pretty much RTC stock, so i don't need to upgrade anything. And also if i chuck in a powerful BL system will i be able to bash this thing. Basically i want a Crwaler that i can run stock finely and if i want to jump/bash it i can.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:19 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernando View Post
You could buy what is label as a Rock Racer / Rock Crawler and go with the AX RTR. If you want alittle speed and the looks of a scale down truck go with the AX10 SCX. It all depends on what turn motor you put into your rig. Hopefully this help alittle bit.
x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirt22 View Post
thanks, i was thinking of the losi MRC but it would be cheaper for me to get a WK and convert it to a CK, and also because of the scale of the WK i can use any normal sized motor. were i would love to get the MRC i would then have to get a specific small BL motor. hmmmmm, my price range is between 250-380 at max. that is AUD btw. so yeh, i can get a WK 4x4 rtr for 299 and then get the crawler kit later on. i think im going to have to get some more money, and then i might get a AX10. cant find the scaled AX10 SCX that you speak of.
I see you like the Losi mini.

Quote:
help me out people, help me make a decicsion on what crawler i should get, i want something that can crawl very nicely and comes pretty much RTC stock, so i don't need to upgrade anything. And also if i chuck in a powerful BL system will i be able to bash this thing. Basically i want a Crwaler that i can run stock finely and if i want to jump/bash it i can.
Seems to me you have already made your decision
Benzbuildr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:36 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzbuildr View Post
x2

I see you like the Losi mini.

Seems to me you have already made your decision
what is my decision??? i like the MRC by losi but then that will only limit me to 1/18 events, and i dnt even know if rock crawling exists in australia, i would like to get the ax10 as it is 1/10 scale, and are built farely tough, i found a cheap HSP 1/8 crawler on ebay and lloks the same as an ax10 except in orange but, then again it is cheap brand and if it breaks it is fail, so right now im tossing up between the MRC,AX10 RTR and a WK/CK

please help me make my deciision, i need sumthing that i won't have to upgrade, i can just run it in a stock class.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:50 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
what is my decision??? i like the MRC by losi but then that will only limit me to 1/18 events, and i dnt even know if rock crawling exists in australia, i would like to get the ax10 as it is 1/10 scale, and are built farely tough, i found a cheap HSP 1/8 crawler on ebay and lloks the same as an ax10 except in orange but, then again it is cheap brand and if it breaks it is fail, so right now im tossing up between the MRC,AX10 RTR and a WK/CK

please help me make my deciision, i need sumthing that i won't have to upgrade, i can just run it in a stock class.
Hey squirt22 have you joined the crawl pit? It's an Australian crawler site, those guys will be able to hook you up with parts and other things.

You have the Ax10 or the losi crawler both are 1/10. The ax10 is where I would put my money.

Join THE CRAWL PIT you got guy's like Peli, Badmuthertrucker, Lincolnblack just to name a few, they will help you alot some of them live in Sydney. Cheers Mate.

Last edited by Benzbuildr; 08-28-2009 at 05:55 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 07:06 AM   #8

yes i joined the crawl pit, i am definately going with the AX10 rtr i think, it is pretty strong out of the box, and you dnt need to do anything to it, except upgrade the motor later on, cant wait to get it, now i just need to see what the cheapes i can get it for is. and AX10 are easy to get parts for, this thing looks pretty good stock,
Old 08-29-2009, 07:31 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
yes i joined the crawl pit, i am definately going with the AX10 rtr i think, it is pretty strong out of the box, and you dnt need to do anything to it, except upgrade the motor later on, cant wait to get it, now i just need to see what the cheapes i can get it for is. and AX10 are easy to get parts for, this thing looks pretty good stock,

Cool, looking forward to talking to ya on the Pit.