Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: wheely king 4WS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2009, 01:37 PM   #1

Question wheely king 4WS

i need some help i need to know what i need to do to run 4ws on my wheely king it is a tuber now and im running a 3ch receiver and i need to know what all i need i have a servo i know i need a mount and link can anyone tell me how it is hooked up thanks
wheelytuber55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2009, 01:44 PM   #2
RCC Addict

do you have a chassis mounted servo or a axle mounted. If it's axle mounted, just get another mount and servo, set the rear axle just like the front. If it's chassis mounted (stock wk) you'll have to make up some linkage like the front has.
klabeaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 03:15 PM   #3

You may want to look into installing a separate BEC as two servos may require more current than the speed contol can provide. If you are running a dig on your third channel you can get a servo splitter to connect both servos to the same steering channel,but it will be full time 4WS.
stirlingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 03:26 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

i did mine last week. its really easy and doesnt cost a dime. make a mount for your rear servo so it can go on the axle, flip the 3 link mount backwards, shorted your upper link about 1/8 inch, splice your 2 servos together. get rid of the arm that hold your rear linkage in place, mount your servo arm up and your front servo down to reverse the wheel movement. mount it all up and its ready to roll.

look up my thread 'Crawler King with HPI championship bloodline' to see how i set mine up.
savagefromthesprings is offline   Reply With Quote