Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Wheelie King P.O.S.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2009, 03:34 PM   #21

yes i already read it. I was up to post 76. I had read everything. The sandking is brushless, cost to much and to fast for me. I seen videos of it and he cant even keep it on all fours driving a straight line.
ILgofast2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2009, 04:02 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILgofast2 View Post
From spike x's picture you have the 2wd version. Mine is the new 4wd bounty hunter. and I use the cheap stick pack that came with it. 1500mah and it might not work that well. I use a dynamite sport quick charge, so maybe I messed up the battery. And i noticed that mine does not have the jolt esc. Is that the problem. Would buying a hpi 20t motor help? Maybe the traxas 20t stinger is not a double so that is why it doesnt have the torque to gets the wheels up. Is there any advice instead of just telling me yours works fine.

Um no mines def 4 wheel drive, look closer at the picture mate. Stock hpi esc, stock 27t saturn motor. I know it is frustrating when you spend good money on somthing and it doesnt perform as advertised or as you have seen others. In my opinion the stock motor has plenty of torque, there are better motors out there, name brand modded motors and such but the 27 turn is good, unless your wanting to get into crawling. I have a 21 turn on mine now with traxxas esc and its a ton of fun. I went every route you can go with a wheely king, from a racer, to a crawler, to a basher, even a mudder, and now im trying to get into scale monster jam style racing. Your battery may defected, try going to your local hobby store, or getting a new battery. Duratrax makes some decent nimh batts for a decent price, and also you might want to get a good charger, I never use the quick charge feature of my duratrax onyx charger on my good batteries, a full charge is the best to keep your batteries at 100% life and charge. If that still doesnt work and you have some extra money on your hands, try upgrading the esc/motor but you dont have to go drastic as chondigga, his wheely king is nice though imo and it will go in a straight line believe it or not. Its just a different style. I take it since you have the bounty hunter edition your interested in just general bashing/monster jam style driving around, the hpi electronics are easily capable of carrying the wheely king for some sick wheelies and small jumps. Hope this helps a little more.

Last edited by SpikeX; 09-17-2009 at 04:18 PM.
SpikeX is offline   Reply With Quote