Yes,
floogldood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2006, 06:37 PM   #122
Rock Stacker

SICK ***!! its only 10 bucks too. F n A right
limegreentj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:06 PM   #123

If you mean the one that came with your Nylint, then yes. Absolutely.
mikeeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 07:42 PM   #124

Default 2 Sub-C Cell 7.2 Stick Packs

Looking to reduce weight and up performance?

I replaced the stock battery with 2 3300mah NiMh sub-c stck packs I had laying about. I wired them in series to allow charging 6 cells at a time. The total voltage is 14.4v, though being matched packs, they are each coming off the charger at about 8.4v. Be carefull to wire correctly and use equal mah packs. Deans connectors handle the current much better as well.

Bottom line is, with a lighter lexan lid to lighten things up and lessen load these packs rock!!!! :-P I got over 40min of run time before I shut her down, and there was more to go. The reduced weight and increase voltage allow for a higher top speed and it can scale up a grade with much more conviction. High gear is much more effective and boggs considerably less.

Ran the packs 5 times, 40+ min, pretty much WOT in 75 degree sunny weather and have had no issues what so ever. The inital weight of the rig is down now from 15 to 11 lbs and that may be key in reduced load. I zip tied 4 coils of the spring together to minimize the bouncing about.

Rock Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 09:02 PM   #125

Wow. THat is very interesting. I am surprised that it could handle the extra voltage. Keep us posted!
Old 02-16-2007, 04:47 PM   #126

Default Does anyone have an ICE charger that they charge this battery with

So I have an ICE charger and I am not sure of the settings for the charger because I don't want to mess up the battery if anyone knows what to do that would be great
jlnash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:36 AM   #127

OK I just read the entire thread but I still have a question. Say I want to keep the stock battery or maybe get the Tower Hobbies one, what hobby grade chargere would be best to get to charge said batteries? I have a working Nylint charger but a 12 hr charge is sometimes a little to long. I like to play with it no not later ya know? TIA

Ray
outlawjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:17 AM   #128
Quarry Creeper

The Ice will not do a lead acid battery, but the Triton 2 would be a good choice as it supports pb chargeing.
floogldood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:33 AM   #129

I searched Tower but could not find this charger... Any idea where to get one?
outlawjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:25 AM   #130
RCC Addict

Default my battery charger died....

Turning out to be a bad day. First i planned on going out and running my Gladylint but it started raining. Second, i tried charging my battery but the charger is dead. No light and no charge :(

i do have a new piranha digital charger for my clod buster and wondering if i can use that? If so, what settings would be best? Charging batteries is new to me. I'm used to the plug and charge type chargers that don't require programming.

Any help appreciated.
thanks
muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:45 AM   #131

I dont think the piranah charger will work for lead acid batteries, but I do know for a fact that the 1/6 scale nylint will run on two 7.2 volt batteries like an e-maxx. Mine works just fine on 14.4 volts. I hope that is helpful. Otherwise a 12 volt power wheels battery charger will work and can be bought at walmart or toys r us.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:38 PM   #132
Quarry Creeper

This may be a DUMB question.........or maybe an obvious solution.........Why couldn't a Nylint 12V battery be charged with .............a regular 12V automotive battery charger? $20-40 cost...

Clip the alligator clips on the terminals and let'er go!

Now obviously you would NOT want to set the output to 20 amps or something ridiculous, but hey, set it at 2 amps and 4-6 hours later it's "definintely" fully charged. I realize this means removing the cover, but I have 6 batteries and my buddy has another 6 that we rotate in our rigs so we are use to removing and replacing batteries as needed through out the day............

Also if you have an inverter in your vehicle to power a charger, you could actually be recharging batteries thru out the day while at a trail or big old pile of rocks!

So?????

Is it that simple or am I missing something here?

Kerry

Last edited by kerrywittig; 04-25-2007 at 08:41 PM.
kerrywittig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 06:26 AM   #133

I think the inverter idea will work. People have used those inexpensive "battery buddy" things that top off car batteries as chargers, but my automotive charger, which can cgarge as low as 2 amps, will not charge the Nyling battery. It won't even recognize the battery if its hooked up. So I think its just too small. It does work on my Power Wheels batteries though.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:31 AM   #134
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeeh View Post
I think the inverter idea will work. People have used those inexpensive "battery buddy" things that top off car batteries as chargers, but my automotive charger, which can cgarge as low as 2 amps, will not charge the Nyling battery. It won't even recognize the battery if its hooked up. So I think its just too small. It does work on my Power Wheels batteries though.
Interesting!?!?!?
kerrywittig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 02:28 AM   #135

my charger has never had the light turn green Is this bad? do i have a bad charger/battery?
ZUKRUE(achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 05:28 AM   #136
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUKRUE(achilles View Post
my charger has never had the light turn green Is this bad? do i have a bad charger/battery?
Nah, mine hasn't turned green in the past year but it still charges just fine. Just last week i saw it flick to green for the first time in so long. They are weird chargers....
muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:26 PM   #137
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeeh View Post
I tried using the inverter in my semi and it did not charge the battery at all. My inverter may be to small, its a 800 watt coleman and runs my lap top and t.v. just fine. Guess maybe a bigger inverter might be the answer.
offroad1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 04:15 PM   #138

this looks like a good replacement battery:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXSK07&P=M

Tower Hobbies 12V 4.5A Maintenance-Free Starter Battery

Stock NumberLXSK07 Retail Price‡
Tower's Low Price $13.49
2MCHPWR is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newbie-general/20015-definitive-1-6-battery-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
Scale 4x4 R/C -> nylint crawler This thread Refback 02-16-2013 07:31 PM