Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: New to SCX10, need feedback please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2009, 10:38 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default New to SCX10, need feedback please

So I've had this idea of building an SCX10 scale truck. I'm gonna use either an aluminum F350 hilift body or a clod body. I have on order the BRUISER G2 axles from RC4WD and their leaf springs as well. I don't know how to mount them to my SCX10 though. I've dearched many threads and forums and still not getting any definite answers to this problem. RCBROS has a thread with a kit for stock axles, but they don't say anything about being universal nor will they reply back to me at all. Any information would really help and pictures would be nice too.

Below is what I have so far.

Also, there's a company on EBAY producing aluminum bodies to replicate the Tamiya bodies. Are these worth it? If not does anyone have a used clod, or blackfoot body the want to get rid of? I'm not that good at internet searching and forum searching so maybe I'm just looking past certain things. Thank you all for your time and please help out. Lots of feedback would be nice.

davidthestud09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2009, 12:06 PM   #2
20K Club

Welcome to the scale world! There isn't going to be much "bolt-on" when you are working with new axles like that. You are going to have to mock them up and fab as you go. Trial and error is the way you learn.

The RC Bro's kit would be a decent start if you wanted to use the shackles and hangers though. Many times companys don't have the time to anwser questions that don't have to do with the specific intention of a product.

Check out the thread titled "Scale Carnage" in the general scale section. Those bodies are garbage and not worth the time. PM Freq E Tag if you are looking for a Blackfoot body, I know he has one he doesn't need.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote