Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: getting back into the game

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 08:18 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default getting back into the game

I'm running a txt-1 that I just built (last night) and am haven some issues with the electronics. Before I get to far in depth with this I want to say that this is a learning curve with this truck and I do not plan on going wild rite off the bat with this project. I have in it currently a single 55t lathe motor and a duratrax intellispeed esc that was just something to get me by in a 2.2 comp many years ago. I know my weak point is the dang esc it cuts out and in and seems to die at random times. I have seen these lathe motors move trucks twice as big as my txt rite up a wall. I have never been able to get that kind of power out of any crawler setups I have run even with my 2.2. It seems that there is plenty of torque on flat ground but on any kind of incline it just bogs down (with a full battery in it). My question is that with out going out and buyn a BL system what is the best way to get this motor to haul the mail? Im running 3300 packs that have little run time on them so I dont think its the battery.

thanks
RockRevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2009, 11:13 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

It could possibly be gearing it might be to high you may need a smaller pinion, also I don't know much about these trucks as I have never had a TXT but it is just a thought. i'm sure someone will have a little more info for you.
landon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 04:33 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

That could help abit I'm sure but the ESC I believe it just cant handle the lathe motor. I did some searching before I posted this but couldn't find any info on up to date ESC's Id like to get into it cheap with out haven to buy a whole new system just to go out and play.
RockRevolver is offline   Reply With Quote