Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Best Ready-To-Run Crawler?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 09:34 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

im getting the night crawler on christmas ive seen some comp crawlers(from losi) doing real well and being able to keep up with the moa's (motor on axle) crawlers...my friend has the axial rtc and he loves it i took it comping and it didnt do well maybe it was partially me but otherwise if you want a comp ready truck go with the losi night crawler if you plan on crawling around your back yard for right now and doing some light comping go with the rtc
NorCalScaleCrawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2009, 09:42 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalScaleCrawlers View Post
im getting the night crawler on christmas ive seen some comp crawlers(from losi) doing real well and being able to keep up with the moa's (motor on axle) crawlers...my friend has the axial rtc and he loves it i took it comping and it didnt do well maybe it was partially me but otherwise if you want a comp ready truck go with the losi night crawler if you plan on crawling around your back yard for right now and doing some light comping go with the rtc
what is light comping?
morg59jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:17 PM   #23
dnf

buy used!!! you can get a dialed axial cheap with quality elec. or losi comp crawlers are getting real cheap on the used market. but DONT wast your money on a rtr.or a MRC they cant do crap compared to a 2.2 and their a pain to work on. just to damn small.
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:57 PM   #24

i was wondering why the venom creeper isn't in the competition of starting RTR? is it bad or ok. And should i get a night crawler over a creeper?
mad4crawling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:45 AM   #25

Anyone have luck with the 1/8th scale iRock? It's only $275 RTR... My dad and I are looking to get started in crawling.
redswr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:30 PM   #26
Pebble Pounder

I would go with the Axial ax10 RTC. It's a fun rig.
Brett B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:27 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

I think all the RTR crawlers are probably about the same, for the most part they are there to help you make the choice as to how much you want to get in to the hobby. It's a lot easier for someone who is unsure to spend $350 bucks to see if they or their 12yr old is going to like it, than to spend $600 to $800 and say this is not for me. You will never get your money back that you have put in. For me, doing all the upgrades and mods is just as much fun as crawling, I started out basic with an RTC AX10 and I have built it into a pretty nice rig.
BLKXJ 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:38 AM   #28
Rock Crawler

honnestly, it is well worth it to buy a star to view the sale forum... the best move is to buy used because you can but a halfway good crawler w/ batteries and such for the same pricce as the rtr crawlers....just be sure to get a rig with good tires...dont buy one with rock lizards, hammers, flat irons, moabs, or badlands....if you do, imeadiately buy some hot bodies rovers, panther cougers or lepords, or even losi claws or comp claws.....

but best way to start is to buy used b/c if you dont like crawling, you can get more back from it than you would out of a stock rtr...

another option is to go to a few comps or gtg and make friends with the guys...then ask to drive one of their rigs so that you can get the feel for it.
ae racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:03 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

the night crawler looks promising for a rtr...I have to stick with the kits because i love to fabricate and cusomize as much as possible. Some times I just find a rig part by part
the3kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:21 PM   #30

The NightCrawler does a good job, it does lose some to my LCC but all in all its a great entry package.
av8rds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:28 PM   #31
dnf

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8rds View Post
The NightCrawler does a good job, it does lose some to my LCC but all in all its a great entry package.
did it come with 2.4?
Old 11-03-2009, 10:45 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

I'd go with the Axial RTC 1. cause it's not too pricey. 2. cause it looks cool. 3. It has Axial's new shocks on it, which from what I've heard is as smooth as butter.
THE CRAWLER KING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 06:54 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Drive someone elses rig, you'll know right away if you like it.
If you do, then go straight to a berg/bully or a losi.
47willysbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 07:17 PM   #34
Quarry Creeper

I would suggest introducing yourself in the Forum for your state.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/new-jersey/

Go to a comp and meet the people in person. Look at what the other drivers are driving. Usually someone will offer to let you drive their rig.

Than spend the $20 on a star and you can pick whatever you want in the 4 sale section for much cheaper than a RTR/RTC and it will usually be upgraded already.

I personally would grab a used Berg that includes electronics. Good luck and happy crawling.
69CrazyHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:08 PM   #35
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad4crawling View Post
i was wondering why the venom creeper isn't in the competition of starting RTR? is it bad or ok. And should i get a night crawler over a creeper?
The venom comes as a kit which you have to build and get all the electronics separately. I would get the creeper over the night crawler.
firekiddc02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:10 PM   #36
dnf

losi over creeper
1. worm gears,sweet
2. 2.4 radio,sweet
3. option to go moa,sweet
4. I hear the creepers axal housings are weak,cant take much abuse.
5. I believe available parts in future for losi to be better and more plentifull than creeper.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:36 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

REDSWR dont get the irock lots of bad review they make some good parts for accsesories but other then that they suck get yourself an axial rtc you will never look back on your purchase or spend a little bit more money and get the night crawler
NorCalScaleCrawlers is offline   Reply With Quote