Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2009, 04:11 PM   #41
RCC Addict

also this thread was started in electronics, then moved here.
indiana mudcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2009, 11:02 PM   #42
I wanna be Dave

true...

Toy RCs are where we pick up the bodies we use for our Hobby.
squatch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:47 AM   #43
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocktractor View Post
I think that what is particularly funny is that this is the Newbie thread where you aren't supposed to be flamed for even the oddest of questions. Guess the guys with unlimited budgets and years of experience forgot what it was like finding out things the hard way. I love this site, but some of you seem to have forgotten that most of us are grown men playing with toy trucks and ourselves are lucky to not be made fun of!!!
Hi Rocktractor, and welcome to the site. I am fairly new myself here so I don't think I am in the "years" of experience category, and I am a soldier in the U.S. Army with a wife who is planning a wedding. (Long story) So I definitely don't fall into the "unlimited budget" category is either.

I also think that if you read my posts in this thread as well as @chaseatthefield other 2 or 3 threads, you will find that they are very serious for the most part. In fact, I was the one in this thread that asked for clarification as to what he was trying to do by putting together multiple ESCs and Batteries. But some levity is necessary since, I believe, these threads weren't started in the newbie forums... they were started in the regular forums and moved here. (My apologies if this one wasn't).

In the end, to get back to the original topic, I do hope @chaseatthefield comes back and gives us more information about what he was envisioning regarding power sources and we can help him to help himself.
oSPANNERo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:06 AM   #44
www.team3sixrc.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocktractor View Post
I think that what is particularly funny is that this is the Newbie thread where you aren't supposed to be flamed for even the oddest of questions. Guess the guys with unlimited budgets and years of experience forgot what it was like finding out things the hard way. I love this site, but some of you seem to have forgotten that most of us are grown men playing with toy trucks and ourselves are lucky to not be made fun of!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseatthefield View Post
Im wondering if you can hook more than one esc's and battery packs together for example:4 esc's and 5 battery packs
Alright, I'll play nice because yes I do remember what it was like to be a newbie, But in that thought you have to remember that even as newbies we first start off by reading others posts as to find a direction to head in. even when I was messing around with a Kyosho Pure ten alpha EP rally car I didnt come on a forum and asked questions on how to wire up 4 ESC's and 5 Battery packs. obviously by that statement this individual realizes what an ESC is and a battery pack is but lacks the knowledge of its capabilities. There are rational questions and then there are out of left field questions and when a Newbie asks something that make little to no sense, they are just asking for a whirlwind on comments, harsh or not!
And its not about having an unlimited budget either. as a matter a fact I dont think there is anyone here that has an unlimited budget for RC Crawling! It takes a starter platform to get the inner workings of RC no matter what form of RC your looking at. and then from there its finding a direction to head in. once you have your self understanding and intrested in the ins and outs, even the most knowledgable RC'er can be confused in what direction to go or how to do something.

Example: I just recently came across a wiring problem. I have alot of years in RC under my belt from Racing at a pro level in touring, to building static designed crawlers. But somethimes the ole brain isnt registering the how too's to get the job done. I dont claim to know it all in any length, but I do use the search button and even page through other pages before I ask a question. and if I cant find it, Im not afraid to ask a question.

Furthermore on the subject of UNLIMITED BUDGETS, you'll come to find that once we are done with or want something new in a related field of RC, we are pack rats as we strip down what we need to keep and sell off the rest. if we all had unlimited budgets in this crawling, I think we would be all buying new everything everytime we built a new crawler!

Just remember that if you do ask a question, re-read it and think it through!

yes RC was built on experimentation but it takes the understanding and knowledge about how things work and what they do in order to achieve that!

In this case, chaseatthefield would of realized that and never asked the question to begin with! yes it can be done, but why?

As a Final note, I believe that our little community here is a pretty strong group of people, I have seen things here that I have never seen done by a group of people aimed at taking care of eachother. It makes me proud that I am involved with a community that would lend you the shirt off your back if need be.
There are alot of talented and smart people here who able to lend an ear or help you on your way.

You want toys, go to radio shack and wallmart and then ask them where is the forum for cutomer support is?
You want highly detailed, purpose built RC's that cost money out of our hard earned paychecks and blood, sweat, and tears of joy and failure that we pride ourselves with?
then this is where you want to be, sit back and pay attention.

Last edited by team3six; 11-02-2009 at 11:18 AM.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:04 PM   #45

i have been in tennessee thats why i havnt been on the site and i am only 12 and when i looked at all the stuff yall posted i never wanted to post anything else because it made me feel bad but i really am new to the website and the crawler thing so there really isnt any reason to make fun of me cause yall propoply had some of the same questions i wanted to know cause i didnt know if it wuz posable
chaseatthefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:35 PM   #46
www.team3sixrc.com

OK, thats fine!
So like I said, yes you can do it, but there is no reason to do it.
Plain and simple it has no use or pupose to crawling. depening on what you put in the crawler.
i.e. battery, ESC, Motor, ect. will give you an average run time.
it all depends on what you build and what type of crawler you build.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:12 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseatthefield View Post
i have been in tennessee thats why i havnt been on the site and i am only 12 and when i looked at all the stuff yall posted i never wanted to post anything else because it made me feel bad but i really am new to the website and the crawler thing so there really isnt any reason to make fun of me cause yall propoply had some of the same questions i wanted to know cause i didnt know if it wuz posable
I don't think anyone here wants you (or anyone) to feel about about being young, new and learning about this hobby. (If anyone was trying to do that, well now that this is in the newbie forum, they can be reported to the admins.)

We were all new at one point of course. Almost everyone here has spent many many hours searching through these posts to find answers to the questions we all had. If we still couldn't find the answer, then we tried to post the question.

Luckily on this forum, the newbie area is a flame free area. But please make sure you are searching through the existing threads to see if the question you have, has already been asked (and answered.)

Welcome to the forum, there's so much information here to help you on your way.
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:08 PM   #48

OK, since I'm the one who opened my big mouth, I MUST say I have seen a lot of comraderie on here. I have searched all over and not found better or more abundant information than on rccrawler. Which is why I said I love this site! For those who offer genuine advice and generously offer their parts for realistic prices, well done, and thank you! I'm done hijacking this post now SORRY chaseatthefield!!!
rocktractor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:11 PM   #49
Pebble Pounder

WOW!!!!!:?
Brett B. is offline   Reply With Quote