Old 11-02-2009, 03:54 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

x2 on the LOSI
morg59jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2009, 05:39 PM   #22
pjr
Pebble Pounder

I took my Losi and Axial to Harlan KY with me and converted a whole bunc of guys into the RC world.I also check out chit chat every day other than that I'm in the Toy section.I got a 85 4Runner on 40s.Try to wheel more than WEB WHEEL!
pjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:39 PM   #23
Rock Stacker

Looks like you did a bit of homework. I am going through the same things, but I have run nitro rc for a long time. Here are a couple of the things that might help you out and save some money at the same time. Ditch the rear steer a dig with a good crawler motor with rear wheels locked will turn really tights and it has so much more torque and can spin the wheels to turn so quickly it can get where ever you want to point it. The rear steer will make it so much tougher to learn to drive too. Also if you like the tuber look and that is what you are going for ditch the pro-line and buy a warthog chassis or an eclipse (real metal tube frames that are structural...not just a plastic bolt on). If your main reason for a tuber is because you are worried about body damage.....just find a crawler body you like and run it. The lexan bodies on RC cars will take abuse like you wouldn't believe. If you did the things to a 1:1 that an RC crawler will stand up to, the 1:1 would just be a little pile of bent up metal. In 20 years or fooling with RC cars....I generally find that most RC models (I have been involved with cars, planes and helicopters) are tougher than the real thing and will usually do things a real car/copter either couldn't do (because the power to weight ratios are usually so much higher in RC vehicles) or wouldn't do (because of the limitations of having a human pilot onboard). Once you start messing around with a crawler...you will be hooked. They are just minature versions of the real thing. Most of the technology is just as complex if not more than the real thing.
billm67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:15 AM   #24
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by billm67 View Post
Ditch the rear steer .
Both my 1:1 rigs have rear steer. I amknown for that, my RC has to have it too. Just me!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billm67 View Post
just find a crawler body you like and run it. The lexan bodies on RC cars will take abuse like you wouldn't believe..
Thanks, I will run a body.
John Galbreath Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:18 AM   #25
Rock Stacker

I am changing my mind more than my wife!!

Scrap the Axial and go with a berg. Looking at this kit:

http://www.tcscrawlers.com/Enroute-B...p-p-16898.html

Thanks OldHippie.

Also going with a 4PK.

Thanks Harley.

I will start another thread after I do more studying on that setup. But would love to get ideas.

Thanks guys for keeping me pointed in the right direction. Changing my mind now is FREE.
John Galbreath Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote