Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: venom or axial

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 08:31 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default venom or axial

Hello I am a newbie to the crawling scene and am torn between the venom and the axial I really like the price of the venom but to sure witch way to go.I hope uall can push me in the right direction.To me the venom looks like the way to go but would love more input hope to make purchase soon thanks for the info.
S ARR T 8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2009, 08:42 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Axial

The Axial AX10 RTC is what i got. It's a good rig for the price.
Brett B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:00 AM   #3
RCC Addict

One of my crawling buddies has a venom and it does awesome. I would definitely suggest going that route.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:25 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

The venon's biggest problem is aftermarket support, or the extreme lack of...
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:34 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
The venon's biggest problem is aftermarket support, or the extreme lack of...

X2

I had my mind set on a Venom Creeper until I did a little research and found out none of my LHS carried parts and the aftermarket was not making a lot of parts either. Thats why I chose Axial.
BLKXJ 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:40 PM   #6

have an axial and i love it
my dad has the venom and he hates it it breaks every freakin time we go crawl
cody428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:01 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

AXIAL! only way to go for a noob! i got one when i was a noob, still have it over a year later they are verry tough axles and tranny get new drive shafts and its gold!
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:18 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

From what I've seen axial is the way to go. Even when the venom was highly upgraded it still could not compete with the almighty axial. I liked the price of the venom too but it's not the way to go.
THE CRAWLER KING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:23 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Ive seen a venom crawl in person, with a home built stage 2 kit, some rovers, and a few free mods. It performs exceptionally well, dang near what my MOA LCC can do. After seeing it run theres no way id ever buy an Axial ARTR/RTC again. Now that the dig unit is out, lookout Axial guys. Dont mind all the Axial fanboys. To get the same level of performance the axial will definitely cost you more money in the long run vs a creeper.

Last edited by Obeast44; 11-02-2009 at 09:25 PM.
Obeast44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:35 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

I have an axial ax-10 it crawler and it does alroght. Got a venom building it but waiting on parts. I like the venom more already...but time will tell.
derek_18mt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:11 PM   #11
dnf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obeast44 View Post
Ive seen a venom crawl in person, with a home built stage 2 kit, some rovers, and a few free mods. It performs exceptionally well, dang near what my MOA LCC can do. After seeing it run theres no way id ever buy an Axial ARTR/RTC again. Now that the dig unit is out, lookout Axial guys. Dont mind all the Axial fanboys. To get the same level of performance the axial will definitely cost you more money in the long run vs a creeper.

HEY, ITS TIME TO WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,dude you must be dreaming.
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:31 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

I like the scx-10 kit over the ax10, or the venom. the reason is:
out of the box it is very capable, suspension geometry is much better than the standard ax. Add 4inch shocks and 2.2 tires and wheels (which youll replace on any of the ax, artr, or rtc anyway) and it will run with the best of them at a moderate-novice level. and if you decide to go comp you will switch chassis anyways. This way you still have a chassis that someone will want on ebay and help recoop some cost.
the venom just doesnt have the aftermarket
rocresq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 06:53 AM   #13
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock hard View Post

HEY, ITS TIME TO WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,dude you must be dreaming.
My mistake, you know everything. My bad. Were you there when I witnessed what this creeper could do? Didnt think so. Get off your Axial fanboy highhorse and learn what your talking about. If you want to try and justify spending more money and getting less performance then by all means go ahead. The OP asked, and I gave a real world account of what ive seen. Clearly your insight into this whole matter must be pure genius. Please enlighten us all.
Obeast44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:43 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

Thanks for all the info orderd a red creeper lastnight from PPR hobbies cant wait to build this thing.Thanks for all the help I will deffinatly be using this site for the building tips this is one great site thanks again.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:23 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

I was at CKRC today and they were talking about a new version of the creaper due out next month, supposed to have a built-in dig, so you might want to wait on that.

The creaper might just be my next crawler, mainly due to the price.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:09 PM   #16
dnf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obeast44 View Post
My mistake, you know everything. My bad. Were you there when I witnessed what this creeper could do? Didnt think so. Get off your Axial fanboy highhorse and learn what your talking about. If you want to try and justify spending more money and getting less performance then by all means go ahead. The OP asked, and I gave a real world account of what ive seen. Clearly your insight into this whole matter must be pure genius. Please enlighten us all.

how many axials have made it to the top of a state or national event?
how many creepers?
axial is time,comp,testad and proven. the creeper may be a ok crawler but it cant hold a candle to a axial.
the axial axles are perfect,the trans is awesome.
in my opinion no rtr chassis is any good so your really just buying the axles and trans anyways.
now parts support,again no comparison.the aftermarket parts support for the axial is unmatched to any other shafty.
but by all means,go get yourself a creeper,I am sure it will crawl.but how long till you break it?and a year from now,if they dont gain in popularity,who will be making the alum parts,axle shafts,ect.that you will be needing?if someone wants a shafty--go axial or losi.I have more faith of future parts support from losi than venom.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:29 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

Holy Cow thanks for all the input,I did order a creeper from ppr cant wait till it gets here.Thanks again for your support I am sure to have many more ? down the road.Actually being new I have alot of ?s but surfing around here I you guys have already answerd most of them thanks.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:44 AM   #18
Rock Stacker

Good luck to you. Start searching now in the Venom section now, it may help you later.
davidsc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:08 AM   #19
dnf

Quote:
Originally Posted by S ARR T 8 View Post
Holy Cow thanks for all the input,I did order a creeper from ppr cant wait till it gets here.Thanks again for your support I am sure to have many more ? down the road.Actually being new I have alot of ?s but surfing around here I you guys have already answerd most of them thanks.
for your first truck you are probably good.
i just question futur parts support,and the amount of ABUSE it can handle.
also it is a good idea to run what most others in your group are.
this way you can help each other out-cvd's,knuckls,axlr housings,ect.
my first truck was a w.king-the creeper is much better.
bestv advice i can give you going forward. see if you have the bug,go to a couple of comps. if you know you want to.spend only what you got to and that can go on a futur truck---lipo-300+oz servo,quality esc,3CH RADIO 2.4 and of course anything you break. but save for a moa if you really want to jump in. the axles are tough as nails=no broken axle housing.
good luck