Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Newbie here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2009, 08:32 PM   #1

Default Newbie here.

New here and thinking about getting into the sport. I have wheeled full sized rigs for awile but it is getting way too expensive. I seen the Extreme 4x4 episode about these rigs and thought it would be a good way to get my "fix" on the cheap. I would like to start fairly easy and wor from there. Ultimately I want to replicate my old full size rig. So I guess my first question would be, what kit to buy? I like the Axial RTC for $240.00 but not sure if that is the best one to start wih. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Doug
rebel GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2009, 08:52 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Hey Doug, Im in the same boat as you are and a big fan of the 1:1 rigs. I picked up an RTC a few weeks ago, The mods for this thing are endless. It can be pretty much made into whatever you want. Hit your local hobby shop and check out some crawlers, I chose the AX10 becaues of all the parts that are offered.
BLKXJ 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 08:59 PM   #3

Yeah I think that is the one I will be getting as well. I still can't figure out how they make them look like the real thing. I mean the detail is incredible. I do a lot of model RR and build many model cars but at 1/10 scale I can't find anything I like.
rebel GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:23 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

If you want more of a "real look", you may want to check out one of these.

http://www.axialracing.com/ftp/scx10tr/index.html
BLKXJ 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:31 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Welcome Doug,
while i dont think this hobby is very cheap(it is compared to full size rigs), it is one that while you can dump a whole lot into a rig at one time and think it will crawl better than someone elses, it all comes down to practice. Easing into it with a rtr like the previously mentioned scx10 tr, and then as you learn more you can do the more important upgrades first. and than after that your imagination is the limit to what you can build. Especially scalers
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 02:31 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Go with the Axial SCX10 kit and make your own rig. There are tons of hardbodies to choose from and the hard bodies are what you want if you are looking for high levels of detail. Just look through the SCX10 picture sticky in the SCX10 section of the forum to see the possibilities.
BadRockNoCookie is offline   Reply With Quote