Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: My first crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2009, 04:55 AM   #1

Default My first crawler

I'm looking at getting into crawling. but I have a few questions..

first. I'm thinking about doing a kit build. and I like the price and what the axial ax10 ARTR has has. although it does not have a dig like the LCC does. is a dig inportant? I read somewhere that you cant use digs in 2.2 comps is that true?

second. I've also read that the ax10 cant keep up with the losi LCC without droping a ton into it as upgrades. is this true or just losi lovers bragging?

third. I'm looking at the tekin FX-R and a 45+t motor. is that a good system to comp with? it's not a bad price.

I'm not looking to be the best out of the gate. in fact what I want is a crawler that can just hang out right now. if I enjoy it. then I would want to get comp ready. I've read the ARTR is almost comp ready. what do you think? ARTR,Tekin FX-R, new shoes and a dig?
Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2009, 06:27 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

The losi is a better comp rig but the worm drives put alot of strain on the esc/motor. I don't recommend them for bashing. The axial is a proven rig with tons of aftermarket support. They hold up well bashing. If ya want to comp go moa.
Dig is allowed in 2.2 comps, 4ws is not.
The fxr/45t combo is the best bang for the buck out there imho. Got two in my comp rig.
ARTR,Tekin FX-R, lipo 3cell, 300+oz servo, rovers and a dig is a good start.
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 06:31 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
I'm looking at getting into crawling. but I have a few questions..

first. I'm thinking about doing a kit build. and I like the price and what the axial ax10 ARTR has has. although it does not have a dig like the LCC does. is a dig inportant? I read somewhere that you cant use digs in 2.2 comps is that true?

second. I've also read that the ax10 cant keep up with the losi LCC without droping a ton into it as upgrades. is this true or just losi lovers bragging?

third. I'm looking at the tekin FX-R and a 45+t motor. is that a good system to comp with? it's not a bad price.

I'm not looking to be the best out of the gate. in fact what I want is a crawler that can just hang out right now. if I enjoy it. then I would want to get comp ready. I've read the ARTR is almost comp ready. what do you think? ARTR,Tekin FX-R, new shoes and a dig?

Front and Rear dig is legal in 2.2 competition per the USRCCA rules.
http://www.usrcca.com/usrcca_rules_2...-09-master.pdf
Local organizations can stray from the rules so you will need to check.

The AX-10 is a great rig to start with and I really like the Tekin FXR ESC .
The Losi is also a great truck and has dig but IMHO you should go with a Tekin ESC and sensored 17.5 brushless setup with the Losi.
Another option especially with you wanting to start with a kit is to build a Berg.I really like MOA over the shaft trucks.
joesbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote