Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Basic TLT-1 questions?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2004, 09:54 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Basic TLT-1 questions?

I'm in the market for one, and my GF said she would get it for my b-day. I have never really been into RC's or even had many. So I'm a lil clueless as far as the difference between things or what to get. So if you guys would help me out that would be great!

I just want like a beginners setup. whatever doesn't come in the package. Which IIRC is the motor, controller, battery and charger?

What motor...that's reasonibly priced?

Controller (I'm not sure if I want like the joystick type, or the other kind, because I have like a cheap one with the wheel and it's hard to get used to for me).

Batteries or charger?

Some other things I wanna ask....

Anyone make a toyota truck body?

TIA for everything guys...

Will
CuriousGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2004, 05:35 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Basic TLT-1 questions?

Does thi kit have enough to get started for now or is there somethings you would change?

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...amp;I=LZ0370**
Old 10-19-2004, 05:47 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousGeorge
Does thi kit have enough to get started for now or is there somethings you would change?

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...amp;I=LZ0370**
thats every thing you need for a RTR truck if you want a stick radio i have one i could sell to you its a 4channel so when you get heavily into the rockcrawling you can have independant 4wheel-steer that tlt does come RTR but not for crawlin you need to modifie it a little you will find out once you start doing it remember if you want the stick radio PM okey-doe-key
bigred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 05:50 PM   #4

I just bought one from http://www.ultimatehobbies.com//p609.html for $99.95 plus free shipping until 10/31/04. You will need a ESC, any 27 turn 540 motor will work, you will have to either make a 7.2v battery pack or buy the special TLT-1 pack, one servo (or two servos for 4ws) and a reciever. That should get you started basically. For the battery charger, you can either buy an overnight charger (cheapest) or a peak charger for fast charging. Hope that helps you a little. My TLT-1 should be here tommorow, so hopefully I'll get a little more knowledge and be able to answer better next time. Hopefully someone in here will help you out also.
Advanex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 06:08 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Only thing I know I would like different is a controller (guess same as a radio) is one with the joysticks.

I don't know if that stuff that is in that kit is good or cheap. I do plan to upgrade later down the road but for right now I just plan to crawl over stuff like around the house or outside, not really hardcore yet.

I would like to be able to play with it for awhile or atleast not have to wait all day for the batteries to charge.

I would rather buy a kit that has everything but I don't think that's really going to work.
Old 10-20-2004, 07:54 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

i have a 4channel futaba hardly used come with every thing you need pm if intrested
bigred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 10:11 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

Parma makes a Toyota body called the "Tundra" for maxx sized vehicles in either an electric or nitro version. It looks exactly like a 89-94 toyota pickup extra cab with glassworks fiberglass desert kit on the front and standard flared fenders in the back. I run this body on my TLT and it looks perfect with a 12" wheelbase
motiracer38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 12:02 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

Thanks for the info so far....

looks like I got to wait a week after my b-day to buy it. I'm getting just the kit without the stuff that you need extra.

Now it comes down to what I actually need. I'm trying to build this on a cheap budget. I mean I don't wanna the cheapest stuff that will break but I don't need the high end stuff either.

I'm just really looking for someone to really pick out some good stuff (not the best but not like shitty either). 540 motor, radio (joystick type), ESC, and charger.....I wanna try to keep it around $150 if I can.