Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Noob with first crawler ISSUES-> Losi Night Crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2009, 03:08 PM   #1

Exclamation Noob with first crawler ISSUES-> Losi Night Crawler

I recently got a Losi Night Crawler, this is my very first crawler and also my first real electric(all nitro previously), so please forgive my newbie questions.

-I think the ESC may be defective in mine, whats the symptoms I should be looking for? BTW, it has very little run time on it

-Also just saw that Losi is giving away FREE LiPo with purchase of Night/Comp Crawlers. . . does anyone know how I can get one?

-If I get a LiPo battery, what kind/type of charger should I look into getting? Brand/Model #s would be helpful. Balancer??? Right now I'm still on the NiCd/NiMH stage.
Javage is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2009, 09:35 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Hey, i just got mine here yesterday, ive been rcing for over 25 years. Ill try and help ya. So whats the problem your seeing with your esc? And for the lipo you need to contact the hobby shop (online store) u got it from and they will have to order it, but it will be free. The only thing i didnt like so far is the servo delay, i replaced it with a hitec 645 servo, and to save on your run time you can un hook the lights from the reciver (top plug 2 wires) for day running. Im planning on getting a little power switch for turning the lights on and off.
Bubba73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:15 PM   #3

Heres my issue:

When I have the steering turned(any direction) and give it Forward throttle, the throttle takes command and straightens out the steering--with me still holding the wheel turned. When I release the throttle(still holding wheel turned) the wheels will turn as normal. . . Give it throttle again and try to steer and it goes straight until I let off throttle, but now when I do the same procedure in Reverse it acts properly.

This is a ESC issue, right?
Old 12-01-2009, 06:32 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Actuall no its not. First try screwing the screw a little bit tighter on the steering servo. Mine was a bit loose. And did you replace the servo woth a different one, or is it stock. try that and get back to me.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:37 AM   #5

Servo arm is tight, any tighter and it would probably break/crack the horn. Stock servo, btw.

Steering works fine, until I have the steering turned then give it throttle-- as soon as I release the throttle(steering is still being turned on remote) the steering goes back to turned position.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:15 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

My guess is a bec problem. The esc internal bec isn't powerful enough the run the servo and throttle. A ccbec will solve that problem. You're gonna need one as ya upgrade anyway.
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:41 PM   #7

Well upgrades may be in my future, but I would like to have this thing running properly and get to try it out before I spent more monies. . . I didn't buy it just to swap all the stock RTR parts and upgrade them, I would have bought the Comp if that was my intentions.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:36 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Say I'd run it by the hobby shop ya bought it from, any quality hobbyshop will back a new pice of equipment. Unless ya got it off the net.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:08 PM   #9

Ya I bought it New from a hobby shop, but off eBay hobby store. . .
Old 12-02-2009, 07:08 PM   #10
RCC Addict

try getting in touch with losi, they have good customer service.
JOOTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:35 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOOTZ View Post
try getting in touch with losi, they have good customer service.
Ya I sent Richard an email, he said to call customer service. . . in the past Horrizon Hobbies have been some trouuble when helping me with Spektrum issues.