Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Hello, I am a simi newbie and have a ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2009, 12:42 PM   #1

Default Hello, I am a simi newbie and have a ?

Hello, I am not to informed of the crawler side of R/C. I do have a Wheelyking that I turned into a crawler so I do have some experiance. I am wanting to get a new crawler and I am wonderin in anyones opinion what I sould get into, I do want a kit because I want the thrill of building the truck not just running it. I have been looking at a Venom creeper, of course the AX10 line of crawlers, and just about any others out there on the market and need some advise on what I should venture into. I am on a budget so I also have to factor that in as well. Any advise and tips are very much appreciated. Thanks and I am new to this site so I look foward to getting as much info on here as possible
ccas09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2009, 01:43 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

i would definetly look into the venom creeper they recently came out with better parts for it so its now a very capable truck the venom creeper might be alittle more complicated to build if you dont have the right tools the ax10 is always fun to build and has great results the venom is a little cheeper but you will end up putting in alot of money no matter which route you take as to getting a kit truck i would start off with a axial rtc its a great beginer truck and my friend comps with it sometimes and it realy surprises me i would go with an axial rtc if i was you
NorCalScaleCrawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:45 PM   #3
www.team3sixrc.com

Well I think you best bet in way of money, versatility, and parts options would have to be on the AX10 kit.
depends on if your looking for scaler or rock crawler to decide don a kit best for you. but in the long run, you cant go wrong!
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:49 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Hello there,

If you're looking for information on crawling and the different crawlers available you've definately come to the right place, so welcome to the board

How tight your budget is will go a long way in determining which direction you go from here.

You already have a wheely king so I'm guessing you're familiar with how shaft driven crawlers run. If you want to stay in shaft driven, then it's hard to go wrong with the offerings from axial. Good quality components with tons of aftermarket support when it comes time to upgrade different parts.

If you're looking for a change from shaft driven, there are a few choices for MOA rigs. The Berg axles have been around for awhile now and have some good aftermarket parts available; but there's also the bully axles that are a more recent appearence. MOA will usually (there are exceptions to every rule) run more money than a shafty though so there is that to consider.

I have no first hand experience with the venom crawler, but I have to say that most of what I've seen points to problems with the axles, and as a newer truck after market parts aren't as readily available as for the axial or the berg.

This board has sub forums for all of the above mentioned trucks that have tons of builds and information on the plusses and minuses of all. Look around and ask tons of questions.
Nate08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:53 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Default x2

I would also recommend the AX10 kit! I love mine, with a couple slight mods it crawls very well (as soon as you put some real tires on it!) Others here, would strongly recommend the Losi crawler kit as well, from what I've heard it's pretty awesome. Just can't recommend it out of personal experience.(sniff sniff)
Col. Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:02 PM   #6

Thanks alot guys, I do like the venom because of the price tag. On the other hand I love my wheelyking and do like shaft driven rigs. I am really starting to lean towards ax10 line. I am also looking at the losi nightcrawler because I am seeing around here that its a pretty good RTR crawler with some very attractive mods, it just means that I cant put it all together..but I can always tear it down and rebuild it as many times as I want to. I will continue to creep around the fourms and eventually I will find a rig thats right for me. Thanks guys
ccas09 is offline   Reply With Quote