Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: dx6i setup

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2009, 12:29 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default dx6i setup

So i recently picked up a dx6i and at first i was a little overwhelmed by it. it is much larger than i would have guessed just by looking at the pictures. anyways, i picked this up because i wanted something with more than 3 channels in case i decide to get a little crazy down the road. but for right now i really only need three channels, so i was thinking of setting up the left U/D as the throttle, the right L/R as the steering, and the right U/D as the dig. is this somewhat conventional? i figure at a later time i will be able to use the left L/R as the rear steer or something like that, and i will still have two channels that can operate two position stuff.

this also came with an AR6200 reciever, and honestly i know nothing about recievers, is this a good reciever for a crawler? it seems odd to have the two pieces linked together, almost like it is too much for a ground vehicle. should i just run it anyways, or can i just remove half of it?

also, it is just me, or do the pointy ends of the stick start to rub the ends of your thumbs raw after awhile.
Donahue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2009, 01:08 PM   #2
On the lookout for Rocks

The AR6200 is a good receiver. It has an separate antenna that plugs into it. This gives it some dual redundancy....specially for planes. I don't believe that the Tx will link up to the Rx without it...give it a try and see what happens. I think I forgot to plug it in on mine before and I racked my brains to figure out what was going on. The sticks only rub baby fingers raw....
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:24 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Throttle on the left stick and steering on the right is the conventional way to do it.
I use AR6200s in my crawler and B4 buggy. Some people have posted on airplane forums that you can disconnect the second receiver, but I've not tried it myself.
You can unscrew the stick ends, then rub the pointy bits down with fine sandpaper.
clockworks is offline   Reply With Quote