Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: neeed help getting started

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 12:57 AM   #1

Default neeed help getting started

hey im 17 almost 18 and i wanna get into scalers but i have no clue where to start. i have a jeep cherokee but i cant afford the body. if anyone has and advice where i should start itd be nice. and if anyone has any old parts that they would sell for cheap to get me going thatd be really awesome.
thanks a bunch
nate
iamnate226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2010, 08:36 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnate226 View Post
hey im 17 almost 18 and i wanna get into scalers but i have no clue where to start. i have a jeep cherokee but i cant afford the body. if anyone has and advice where i should start itd be nice. and if anyone has any old parts that they would sell for cheap to get me going thatd be really awesome.
thanks a bunch
nate
Welcome.
Your best friend right now, then, would be the Scale Section(s): read, read, read! This bored has so much information it's amazing, and sometimes overwhelming (and honestly, you'll get the best reception from the knowledgeable veterans here if you make just a little effort to educate yourself with the knowledge here by Searching [Advanced Searching is good too]).
You'll have an idea when you have a baseline from which to start asking specific questions, because you'll start having specific questions.

One place to start: you have a 1:1 Cherokee that you can't afford, or you have an RC Cherokee body and need help from there...? What's the size of that body or, do you have a "size" in mind?

The Forum Rules are also good to know.
JeepinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:18 PM   #3

well i have a 1998 cherokee that i rebuilt the motor in cause it was blown, and i thought it wud be awesome to doa 1:1 of it. but thats way outa my price range
iamnate226 is offline   Reply With Quote