Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Is there a shocks/suspension thread??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2010, 05:28 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Is there a shocks/suspension thread??

Hey just wondering why there isn't a suspension thread ? I'm having trouble with my droop and 4links and watnot and think it's wierd that there isn't a thread for it right under wheels and tires or somewhere? Could some one redirect me if there is? I don't want to just post it up in the 1.9 section(even tho that's where all my posting goes) if that's cool tho let me know cus I have alot of questions about my setup and wonderig about other stuff aswell. Currently working on a scaler but my front droop literally doesn't do what it's supposed to and a few other things. Thanks guys
Tmods is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2010, 12:16 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Anti Squat and Suspension Tech
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:37 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Doesn't really answer my question but that's for the input
Old 01-22-2010, 06:17 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

The only question I saw was: Is there a shocks/suspension thread??

That thread has some good information on how to setup a suspension. So I'm not sure how it doesnt answer your question...
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:37 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Pictures and specific details are what is needed to help you out. Droop 101: make the shocks as vertical as possible. Open up the triangulation of the links if possible. That should be the start point and you can adjust from there.
jrkilburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:01 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Sorry guys I should have added a little more Info but I was mainly looking for a thread on droop or suspension setups instead of posting my questions in a new thread. my rig useta be 2.2 but is now 1.9. It's got stock axial shocks with pen springs for internal springs with 30 weight oil. It worked good with 2.2's but When I switched to 1.9 wheels it didn't matter how much weight I had in the wheels the suspension just wouldn't work the same, especially the front. I'm also now running a pede tranny above the front axles and using the axial tranny as a transfer case. Since my changes the front suspension won't work at all, the back works a bit but the front shocks stay closed at all times so it hardly articulates. How can I get my it all working again? My bottom links front and rear are as far wide as they'll go (mounted outside of the original mounts on axial axles) the tops are as wide as they'll go aswell. Should I try different shock oil or maybe even no oil? The rear shocks are mounted inside the framerails and fronts are outside. Is maybe my front end too heavy? I don't want to take out the pede tranny from upfront because I can't run a spur gear in the original spot because of my interior. Any advice would be awesome thanks. Also what is anti squat? That link confuses the hell outta me honestly.

Last edited by Tmods; 01-22-2010 at 07:37 AM.