Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: VENOM CREEPER - Pros & Cons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2010, 06:05 AM   #1

Default VENOM CREEPER - Pros & Cons

I'm looking at possibly getting a Venom Creeper and want to know from those who have them as to what are the Pros & cons of this crawler.
I like the price and it seems to be constructed well but does the Creeper have any bugs in it?
Any good mods ya'll could recommend?

THANX

Last edited by LURP DOG; 01-21-2010 at 08:35 AM.
LURP DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2010, 12:03 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LURP DOG View Post
I'm looking at possibly getting a Venom Creeper and want to know from those who have them as to what are the Pros & cons of this crawler.
I like the price and it seems to be constructed well but does the Creeper have any bugs in it?
Any good mods ya'll could recommend?

THANX
Shoot down to the Venom creeper section and have a real good read. There are even a few threads that cover exactly what you are asking and a comparison to the AX-10.

It is a good crawler out of the box and a lot better with a few simple and inexpensive mods.
Simon.O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:56 PM   #3
smr
Rock Stacker

What Simon Said

I jsut bought a creeper after reading the Venom section. It sounded like right one for me and although Im still building it Im real happy so far. I got a kit that isnt missing screws and I purchased a few cheap upgrades like locker, suspension stuff, etc..everything fit and finish wise is real good. I dont have experience with it vs. another crawler yet but i have driven a Losi NC and a Losi mini crawler and friend just got the Axial Scorpion and I think i like some of the things on the Venom better so far...plus building it is fun.
smr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:20 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

The Creeper is a good kit, and a good value. It crawls really good straight out of the box...better than an Axial. Even with a stick pack mounted in the stock location it has a low center of gravity. It has really soft springs that allow for alot of articulation. The stock tires work pretty good on some surfaces, just trim the foam a little and drill holes in the rims. The only problems I have had so far are the shocks, the driveshafts, and the selectable lockers. The little clips holding the piston in the shocks keep popping off so I keep popping them back on (no damage). The front driveshaft broke but you can upgrade those with Pede shafts or some aluminum ones off eBay made for a Tamiya CR-01 (I just ordered some, we'll see). The front selectable locker wouldn't lock so I just took it apart and Super Glued it in the locked position and it has held up fine. Also, watch that the little pins in the CV joints don't come out. But overall it's a great crawler for the price.
tpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 05:33 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

It is a great crawler. Just read and spend a little money on the normal upgrades like: fml lockers, stage 2 setup, better drive shafts, and better tires. other than that you are set to go.... Plus with the creeper you don't waste a ton of time trying to get rid of torque twist. Axials are nice, but I hate the floating right front tire bs lol. Everyone of the local crawlers are super impressed with my creeper... that says alot when it comes from custom setups and Burg guys
ib99rt is offline   Reply With Quote