Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Show them to me noobs, show me the Emaxxs stock, well close

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2006, 01:32 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Show them to me noobs, show me the Emaxxs stock, well close

I would like to see what people have come up with using as little money as possible

So of course not totally stock, but close to it....Just want pix of Emaxxs that are not all chopped up and have 4-link systems, but still can run with the ones that have 4-links

what i am looking for is modded options for mounting shocks for better flex on a stock Emaxx, w/o having to go to the 4-link and total chop of the emaxx

Still researching the idea of a crawler, trying to find out the best and cheapest way to build a crawler....A) Emaxx B) just buy a chassis and build it up

Thanks guys any suggestions and lots of pictures would help

I LOVE PICTURES
Jeepernick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2006, 04:27 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepernick
Just want pix of Emaxxs that are not all chopped up and have 4-link systems, but still can run with the ones that have 4-links
That's not possible.
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 08:03 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
I would like to see what people have come up with using as little money as possible

So of course not totally stock, but close to it....Just want pix of Emaxxs that are not all chopped up and have 4-link systems, but still can run with the ones that have 4-links

what i am looking for is modded options for mounting shocks for better flex on a stock Emaxx, w/o having to go to the 4-link and total chop of the emaxx

Still researching the idea of a crawler, trying to find out the best and cheapest way to build a crawler....A) Emaxx B) just buy a chassis and build it up

Thanks guys any suggestions and lots of pictures would help

I LOVE PICTURES
do you mean you want to keep the stock independent suspension versus a 4 link/s.a.s.? if so, you can crawl with that, but not even close to what a 4 link/s.a.s. can do.

and most of the fun in building a maxx crawler is chopping it up! and you can whip out a chassis yourself using materials from any local hardware store and keep the cost way down. check out the 'how to build a maxx crawler' sticky at the top of maxx forum page if you haven't already.
gregrocks90046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 08:21 AM   #4
Colt Python/SR9c

go look in the maxx gallery and read the stickies up top

an IFS rig can not compete with a SA rig
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 11:39 AM   #5
RCC Addict

I know I know, but I was just wondering if there was a way to get better flex out of the indepent, I am looking at buying a Emaxx but I just dont have the money to chop it up and buy one, so I would love the 4-link front and rear it is just money that is holding me back

so there is no way to remount shocks or anything just using the stock parts and fabing up a little something for more flex????

I have read the sticky up top and seen all the pix, you guys have some tightness rigs, just I dont have the money to buy a Emaxx and pimp it out all at once

Thanks
Old 01-07-2006, 11:54 AM   #6
Colt Python/SR9c

Kevinlongisland did it to his maxx a few years ago, but since he ditched it. Said it wasn't much better than stock and wasn't worth the work.. save up and build it right the first time
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 12:36 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCreations
Kevinlongisland did it to his maxx a few years ago, but since he ditched it. Said it wasn't much better than stock and wasn't worth the work.. save up and build it right the first time
Well for sure, I was hoping to just do mods to the suspension that didnt cost anything (like relocation of any types), and then slowly build it up for a custom chassis and 4link it and all that great stuff

Just know that i dont want to start out with a chassis and spend 800$ and still not have a running rig, I want a Emaxx because I can get it out and start playing with it and build on it slowly, not have a project rig that never gets down because it cost to much

Thanks for any ideas guys
Old 01-07-2006, 12:54 PM   #8
RCC Addict

like i said, there is no reason why you can't build your own chassis and links for next to nothing.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:06 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregrocks90046
like i said, there is no reason why you can't build your own chassis and links for next to nothing.
Yeah but i got to get a Emaxx 1st, if this is the route i will go

Just trying to research and see what the best way is, for me.

I really would like to just buy a Emaxx and have fun with it and slowly build it up to a Max Crawler, we will see what i end up doing, still trying to figure it out and get money together
Old 01-07-2006, 03:12 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

RC Crawling isn't a cheap hobby, Why are there so many Hebs trying to get into it. Save your money and make it right the first time. If you can't fab stuff find another hobby, this one is all about fabbin parts.
Just say no to RTR Crawlers.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 03:27 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Yeah but i got to get a Emaxx 1st, if this is the route i will go

Just trying to research and see what the best way is, for me.

I really would like to just buy a Emaxx and have fun with it and slowly build it up to a Max Crawler, we will see what i end up doing, still trying to figure it out and get money together
well, if money is the problem, you could get a nylint at wal-mart. i hear they are on sale for $75. and that will out crawl a maxx with independent suspension.
Old 01-07-2006, 04:32 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Sad thing, for the most part my slightly modded nylint did everything my stock maxx did. Maxx is in a few big parts because I've kinda run out of stuff I can do before spending money. I think I'm still a little under $500 including purchase of the truck. I did rough cut the chassis parts today, need hardware and aluminum now.
Trike Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 07:01 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Not looking for something dirt cheap like a Nylint that will only last so long and then be junk

just want something I can build off of and I think the Emaxx is good for that because it comes RTR and very modable
Old 01-09-2006, 09:58 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Not looking for something dirt cheap like a Nylint that will only last so long and then be junk

just want something I can build off of and I think the Emaxx is good for that because it comes RTR and very modable
TLT-1...but none of this is cheap in the long run...just build a little at a time...you can run stock for a bit and then go from there...
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 06:46 PM   #15

man the e-maxx has everything you need just buy it, spend thirty bucks in tubing and other random stuff, build the chassis play with the e-maxx and then go frankenstein on it!
hemorrageman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 07:52 PM   #16

If you look up RC HOBBY in the Dictionary, it say ON GOING EXPENSE.
E-Maxx Racer is offline   Reply With Quote