Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Wal-Mart to Crawler Conversion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 09:31 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by duuuuuuuude View Post
not really. I was thinking of one with lasers and crazy tribal art engraved on the handle, and allows the weilder to transcend time and space and date 6 super-models at a time while driving a bugatti. That is a kick-ass spoon.
47willysbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2010, 11:13 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

WTF duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude you got somekind of a fawking book of jokes, you say the funniest shit.

oh yeah about this thread i wanna see that 150mph snowmobile, i bet if you go 2mph more you'de be back to the future.
ped453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:32 PM   #23

Good luck with the build. i started crawling about 2 years ago and wanted to do one like that to save money. Don't! If you want to build something go to a crawler shop buy the stuff you want and put a that body on it. Make the sick thing you want that way!
90superkracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:49 PM   #24
Gold Star Baby!

duuuuuuuude i want a spoon like that
crawlinbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 03:34 AM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Just have fun man

Its where you are starting on the learning curve. You can only go up from there! We all started somewhere and if we had people kicking us and telling us that our ideas sucked, we might have just given up. But most of us that get kicked just come back a little tougher and a little smarter than before. So just learn from what these guys here are telling you and do what you think is right.

Again, Have Fun! Its a hobby
Rig Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 04:31 AM   #26
RCC Addict

Kinda like modding a Nylint... I modded the piss outta mine... just stick around the forum, and keep up with all the "new" things that get discussed, and I'll garuntee you'll be after something new
grob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:20 PM   #27

Default Hah

:P So this idea went down the drain... Im going to buy a Nylint crawler, W/o shocks and body. See what I can do with THAT --All For 30 bucks, back off its mine.
Climber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:26 PM   #28

Default also

ALSO, Let the record show, I am dirt poor. Got 30 bucks to my name, and thats going into that nylint.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:55 AM   #29
Rock Crawler

Climber, calm down, relax buddy. We understand your mission, and the cost issue, get an inexpensive RC vehicle to start with, and upgrade when you get a little more cash, bit by bit, right! There is nothing wrong with that idea at all. Lots of us started the same way. It's a good learning experience, and can be a lot of fun, trying to get the best out of it on a tight budget.
You may or may not understand, the difference between Toy and Hobby quality equipment, New Bright, Nikko, Nylint ect. are all Toy quality, these companies do not make spare parts or upgrades for their products.There are lots of hobby quality parts that could be used to modify one of these vehicles, and lots of guys have done it, but in the end, it will never come close to, or perform like, even the cheapest hobby quality rig.
If you shop around, you can get a nice starter rig for around $200 which has lots of parts and upgrades available.
From first hand experience, if I were you, I would run with what you have for now, and save up all the cash you would have spent on trying to fix it up, to get a much better quality rig.

Last edited by caymin last; 03-27-2010 at 09:40 AM.
caymin last is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:07 AM   #30

go for it man! i got into this hobby because of the nylints. do what you can with what you have. go to yard sales and flea markets and look for more of them to use for parts. you're going to need them.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 03:21 PM   #31

Are there any Compatible Aftermarket shocks? I can find a body somewhere.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:48 PM   #32
Rock Stacker

Hey man keep your head up, what you can afford is what you can afford. Some people on this forum don't really understand that there is a life outside of r/c" crawlers
will1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 05:59 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by will1978 View Post
Some people on this forum don't really understand that there is a life outside of r/c" crawlers
There is? Where?
silentcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 06:59 PM   #34
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Not really. I was thinking of one with lasers and crazy tribal art engraved on the handle, and allows the weilder to transcend time and space and date 6 super-models at a time while driving a Bugatti. THAT is a kick-ass spoon.

Bugatti Veyron my wet dream
Attached Images

thumper68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 07:40 PM   #35
Jeep whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climber View Post
ALSO, Let the record show, I am dirt poor. Got 30 bucks to my name, and thats going into that nylint.
if your that poor, then maybe you shouldnt spend the money on a crawler lol
scale4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 08:23 PM   #36
jwo
Rock Crawler

when i go to walmart, not to sound like a snob, but i check the rcs out, but would never buy one unless its with intentions of using the body and rape the screws out of it to add to the hardware bin and the rest goes in the trash. sounds bad, i would almost be willing to bet that most of us would do the same. i started out with crawlers on a 1/20 vmg. you could get a kit, or a rtr. i know it sucks,but saving money for a decent rtr w/ potential will pay off in the end. in the mean time, research all the rigs. gather info. that way after you pick one out, you will have knowledge to make it better. this hobby is not cheap by means. i myself am constantly on a budget, but its more like what i can set aside per week. i can still get what i want, it just takes longer. these are hobby grade, by no means a toy( most would say they are). every part replaceable and upgradable. a toy grade rc, broken! you can send it back to the manufacturer and pay out the butt, or toss it. in the end you are entitled to do what you want. dont get down on your self. we have all messed up at some point.
jwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:03 PM   #37
I'm a stupid C U N T!

people say a pictures worth a thousand words.

slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:19 PM   #38
Rock Crawler

Default Nylint

It can be done! This rig was a contender bag in it's day

sneak peek part 2
Mr Glassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 10:12 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

to be 100% honest....take the body off put it on the floor, take everything else and throw it out the window, then find a kit or build around that body. thats your best bet at making it....as SICK as possible.
LS1Armyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 10:16 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climber View Post
Just because it starts out as a piece of trash doesnt mean it cant be made into a SICK machine, E.G. My snowmobiles for instance, Take a really old piecer, mod it then it goes 150mph or take an old car, fix it up mod it, and take it to the dragstrip, pretty much anything is possible... And of course im gonna put a lift on it before you ask lol... I dont necessarily care for others opinions on what I have...

Happy Trails!!!
well in that case. if you dont care for others opinions, why are you asking for them?
yes you can fix stuff up and make something better than what it is. but think of it like this, you bought a red rider wagon and are trying to make it into the sickest crawler in your mind, cant be done, everything on those toys are cheap plastic, not only will it break, but it will be damn near impossible to make it crawl like oyu want it to. save your time and money and get a kit. a nice starter is an AX10 or an SCX10
LS1Armyboy is offline   Reply With Quote