Old 02-13-2010, 08:51 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default berg or bully ?

what is, the better axel ,and why?
big dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2010, 09:30 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

DO A SEARCH............ This topic has been beaten to death over and over. It always ends in an argument between berg and bully guys.
dasmonkeyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 10:40 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

X2, normally turns into quite a pissing match.

IMO. Out of the box, you cannot beat the bullies for their strength. But depending on what versions you get, they are VERY heavy.

Bergs are lighter but to be as strong as the bullies will need to be built up a bit. Bergs cost more to build stronger. But IMO is a better overall comp axle.

I have both and have not decided yet which I like better. I have to get more driving time on the bullies to give an honest opinion.
jcboof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 10:56 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Black or White? Lemon or Lime? Blonde or Redhead?

Its all personal choice. I'm not going to explain it all over again but in the end it comes down to personal choice.
Culetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 10:57 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Beating the dead horse is always fun.
DRCrawlGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 11:14 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Axial!
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 11:24 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Losi with a MOA option ...
stediju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:48 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Blonde for sure.
hellacool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:53 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Redheads
Grump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:55 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culetto View Post
Black or White? Lemon or Lime? Blonde or Redhead?

Its all personal choice. I'm not going to explain it all over again but in the end it comes down to personal choice.

Blonde
BansheeManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:57 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Redhead....

BTW: after today, the Bullies will NO LONGER be on my comp rig. Made a very interesting discovery that helped me decide to stay with my Bergs
Old 02-14-2010, 06:58 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRCrawlGood View Post
Beating the dead horse is always fun.
It starts to stink after a while though....
Old 02-14-2010, 06:59 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcboof View Post
Redhead....

BTW: after today, the Bullies will NO LONGER be on my comp rig. Made a very interesting discovery that helped me decide to stay with my Bergs

Please tell
BansheeManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 07:11 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Pick up lines at the bar.
Blonde= I'm drunk!
Brunette= I'm with her!
Red head= I'm the last one left!
LOL!!
hellacool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 07:16 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

OK, lets start here. The bullies are a GREAT axle for the money. They definitely work well, and they are tough as hell. BUT there are to many geometric differences between the bullies and the bergs.

Shock and lower link placement between the 2 axles is almost a 1/2" difference. and the distance between the shock and link mounts is 1/4" different. Scrub radius in the steering is very different due to the different offset of the wheels.

The bullies require alot of clearancing to get links to clear the gear cases, and the height of the upper link mounts changes suspension geometry quite a bit.

After taking my chassis that I was running on the bullies and putting it on the Berg axles, i was AMAZED at the difference it made. It was a whole different animal. I could not reproduce the smoothness that was gained in the swap when I had the chassis on bully axles. I was always fighting with a slight amount of binding due to trying to get things to work around the gearcases, the. I could take some clocking out of the rear axle on the bergs to improve the geometry even more. with the bully axles, I had to clock the rear axles sooooo much just to clear the motor with the rear links. The bergs do not have a problem with clearance. The geometric differences that were afforded by changing the axles were enough to get me to be a berg only guy now.

I'm likely going to get rid of the bullies that I have and get another set of bergs. That way I can have spare parts if I need them available quickly.

Now I am in NO WAY at all bashing the bullies or think that they are still not a good axle. On my particular build and with the experiences that I've had with them, I just feel that the Bergs work better for ME, Key word there, ME.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:30 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

....and the race starts again.....
Old 02-14-2010, 07:37 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

lol!! refer to post 2 and 3...
Old 02-14-2010, 07:49 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Brunette all the way
jmontes_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 07:53 PM   #19
Rock Stacker

Quote:
OK, lets start here. The bullies are a GREAT axle for the money. They definitely work well, and they are tough as hell. BUT there are to many geometric differences between the bullies and the bergs.

Shock and lower link placement between the 2 axles is almost a 1/2" difference. and the distance between the shock and link mounts is 1/4" different. Scrub radius in the steering is very different due to the different offset of the wheels.

The bullies require alot of clearancing to get links to clear the gear cases, and the height of the upper link mounts changes suspension geometry quite a bit.

After taking my chassis that I was running on the bullies and putting it on the Berg axles, i was AMAZED at the difference it made. It was a whole different animal. I could not reproduce the smoothness that was gained in the swap when I had the chassis on bully axles. I was always fighting with a slight amount of binding due to trying to get things to work around the gearcases, the. I could take some clocking out of the rear axle on the bergs to improve the geometry even more. with the bully axles, I had to clock the rear axles sooooo much just to clear the motor with the rear links. The bergs do not have a problem with clearance. The geometric differences that were afforded by changing the axles were enough to get me to be a berg only guy now.

I'm likely going to get rid of the bullies that I have and get another set of bergs. That way I can have spare parts if I need them available quickly.

Now I am in NO WAY at all bashing the bullies or think that they are still not a good axle. On my particular build and with the experiences that I've had with them, I just feel that the Bergs work better for ME, Key word there, ME.
OOOH MAAAAN ITS ON NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Na....... just messing with you Jesse. I agree that the bully axles can be a real pain to setup. Do to the cases being so thick, I have found that Kamikaze lower links work the best to clear the cases. Even then I did allot of tweaking for almost a year, before I found a setup and chassis that works well for me.
dasmonkeyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 07:54 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
lol!! refer to post 2 and 3...
Refer to post #6...