RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Newbie General (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newbie-general/)
-   -   does it exist? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newbie-general/23621-does-exist.html)

Rider385 01-17-2006 06:44 PM

does it exist?

I am curently building a crawler and I think the fun part of it is that you've built it yourself. But can you buy a rock crawler like the txt-1 i think.

ILoveRCRockCrawlin 01-17-2006 06:59 PM

No you can't buy TXT's. They're illeagal in every part of the world. Of course you can buy them.

jason 01-17-2006 07:03 PM

Does anyone have a canadian to english dictionary? I would really like to help this guy, but I am not sure what he is asking.

Robb 01-17-2006 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider385
But can you buy a rock crawler like the txt-1 i think.

You think you are asking the question?

edit: jason beat me to it

Rider385 01-17-2006 07:10 PM

ok you are right i did wrote something hard to understand.

i want to know if you can buy a rock crawler like RTR ( or un assembled )

like the txt-1 (i'm not sure if its realy a crawler or once modified it becomes one. like clods)
the part saying I'm building a crawler and ... bla bla its just because i didnt want people answering "your better build your own, thats the fun part of it!"

I am very sorry, french is my first language but i would not get answer for my Q's any where else. thanks

Rider385 01-17-2006 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILoveRCRockCrawlin
No you can't buy TXT's. They're illeagal in every part of the world. Of course you can buy them.

:flipoff: i would lmao if you would have to ask me something in french you'd make some mistakes.

ILoveRCRockCrawlin 01-17-2006 07:12 PM

Yes you can get RTR crawlers.

In the For sale section of RCC.

Rider385 01-17-2006 07:15 PM

thanks but these are some that people have build and want to sell or its a company thats makes them? in other words can i get one for my lhs?

ILoveRCRockCrawlin 01-17-2006 07:32 PM

Quote:

thanks but these are some that people have build and want to sell or its a company thats makes them? in other words can i get one for my lhs?

I don't believe you can. And if they were RTR they'd probably be the worse crawlers ever.

Oh, wait. Yes you can get RTR. Nylints. But they suck anyway. :flipoff:

SVEN 01-17-2006 07:37 PM

You can buy a TXT, Clod, TLT, and E-Maxx's at your lhs. BUT, then you get to modify (build them) in what ever way you want. I made my clod into a crawler, just like other people have turned the other above mentioned vehicles into crawlers. You must first buy a company made platform and then build from there. Unless you have the capabilities to fabricate your own axles, transmissions, etc.

WRMorrison 01-17-2006 07:48 PM

Don't let 'em harrass you too much Rider, I doubt they can speak/write a word in French. :lol: :flipoff:

Like mentioned, no one really sells a crawler, either RTR or in kit form. Really, you wouldn't want one anyway. It may be a bit cheaper to get a RTR, but not in the long run. Because, more than likely, you'd want to change quite a few things right off the bat. So, the best way is to buy the chassis design you like, and then the rest of the components YOU want. This way, you get exactly what you want from the beginning.

On another note, no one sells a TXT crawler chassis that I'm aware of. I'm in the middle of testing my own TXT sideplates, but even I don't plan to offer a full chassis kit.

Good luck!

-WRM

PastryLikeDood 01-17-2006 07:48 PM

Quote:

You MIGHT be able to get a clodbuster at your lhs. I got my clod from mine. Anyways, a clod right out of the box (and built) isnt a half bad crawler, but once you buy a new chassis, its like a completely new world of opportunities and challenges! RTR Crawlers (completely prebuilt with the radio and all that) cost $1000+ ish. Which is just about as much as a clod + chassis +radio setup + servos and all the rest of the new goodies.

xmaxxboyx 01-17-2006 07:52 PM

http://rc4wd.com/shop/index.php?cPat...9b5cc53ce03c14
rc4wd sells almost completes, take a look but they're kind of expensive.
just my 2 cents

WRMorrison 01-17-2006 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PastryLikeDood
a clod right out of the box (and built) isnt a half bad crawler

Don't listen, he's stoned... :lol:

-WRM

Rider385 01-18-2006 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVEN
You can buy a TXT, Clod, TLT, and E-Maxx's at your lhs. BUT, then you get to modify (build them) in what ever way you want. I made my clod into a crawler, just like other people have turned the other above mentioned vehicles into crawlers. You must first buy a company made platform and then build from there. Unless you have the capabilities to fabricate your own axles, transmissions, etc.

perfect infos but i know that all ready like mi signature says i'm building a savy crawler. shafty/tuber

Automan 01-19-2006 04:44 AM

Why did you start this thread then ??:lol:
You wrote "i want to know if you can buy a rock crawler like RTR ( or un assembled )"

And after these guys give you the info you want, you say that you already know this and repeated that you are building your own tuber...... i really like to know what your point of this thread is :?

Anyways, i think you can still buy a txt-1, and that one have always been a kit, not a rtr thing. I believe that the clod are also available and that one has never been sold as a rtr either i think. There are real nice artr kits available of crawlers http://rc4wd.com/shop/index.php?cPa...d9b5cc53ce03c14 as been mentioned before, but they are a little expencive, but if you build your own crawler of a txt-1 etc, then you will probably end up spending that much anyways.

As this thread are at the lack of having a point or goal, could you atleast post some pics of your project ?