Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Help Please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010, 11:25 AM   #1

Default Help Please

i am new to the crawling world, i have raced 1/10 scale buggies and trucks for a while now. i recently got a duratrax cliff climber, which in my opinion is junk cause it wont climb a pebble let alone a rock lol no offense to those who like them and like i said im new so i may not know every aspect of the crawling world but im trying to learn... is there a for sale thread on her cause i would like to pickk up a 1/10 scale crawler that is comp legal and everything and i figured what better place? right? anyhow and advice or help given to me would be greatly appricated. thank you much all
rdeflayme is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2010, 11:36 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

If you read the rules it clearly states that you have to be a member for 30 days and have a minimum of 30 posts.

Also try a stronger motor on your cliff climber it should help.
THE CRAWLER KING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:05 PM   #3

ok sorry for being new... i just want to buy a crawler and have some fun really thats why i cam here to learn about this world of r/c i can do anything with a kyosho rb5 buggy but know nothing about a crawler so i wanted to learn something new and fun and get help.....
Old 03-07-2010, 12:11 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

read read and read some more there is tones of info here to help you out, if your eager to get a crawler u can buy s "star" for 20 buck, this will allow you to see the classitieds right away, enter all kinds off give aways etc etc, not to mention with some of the deals you can find here you will save way more then 20 bucks in the long run
ultimate_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:27 PM   #5

Integy iROCK 4x4 RTR 1/8 Rock Crawler
im thinking about picking up one of these just to teach myself and get good at the skills what do you'll think??
Old 03-07-2010, 04:47 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

get a star support this great site! It has saved me about 250 bucks so far
smokediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:13 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdeflayme View Post
Integy iROCK 4x4 RTR 1/8 Rock Crawler
im thinking about picking up one of these just to teach myself and get good at the skills what do you'll think??
Don't do it! Run the cliff climber some more (It ain't that bad). There is a section here all about them. Just don't throw alot of money into it because it really doesn't fit any class. Crawling is all about picking lines and proper throttle and steering control. While the rig has something to do with it, just like on the track, it is 80+% driver. Read some more. Find some folks to crawl with. Practice! practice! practice! AND HAVE FUN! Welcome to the addiction!

Last edited by oldhippie; 03-07-2010 at 06:17 PM.
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:27 PM   #8

do they make some sort of dig for the integy i rock is it in the speed controller or how does that work will someone please explain for me? do i need a 3ch tx and rx for one or what?? HELP???
Old 03-09-2010, 03:33 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

Default Dig

Don't know much about your crawler and I'm pretty new too but yes you will need a three channel to operate the dig, found out the hard way that the DX 3.0 don't work too well for a dig unit DX3e is your best bet for the money IMO Have fun!!!
sullysracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:54 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdeflayme View Post
do they make some sort of dig for the integy i rock is it in the speed controller or how does that work will someone please explain for me? do i need a 3ch tx and rx for one or what?? HELP???
According to the Integy website, that truck comes with a 2 channel Tx/Rx, so to add a dig, you would need a new radio and receiver (3 channel with a 3pos switch). It should be possible to add a PunkRc Dig Switch to the system. You could also get a 4+ channel stick radio and set it up for independent control of front and rear axles...however, you'd need an additional ESC.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:39 AM   #11

well its far from stock on the tx and rx im actually using my airtronics m8 with spektrum on it and it seems to work well..... but i dont plan on purchasing a new tx anytime soon so i guess the dig is out of the wustion.... could someone explain the kind of situations in which one would be needed??
Old 03-29-2010, 12:26 PM   #12

alright so i found the need for a dig lol but now what kind and were do i buy is there diffent ones for the shafty versus the moa crawlers help on some info on digs??
Old 03-29-2010, 03:23 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Yes, a dig unit for a MOA rig will be electronic....for a shafty will be mechanical. For the truck you asked about earlier in this thread, the easiest is to buy a dig switch from PunkRc....the cheapest is to build one out of micro switches.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote