Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Servo trouble

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2010, 03:52 PM   #1

Default Servo trouble

On my mostly stock AX-10 RTR I'm running a Skyion G82122 and I constanlty have to ajust the servo horn. It seems that the center changes. I hope that makes sense. I'm running stock electronincs except the servo, and it will have to stay that way for a while till the budget allows.

Thanks in advance.
scouperacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2010, 03:53 PM   #2

Also every once in a while the motor surges under light throttle while crawling.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:39 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

In regard to your servo question....are you sure that you're not accidentally adjusting the steering sub-trim? I havent used the stock axial RTR radio, but I imagine that it is a knob on the outside of the radio that can easily be hit and the center position changed...
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 05:07 PM   #4

No, thats not it, I even tried another radio (FM) it does the same thing. I also thought that maybe the horn splines were stripped but thats not the case either.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:31 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

If you are running the original servo arm that came with the kit, it might be worth looking closer. You mention that you are running a different servo than stock, you should know that servos don't all have the same spline count. Is it possible that the Skyion has different spline tooth count than the stock servo? Sometimes the wrong servo horn will fit but it will be a bad fit and can slip a little! Also, the stock servo horn is made of very soft plastic, I have seen them spin on the servo output shaft without actually damaging the splines.

You have removed the servo saver I hope?

I would suggest install a new, good quality servo horn with the correct spline count, and then see if your problem is fixed.

Cheers.
Terranaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:54 PM   #6

I just replaced the junk Skyion servo, that was it. Must have been a problem with the POT.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:41 AM   #7

Now I replaced my Skyion servo with a Tower pro. It was working great alot stronger than I expected. I turned it off yesterday and everything was fine, and when I turned it on today there was no steering. So, I put the Skyion back on and it worked so it must be the new servo. Is there any way I can troubleshoot this tower pro servo?