Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Newbie

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2010, 09:39 PM   #1

Default Newbie

Hello! Watched some crawlers on youtube and needed one. Bought an axial scx10 rtr-love it already. Need some tips on how to better secure the driveshafts,as they keep comin off! Also,the best way to relocate the batt-I rigged a quick fix,but I don't think it will last.
Big Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2010, 10:42 PM   #2
bsn
Quarry Creeper

haven't already go to the SCX-10 section or the axial ax-10 section. They will probably have everything you need.
bsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:40 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

locktite
liverkiller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:04 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Scotty View Post
Hello! Watched some crawlers on youtube and needed one. Bought an axial scx10 rtr-love it already. Need some tips on how to better secure the driveshafts,as they keep comin off! Also,the best way to relocate the batt-I rigged a quick fix,but I don't think it will last.

To better secure the drive shafts (assuming they are coming off at the pinion) the factory metal yokes only come with one grub screw on one side of the yoke. You need to find another grub screw and put it on the other side. So it will be pinching the pinion shaft on both sides the flat and the radius side. And locktite all grub screws careful not to get locktite into the hex part of your grub screw for your wrench suchs when it's dry and you cant get the wrench back in.

If the drive shaft is coming of the yoke you can take a little zip tie and "zip" right at the connection of the shaft and the yoke, but you will need to put a dab a CA glue on the zip tie to secure it. Or a piece of metal tubing to slide over the shaft to prevent the ears on the drive shaft from opening up on heavy load. Both the zip tie and the metal coller function the same way but the zip tie way is a bit more temporary. Hope this helps.

As for the batt relocation look up in the SCX-10 section...

Last edited by Blood_Clod; 03-26-2010 at 09:06 AM.
Blood_Clod is offline   Reply With Quote