Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: new to rc crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 07:30 PM   #41

Default Re: new to rc crawler

newbie to the forum, been crawling for a few years. excited to have a good source of info. ive had an ax10 and a half assed scx-10 and im looking to start making my own custom chassis from brake line. any good threads on customs fab stuff?
madbull666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2013, 06:04 AM   #42

Hello everyone I'm a 32yr old kid LOL from Australia (east coast NSW), I'm another newby to the forum and to RC in general. I have recently (past 3 months) purchased 2 RC's, a nitro Revo 3.3 and an electric HPI Apache SC, but I have fallen in love with the rock crawling and scale RC's. I am currently saving up to purchase one over the next couple of months, and as I am undecided whether to go crawler or scaler, I will no doubt inundate lots of threads with newb questions about both kinds of RC.
Rambodian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:44 AM   #43
Pebble Pounder

welcome to the forum now please make you way to the exit door and go home. lol
904crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:18 AM   #44

Hello everyone. I am new here and just wanted to stop in and say hello. I am a new crawler addict and this is a change because I was always an RC Aircraft junky. Still researching scalers and trying to figure out what me first build will be, but I am thinking it will be a scx10 build of some sort. Any advise would be great!!! Thanx...
jmoser1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:55 PM   #45
Rock Stacker

Talking Re: new to rc crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75LC View Post
Read, do some research , there are some great folk's here to help and as always a couple of attitudes....
Great site with a lot of information and soon you'll find that you have met the minimum posts to have access to the for sale section.
First, listen, read and learn...
To your comment I have read and read and read some more reviews however I am stumped with what I personally want to do. I am not new to rc's and have customized and kit built several trucks, however I don't know what to go for a ax10 or a scx10 I am aware of the difference more crawler-slightly scalar vs a scalar truck but for what I want to do I'm not sure what I would enjoy more. I am looking to do some trail blazing by my house as well as some crawling that is on the trails. Oh and I was also thinking maybe the wraith or venom creeper... Leaning more between the scx10 and ax10 but I want advise and can't find anything answering my question.
Also is it better to custom build my truck or by a rtr or roller on eBay. Thanks for the advise!
silversweater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:41 AM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversweater View Post
I am looking to do some trail blazing by my house as well as some crawling that is on the trails.
Also is it better to custom build my truck or by a rtr or roller on eBay. Thanks for the advise!
Based on that I would say scx10 will keep you more then happy. It's amazing what they will get over with a good setup and good tires.

I line to piece them together then I get what I want off the hop. But rtr is easy.
street.terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:41 PM   #47

Hello All!

I've never owned a large RC so I've been reading this forum and everything else I can find online to educate myself about Rock Crawling and which would be the best RC kit for me. So far I'm liking the Axial XR10 crawler a lot.

One thing I've learned is that no matter which RC kit I decide on, I'll end up replacing most of it with upgrades to make it into a decent comp crawler.

My dumb question is:
Wouldn't it be better (more cost effective) for me to start from scratch and assemble the better parts instead of purchasing a starter kit that I'm going to replace piece-by-piece anyway?

I've read threads that list all the parts that will have to be upgraded and I'm wondering just what doesn't need to be replaced to have a decent comp crawler.
CreeperReeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:49 PM   #48

Hello everyone!

New to RC Crawler here. I've been into RC's for exactly 1 month now. I started off with an RTR Electrix Ruckus Monster Truck. I love that truck to death and its getting the treatment now as far as getting upgraded. This hobby has really grabbed me and I'm completely into it now lol (as I'm sure is the case with many of you here). Tomorrow or at some point this week I'm buying my first kit. I picked the Axial Wraith because it looks neat, and there's a bunch of aftermarket support for it. I'm going to build it up stock, add my decent electronics that I have on hand, and then over the coming months, upgrade the heck out of it with Vanquish parts and make it look sweet.

Figured I'd join in on the forums here and get some insight on turning it into a 100% crawler. Likewise, I'll also be turning the thing into a monster truck at some point just to experiment. Either way looking forward to the build. I hope to talk to some of you soon.
ren.dnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:50 PM   #49
Quarry Creeper

hi i am new to scale/crawling have done a lot of short course is there any tips that can help me
mark32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:17 PM   #50

CreeperReeper. I found myself in the same situation. I was going to bye a axial scx10 kit and build it up, but by the time I figured out the cost of building it with parts I would want on it, I desided to buy one that someone else had already upgraded to the point I wanted to be at. Cost me far less. If you have to build your own then personaly I would do it all from scratch instead of spending the money on a kit and a name. Just my 2 cents.
jmoser1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:18 AM   #51
Pebble Pounder

What will that do? where do I pay?
murlin12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:23 PM   #52
Rock Stacker

Hello everyone! I'm an newbert here and to RC crawlers. I just picked up an Axial XR10 kit and am trying to figure out this crawler thing. I'm near Charlotte, NC so if anyone around the area has any suggestions as to hobby stores, etc. I'd greatly appreciate it!
LooseMoose1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:06 PM   #53

Hello all,
I'm getting back in the hobby after a long layoff. I was around in the maxxtraxx.com days if that means anything. lol.
Things sure have changed alot since I quit many years ago. Things are soooo confusing now. lol. After looking online I wanted a scale rig....bad! But I don't think I could have fun running that with my daughter. I think running something quicker like a traxxas slash or raptor would be better.
Anyway,
I use to run Clods. Before I had to sell everything I had two stock clods. One clodzilla 2. One clodzilla 4..my favorite. One tamiya s10. One tamiya blackfoot. One gold pan rc10. One rc10gt. One hpi nitro mt. One traxxas t-maxx that was turned into a 2.5 UE supremaxx. One Losi Mini Baja. And lastly(that I can remember) I was in the process of building a mud truck...... I had a stock clod that I had put jumbo kongs on , a water proof esc, and was working on a custom body that I was molding some fener flares for, then everything had to go. I think I may have missed a few trucks. lol.
sosume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:13 PM   #54

hey somewhat to the rc game have an axial wraith with a few mods. but after taking a look around the site i started to really like the who scaler thing. just ordered a new scx10 and am really xcited to modding the honcho.
cooldude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:08 AM   #55
Rock Crawler

I'm new to crawlers been looking for one for a little while now. Been looking at some of the mini ones mainly because i need something to do between heats at the races. I'm sure i'll end up modding it to no end. Few questions i have about the forum tho. once i post something it tells me i have to wait for approval from a mod. Then i never see my post. Is it just because i'm new and it takes awhile. I've never seen this on any forums i'm a part of. just curious.
lilws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:13 PM   #56

hi all I run a Hobbytown USA just outside of Philadelphia. We are getting ready to build a rock crawing course Long and narrow about 10' X 50' looking for suggestions or ideas on layout would be appreciated... thank you scotthobbytown
scotthobbytown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:25 PM   #57

Hello All, I run a Hobbytown USA just outside of Philadelphia. We are getting ready to build A rock crawling course (long and narrow) looking for any suggestions on a realy cool layout.. THANK YOU...
scotthobbytown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:44 AM   #58

Hey guys just want to hello first I am very new to crawling wanting to purchase a super juice chassis or something along those lines or do they even sell a rolling chassis thanks in advance
Chevydc44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:28 PM   #59

Didn't know where to put this and if it's been answered before, I googled it and nothing came up, but can you put a 1/18th scale brushless in a 1/10th scale crawler?
christianewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:24 AM   #60

hi all im new to the site been lurking for sometime . bought a twin hammer when it came out and after lurking i just purchased a bully artr that i cant wait to get in the mail woohoo . i will be posting some pics of my twin hammer in the appropriate forum and im sure i will have tons of questions about the bully
this site is wonderful
bugggin72 is offline   Reply With Quote